Start by marking “Sand Chronicles, Volume 7” as Want to Read:
Sand Chronicles, Volume 7

Sand Chronicles, Volume 7 (Sunadokei #7)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  418 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Can the sands of time bury the pain of the past? R to L (Japanese Style). Ann's junior high school reunion is coming up, and she hasn't seen Daigo in two years. How will their reunion go? Then, finally, the story behind Ann's engagement. Who is her fiancé...? Twelve-year-old Ann and her divorced mother move from big city Tokyo to her mother's rural hometown. How w ...more
Published January 5th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sand Chronicles, Volume 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand Chronicles, Volume 7

We Were There, Vol. 1 by Yuuki ObataNana, Vol. 1 by Ai Yazawa5 Centimeters per Second by Makoto ShinkaiParadise Kiss, Volume 1 by Ai YazawaAbsolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 by Yuu Watase
Most Depressing Manga
12th out of 146 books — 131 voters
Red River, Vol. 28 by Chie ShinoharaKodocha by Miho ObanaAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRoseSoul Eater, Vol. 22 by Atsushi OhkuboBlack Butler, Vol. 06 by Yana Toboso
More anime than one can grasp!
26th out of 100 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Jamie
This series is pretty special. It's rare to read a comic book that started out as a junior high romance that tracks its characters through time in a real and profound way. This volume sees Ann in her 20s still struggling with the events that led to her being alone in adulthood. It's a mature story, full of wonderful art and nuanced writing.
Starbubbles

Don't you think Ann is haunted by her mother? She can't escape, ever. She's begging for someone to save her, and no one can. I don't know how Ann never connected just waking up in the morning as strength when she feels that bad, constantly.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Sand Chronicles is one of the most moving series I have ever read. It makes me cry every time! Read my review here: http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=3672
Laura Graves
When I began reading manga (which was only two months ago), I never expected to read something that was truly touching. I thought it would all be fun and cute. This series changes my mind completely about the type of manga I like. Sure, I enjoy reading funny manga like Special A or cute manga like Fruits Basket, but I enjoy reading manga with a realistic story line and deeper meaning much more. It’s just better that way. That’s what this series was for me and I can only hope I’ll find more like ...more
Kristen
A LOT happens in this volume, it's almost hard to keep up! But it takes place when Ann is 26, and shows her trying to just be herself. It's interesting seeing her "new" personality, especially in the work force.
Rilakkuma Otaku
I think that this volume REALLY helped move the plot along.
Beckiezra
I was happy Daigo rejected Ann's attempt to get back together and happy for Ann becoming tougher and meeting a new guy and getting engaged. But then it all fell apart and we're pretty much back to zero as far as Ann's toughness goes, though I'm pretty sure the author is just faking us out with the comparisons to her suicidal mom. Just a few novels left to go. I feel like Ann and Daigo are perhaps inevitable but I don't feel as bad about it as I did in the previous book.
Jasmiina F
Sand Chronicles is one of my favorite manga series, it's lovely and surprising and it almost makes me cry all the time. And there's only three volumes left!
Sarah Maddaford
I absolutely couldn't believe that Ann would accept a proposal from a guy she had never even kissed. The fact that a guy like that would ask is pretty incredible to me. I was very glad with the resolution of that part of the story line, but now I really want the 8th book because the ending of this book is a giant cliffhanger! There is some kissing, but not much else including language and violence.
jenni  Ⓥ
Ann returns to Shimane for a school reunion. She sees Daigo again which is awkward at first, but ultimately ends up for the best. They're no good for each other at this point. Ann was seriously scaring me there for a minute with that jerk she met on the train. This book is ripping my heart out! Come on Ann.... I'm pulling for you <3
Mely
Feb 07, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Shelves: manga, shojo
This is where the series finally convinced me to buy instead of tachiyomi -- late, but the effect is cumulative. And I was, finally, convinced that it was Ann's story and that it wasn't romance--or anything external--that would save her.
Lauren
I wasn't to impressed with this series. I really thought I would like it more but nothing about it impressed me very much. Overall the only thing that was good about this magna was the drawing style.
Amy Gideon
So many feelings with this one. Ashihara does a good job getting into the mindset of depression. I hurt for Ann and I can't help but hope she'll make it through.
scarlettraces
i'm a bit dizzied by the speed at which Ann is getting older, but the emotional resonance remains at the same rarefied tension.
William
This is getting really heavy. It looks like Ann has turned into her mother, and is about to suffer the same fate.
Sofia
Feb 02, 2011 Sofia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
3.5
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Kalina
Kalina added it
Mar 15, 2015
Cote
Cote added it
Mar 14, 2015
Audrey Canaff
Audrey Canaff is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2015
Pinky
Pinky marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • We Were There, Vol. 10
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Honey Hunt, Volume 5
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 6
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 12
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 11
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 12
Debut with "Sono Hanashi okotowari shimasu" in 1994 on Bessatsu Shoujo Comics.

Genres
Shoujo(17) Romance(14) Drama(11) School Life(6) Slice of Life(5) Sports(2) Comedy(2) Historical(1) Mystery(1) Mature(1) Gender Bender(1)

Japanese name: 芦原 妃名子
More about Hinako Ashihara...

Sunadokei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 8
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 9
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 10
  • Sunadokei: Ashihara Hinako Irasutoshū
Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1) Sand Chronicles, Volume 2 Sand Chronicles, Volume 3 Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4 Sand Chronicles, Volume 5