Start by marking “Whiteout (Hunted, #3)” as Want to Read:
Whiteout (Hunted, #3)

Whiteout (Hunted #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A teacher is found dead in a whiteout blizzard. If Chass doesn't act fast, she could be next . . .

Whiteout continues the story of Chastity, who has been on the run with her mother for as long as she can remember. Stumbling through a whiteout blizzard in Greenville, Minnesota, Chass trips over a dead body, and then sees a mysterious man disappear into the storm. With her ha
Published October 15th 2009 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Whiteout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiteout

Rachael
In the book Whiteout, by Walter Sorrells, sixteen year old Chastity has been running from a killer all her life with her mom. Chastity has lived in twenty different towns, and has had twenty different names ever since her father was killed by the killer; Kyle Van Epps. Chastity is tired of moving to a different place every time something happens that may relate to Kyle Van Epps, so when they come to the killers old home town; Greensville, Minnesota, there is something about it that makes Chasti ...more
Brandon
The book that I am reading is Whiteout. There is a lot of things that are going on in the book where I am. At the beginning of the there is a main character of the book was in the park on his walk and he tripped over a lady that was laying on the ground. He got up and was not even looking at her and kept apologizing. Then he looked at her and saw blood coming from her head. Chass knew who it was. It was Miss Hill. She was the music teacher of his high school.
Chass called the police and they t
Randy
What a great premise for a mystery series! Chass and her mother are on the run from a killer, so each book is set in a different town with the characters assuming new identities.

This 3rd book in the series finds them settling in to the small town of Greenville, Minnesota, where only days after their arrival Chass is out walking in a total blizzard when she literally trips over the dead body of her music teacher. She's seen the killer (sort of, through the snowy whiteout) and he's seen her.

There'
Rene
This was a really good book but my mistake was that I didn't realize this was a series ad I read this one before reading Fake ID and Club Dread. After I read this book like a year later I read club Dread and now I still haven't read the first one.
Christina
Chass stumbles over a body in a blizzard--her music teacher! Having been on the run all her life from the man who murdered her father, Chass's mother suspects he has found them and wants to immediately leave town (again--they only just moved into this new place), but Chass is determined to solve the mystery of the murder rather than have to move again. This fast-paced, thrilling mystery will have you on the edge of your seat, and there are several "red herrings" that will have you guessing til t ...more
Claire
May 31, 2009 Claire rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: OK for mystery / adventure fans 12 and up
This is a decent teen mystery. Set in Minnesota, the book kicks off with a murder in a school parking lot during a Minnesota blizzard that Chas almost witnesses. Of course the murderer can't be sure so now Chas and her friends are riding out a crime spree- Her mother is shot while wearing Chas' hat, the school and a house are burned down... amid all this evidence starts popping up that refers back to a mystery that Chas' mom has been chasing down. The brutal desperation of the murderer is a bit ...more
Samantha
I was so excited to finish the series that I sat down and read this book from start to finish immediately after I checked it out. For the last book in a series, it leaves out far too much closing information about the main villain in the entire series. This would be perfect for a book number four in the series, but since these were published years ago with no mention of a fourth to the series, I'm giving it three stars. I loved the writing style and the series as a whole, though.
Paty
Great plot and story in this murder/mystery by W. Sorrells. Chass and her mother are on the run and hiding out in a small town in Minnesota. When Chass discovers the body of her murdered music teacher in a blizzard, she sets off to find out who the murderer is. Although our heroine spends most of the time running around in the blizzard and escaping from deadly fires, the mystery behind the story is quite entertaining.
WCPL Teens
Book 3 in the Hunted series. Chass and her mother have moved to yet another town under new identities, running from Kyle Van Epps. In the middle of a blizzard, Chass discovers the body of her music teacher, shot dead. Slowly she discovers that the town and her teacher have connections to Van Epps, and her she and her mother might find the clue that can put him away and free them from running.
Brandy
Well-paced mystery/thriller. I'm disappointed that the blizzard--in which our main character wanders just about all day--doesn't give a more palpable sense of the cold and isolation. The cold could have been a character in its own right, and just ... wasn't. Which really diminished what could have been a great dramatic device. Alas.
6josh
I read the book Whiteout, by Walter Sorrells, In this book Chass is investigating a a local murder so he doesn't end up as the next victim. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes mystery books because of all the tight situations he is put in. I thought it was good because of the mystery and the tough situations.
Tiffany
i thought that this was one of his(walter sorrells) more confusing books. it made sense some times but other times it was like "what!"
so u might have to read some thing twice to really understand it.
but other wise it was mighty fine.
Gwen Mae
i JUST finished this book, also in 2 days, i couldnt put it down!
Readingrl
Stretches belief, but engrossing anyway. Read it in a weekend.
Allison
This book kept me intersted and had alot of suspense!
Joti
great story --the whole mystery was kinda twisted too :D
Robin
Jan 30, 2010 Robin marked it as to-read
Shelves: teen-books
On the best of 2009 for youth.
Allison Holt
Pretty good book, just finished it
Brittney Stanley
It was best out of the three
Athena
Athena is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2015
Kylie Scullion
Kylie Scullion marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Devon
Devon marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Thief of Hearts (Body of Evidence, #2)
  • Change-up: Mystery at the World Series (The Sports Beat, #4)
  • Lunatic Detective (Lunatic Life, #2)
  • The Dying Breath (Forensic Mysteries, #4)
  • Sweet, Hereafter (Heaven, #3)
  • The President's Daughter
  • Binding Ties (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #6)
  • Fire Will Fall (Streams of Babel, #2)
  • Montmorency's Revenge (Montmorency #4)
  • So Punk Rock: And Other Ways to Disappoint Your Mother
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
  • Black Rabbit Summer
  • Just Murdered (Dead-End Job Mystery, #4)

Hunted (3 books)
  • Fake ID (Hunted, #1)
  • Club Dread (Hunted, #2)
The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2) Fake ID (Hunted, #1) The Travelers: Book Three (Pendragon: Before the War, #3) Static (Flight 29 Down, #1) First Shot