Start by marking “Sand Chronicles, Volume 7” as Want to Read:
Sand Chronicles, Volume 7

Sand Chronicles, Volume 7 (Sunadokei #7)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  500 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Can the sands of time bury the pain of the past? R to L (Japanese Style). Ann's junior high school reunion is coming up, and she hasn't seen Daigo in two years. How will their reunion go? Then, finally, the story behind Ann's engagement. Who is her fiancé...? Twelve-year-old Ann and her divorced mother move from big city Tokyo to her mother's rural hometown. How will Ann s ...more
Published January 5th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sand Chronicles, Volume 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand Chronicles, Volume 7

We Were There, Vol. 1 by Yuuki ObataNana, Vol. 1 by Ai Yazawa5 Centimeters per Second by Makoto ShinkaiParadise Kiss, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaAbsolute Boyfriend, Vol. 1 by Yuu Watase
Most Depressing Manga
12th out of 148 books — 156 voters
Red River, Vol. 28 by Chie ShinoharaKodocha by Miho ObanaPandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1 by Jun MochizukiAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRoseSoul Eater, Vol. 22 by Atsushi Ohkubo
More Manga than one can grasp!
28th out of 100 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Aug 27, 2011 Alison (AlisonCanRead) rated it really liked it
Jamie
Mar 17, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicnovels
This series is pretty special. It's rare to read a comic book that started out as a junior high romance that tracks its characters through time in a real and profound way. This volume sees Ann in her 20s still struggling with the events that led to her being alone in adulthood. It's a mature story, full of wonderful art and nuanced writing.
Starbubbles
May 23, 2011 Starbubbles rated it liked it
Shelves: manga

Don't you think Ann is haunted by her mother? She can't escape, ever. She's begging for someone to save her, and no one can. I don't know how Ann never connected just waking up in the morning as strength when she feels that bad, constantly.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jan 05, 2010 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it it was amazing
Sand Chronicles is one of the most moving series I have ever read. It makes me cry every time! Read my review here: http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=3672
When I began reading manga (which was only two months ago), I never expected to read something that was truly touching. I thought it would all be fun and cute. This series changes my mind completely about the type of manga I like. Sure, I enjoy reading funny manga like Special A or cute manga like Fruits Basket, but I enjoy reading manga with a realistic story line and deeper meaning much more. It’s just better that way. That’s what this series was for me and I can only hope I’ll find more like ...more
Kristen
May 26, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it
A LOT happens in this volume, it's almost hard to keep up! But it takes place when Ann is 26, and shows her trying to just be herself. It's interesting seeing her "new" personality, especially in the work force.
Chisom A
Mar 19, 2015 Chisom A rated it it was amazing
I think that this volume REALLY helped move the plot along.
Winter
Sep 17, 2015 Winter rated it it was amazing
hope that she will be with Daigo!!!!!!
Beckiezra
Jun 06, 2012 Beckiezra rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
I was happy Daigo rejected Ann's attempt to get back together and happy for Ann becoming tougher and meeting a new guy and getting engaged. But then it all fell apart and we're pretty much back to zero as far as Ann's toughness goes, though I'm pretty sure the author is just faking us out with the comparisons to her suicidal mom. Just a few novels left to go. I feel like Ann and Daigo are perhaps inevitable but I don't feel as bad about it as I did in the previous book.
Jasmiina F
Jan 19, 2014 Jasmiina F rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Sand Chronicles is one of my favorite manga series, it's lovely and surprising and it almost makes me cry all the time. And there's only three volumes left!
Sarah Maddaford
I absolutely couldn't believe that Ann would accept a proposal from a guy she had never even kissed. The fact that a guy like that would ask is pretty incredible to me. I was very glad with the resolution of that part of the story line, but now I really want the 8th book because the ending of this book is a giant cliffhanger! There is some kissing, but not much else including language and violence.
jenni  Ⓥ
Jun 30, 2012 jenni Ⓥ rated it it was amazing
Ann returns to Shimane for a school reunion. She sees Daigo again which is awkward at first, but ultimately ends up for the best. They're no good for each other at this point. Ann was seriously scaring me there for a minute with that jerk she met on the train. This book is ripping my heart out! Come on Ann.... I'm pulling for you <3
Mely
Feb 07, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Shelves: manga, shojo
This is where the series finally convinced me to buy instead of tachiyomi -- late, but the effect is cumulative. And I was, finally, convinced that it was Ann's story and that it wasn't romance--or anything external--that would save her.
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I wasn't to impressed with this series. I really thought I would like it more but nothing about it impressed me very much. Overall the only thing that was good about this magna was the drawing style.
Amy Gideon
Jan 11, 2015 Amy Gideon rated it it was amazing
So many feelings with this one. Ashihara does a good job getting into the mindset of depression. I hurt for Ann and I can't help but hope she'll make it through.
scarlettraces
Apr 28, 2010 scarlettraces rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loaners, manga-manhwa
i'm a bit dizzied by the speed at which Ann is getting older, but the emotional resonance remains at the same rarefied tension.
William
Oct 24, 2010 William rated it really liked it
This is getting really heavy. It looks like Ann has turned into her mother, and is about to suffer the same fate.
Katie
Feb 21, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Sofia
Feb 02, 2011 Sofia rated it liked it
3.5
Ornella
Ornella rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 15, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Mary Agyei
Mary Agyei rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Kremi
Kremi added it
Jul 12, 2016
Firah Ananda
Firah Ananda rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Mallory Solomon
Mallory Solomon marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Lena
Lena rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
  • We Were There, Vol. 9
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 12
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 3
  • Nana, Vol. 18 (Nana, #18)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 8
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 6 (Marmalade Boy, #6)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 4
Debut with "Sono Hanashi okotowari shimasu" in 1994 on Bessatsu Shoujo Comics.

Genres
Shoujo(17) Romance(14) Drama(11) School Life(6) Slice of Life(5) Sports(2) Comedy(2) Historical(1) Mystery(1) Mature(1) Gender Bender(1)

Japanese name: 芦原 妃名子
More about Hinako Ashihara...

Sunadokei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2