Start by marking “Carey'd Away” as Want to Read:
Carey'd Away

Carey'd Away

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Carey Thornton is tired of couples. All his friends have someone special and he feels like the odd man out. Painfully single, Carey cruises the nightclubs and gay party scene, flirting with any hot guy who looks his way, but he always seems to be the one to go home alone.

It’s comic convention weekend at the Omni Hotel where Carey works, and somehow he got roped into workin
Published 2009 by Amber Allure Press

To ask other readers questions about Carey'd Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carey'd Away

Nancy L
Mar 24, 2011 Nancy L rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
cute story. I love the shy ones ;)
Lena Grey
The last place Carey Thornton and Patrick Dix in 'Carey'd Away' by J.M. Snyder expected to meet someone special was at a Comic Convention, especially when neither of them wanted to be there. However, love has a way of sneaking in with whom, when, and where we least expect it. With Carey's outgoing and direct personality and Patrick's shy and reserved ways, a relationship between them seemed improbable, but it happened anyway.

The characters in 'Carey'd' Away' are so well defined that I felt as if
Elisa Rolle
I have already said it before, I really like when J.M. Snyder plays with her boys, meaning that when her stories are about boys not yet men that are playing with life. This is the feeling I have of Carey’d Away, even if it’s not specifically said, I think all the characters in here are really young, probably young men just out of college or maybe even little more than teenagers.

The story is about a group of friends, a gay couple, Tyreese and Bill, a lesbian one, Shonda and Jan, and the black she
Kassa
I’ll admit I was drawn to this for the cover. It’s not a work of priceless art, but it’s clean and crisp. The water blending with the naked guy just worked for me, so without even reading the blurb I knew I wanted it. The blurb helped because it sounded like a fun, likable story. Not to mention I don’t have to hide the cover on my e-reader, so win all around. The writing was clear and easy, just as the author typically delivers and Patrick was a classic Snyder character, yet the antics of the gr ...more
Kris
Mini Tasting:

Why I bought it: It was a pressie from someone who knows I like this author. *blushes*

Mini-chomp:

Dislike~ I realise one of the main characters, Patrick, was very shy, but I was still vaguely uncomfortable by the way Carey (of Carey-d Away fame) insisted on sexually teasing him in front of his friends. Perhaps the prude in me was coming out?? *ponders*

Like~ It’s J M Snyder. Writing = good.

So, what I think: For those in the mood for a short, sexy hook up story.

========================
Tiya Rosa
The MCs are adorable and explosive together, the supporting characters are hilarious, and the writing is quick and quirky, this is another great one from J.M. Snyder.

Note to self: check out Vic and Matt.
Ami
While it's a fun and playful story around bunch of friends, I don't feel deep connection and emotion that I'm used to with J.M. Snyder's other books. It's a nice read but forgettable
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Daisiemae
Publisher: Amber Allure Press
Genre: M/M Contemporary

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Claudia
It was a little bit too imature for my taste. Not my thing really. Some might find it a light and fun read, though.
J.M.
Jun 24, 2009 J.M. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my book so I'm not going to write a review.
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Lynde Shaw
Lynde Shaw marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Cochise Paulette
Cochise Paulette marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Osnaldo Bolivar
Osnaldo Bolivar marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Caz Zam
Caz Zam marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Maura
Maura added it
Jan 21, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Calvin's Cowboy (Calvin's Cowboy #1)
  • Midnight
  • An Officer and His Gentleman
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Seven Year Ache
  • Lover's Knots
  • War Games
  • Single White Knight
  • Dulce et Decorum Est
  • Eight Nights (Eight Nights #1)
  • Best Gay Erotica 2014
  • Mental:
  • Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1)
  • Bashed
  • The Ties That Bind
  • One Shot
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • The Veteran (Veteran #1)
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...
Power Play Scarred Persistence of Memory Joy Ride Love in the Library