Start by marking “I Never Fancied Him Anyway” as Want to Read:
I Never Fancied Him Anyway

I Never Fancied Him Anyway

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  652 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Cassandra can see the future with 100% accuracy . . . for everybody except herself.

Ever since Cassandra was a little girl, she's had a remarkable psychic gift. Now a successful columnist for a weekly magazine, she predicts the future with uncanny precision. And thanks to her stunning co-worker Charlene—and the latest love of Charlene's life, hot television producer Jack—Ca
Published September 22nd 2009 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published September 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Never Fancied Him Anyway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Never Fancied Him Anyway

(tina) (hiatus: school)
So the story starts off, expected and stated in the summary where Cassandra's an awesome psychic, randomly having the ability since she was young. No context, no why or what, just accept it reader!
And the people around her, all now finding out realize this and want to use her to tell their own future of course! But Cassandra, being a kind-hearted soul, (-.-), doesn't tell the bad stuff that will happen in people's lives. Because she doesn't want them to feel bad or get angry or whateve
Stella
My thoughts: I ordered this book because the cute cover and the funny title have caught my eye and after having read the blurb I couldn't wait to read it as it sounded original and cute.

Unfortunately the novel did not live up to my expectations, which considering that we are talking about chick lit weren't that high or unrealistic: I just wanted a cute, funny well-written story.

I Never Fancied Him Anyway didn't deliver. The characterisations are flat, the characters are shallow, 2D, clichéd, and
Helena
This is a somewhat typical chic lit book, but with a twist that does set it apart a little bit: The female protagonist, Cassie, is psychic. Ever since she was a small child, she gets flashes of things that will happen in the future, to herself or to people around her. She works for a magazine in Dublin, where she has an advice column, and she has a tight circle of friends. Cassie, or Cassandra, has never been really, really in love, or that is at least the catchphrase she tends to use when she b ...more
Picked this up to read because I liked the cover (I do this often). This was a cute and fun story. Cassie is a psychic and not the gazing into crystal ball type. She gets flashes of information. She uses her gift to write a column for a magazine where she answers reader’s questions. Cassie’s a huge procrastinator and always puts everything to the last minute, especially her work. Cassie’s best friend Charlene happens to be spoiled and rich (really her dad has money). Charlene gets Cassie a job o ...more
Jennifer Jowsey
2.5 stars. i liked the main character, cassie. and the psychic flashes in the book and how she helped people (and the energy cleaning scene was very well done!). but her friends were contrived stereotypes - the snobby rich girl, the uber-pc feminist, and the gay gym instructor. in real life, i can't see any of them actually being friends, as they were all too extreme in their cliched roles. overall it's a nice story of friendship and love and ultimately happiness, but it wasn't very riveting and ...more
Rehab
4.5 ☆☆☆☆

I bought this book and started reading right away, yet it took ages to finish ...
but that was because I was stuck studying , not because I didn't like the story, as I actually loved it.

It was sweet, funny and really well-written.
I also loved the Tarot cards at the begining of each chapter, their significance and linkage to the story's events.
loved the ending style as well.

It would make a perfect chick-flick movie, and God knows I love those.

This was my first read of Claudia Carroll's nov
Margaret
Cass has had a psychic gift since she was little. Now, she gets paid to use that gift as a successful columnist for a weekly magazine, answering letters from the many people who seek her psychic wisdom. She has an astounding success rate at predicting the future and is now being approached by the television execs of Breakfast Club as a featured guest, accepting calls from at home audiences. Only thing is, she freezes up whenever Jack, the gorgeous hot producer is around. Yep...she freezes. Is th ...more
Kristi Lewis
This was a great book, very funny and Quirky. I just finished it, and enjoyed it very much. I loved the each chapter beginning with the Tarot cards. They always scared me, being like black magic, scary stuff, but I liked how Claudia played them into the story. Loved the characters and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I read this book is being adapted into a movie. I think this would be a really great movie. I will be watching for it! I want to read Claudia's other books now.
Katie
Kel Sta
Is it my selective bias, or is there a trend for this sort of writing from Irish women? It's fun, it's engaging and readily readable (I read this one in a day), and it seems to be prolific in the marketplace at present. Claudia Carroll falls short of Marian Keyes and Cecilia Ahern here, but the book is in that vein, full of mouthy women with lively friends who manage to get together frequently for sparkling banter and excessive alcohol or caffeine. Carroll undermined the authenticity of her psyc ...more
Cecilia (rather barefoot than bookless)
I love this book, it is a wonderful book mostly about friendship and of course some love for good measure. The story is great, amusing and just plain funny. You´ll get a few laughs trust me. This book is written with a high dose of humor. And you just fall in love with the character Cassandra! She is adorable. She is funny, psychic and extremely unorganized and it somehow work for her because it makes her adorable even though a bit annoying I am sure for the people around her. She leave everyth ...more
Marjorie
Given To Me For An Honest Review

This is a real cute, quirky book about friendship and love. Cassandra has a psychic gift but whenever she is around television producer, Jack her psychic ability is gone. This book will keep you smiling, laughing and turning the pages. It is a real fun book to read and I recommend it to everyone. It'll make you see life and love a bit differently.
The BookWhisperer
I Never Fancied Him Anyway is a very cute and uplifiting love story. Cassie is a very lovable character that always has the best at heart. As a very outgoing person is consistently trying to help everyone around her, but at a loss when it comes to herself. Chick Lit has never been my style, but I found this be an enjoyable read. The characters are likeable and quirky. A opportunity for you at the cost of someone elses happiness is a hard decision to make. Even if you are risking your own happine ...more
Keilani Ludlow
A lot of laugh out loud moments. Honestly, the main character is a bit of a loser, well I'd sure think so if I was her employer anyway, but she's likeable as well.

Some random F bombs, and of course, the gay best bud and his ongoing contributions to the "I wish..." dating scene comments, in addition to a few other minor gay characters.

Not big on swearing or gay characters.

No sex scenes, yay!

Funny. Despite the stuff I disliked, I did like enough that I'll be reading her other book. Also, I love t
Katie/Doing Dewey
After reading the rather depressing classic, The House of Mirth, I needed something light and I Never Fancied Him Anyway was just the thing. Set in Dublin, I Never Fancied Him Anyway follows Cassandra as she tries to avoid falling for her best friend’s crush although her never-before-wrong psychic abilities tell her he’s the one. Complicating matters, she is offered a position as a talk show psychic working for her crush. This situation is made even more awkward when Cassandra realizes that her ...more
Traci Rai
Everyone in this book is a thin caricature and the heroine is a moron. The author assumes we're also morons and explains every joke and inside story every time she says it, which is approximately every other paragraph. I don't quite know why I finished this, I think it's only because I wanted the bitch character to get her comeuppance at the end... She doesn't, and I regret ever picking this book up.
Andrea
Nice girly book with lovable characters, especially Cassandra, Mark with a C and the others in the group. I liked the fact that the main character was a psychic and that she could see the dead and communicate with them made it interesting. I didn't care much for the 'Tipsy Queen', i found her attitude and look on life as pretty sad. But did like that she was a good friend to the other girls. Also didn't like the fact that Cassandra was always saying 'hmmmm' or 'ermmm'. Nearly every sentence she ...more
Patricia Pettingill
A fun light read. Did drag out a bit but a funny story. Has some swearing in it.
Joy
If you can imagine a cute paranormal romance, this is it. I enjoyed it.
Claudia Koch
Einem geschenkten Gaul... Nur fertig gelesen weil ich krank im Bett liege.
Euriclea
Leggendo la trama nel retro della copertina, ho subito deciso di comprarlo affascinata dalle storie romantiche con un pizzico di fantasia e magia.
Peccato che in questo caso la trama non sia poi così ben riuscita.
E' scritto in maniera sicuramente fluente ma a tratti decisamente troppo semplice, tanto da non riuscire ad accattivarti. La storia è piuttosto insipida e i personaggi sono poco dettagliati, per non parlare del finale che è decisamente inconcludente e troppo sbrigativo.
Forse lo consiglie
Letitia
Fun book, with a different storyline. Enjoyed it.
Issa
This type of story is usually right up my alley. I enjoy chick-lit and throwing in a little supernatural element is a nice bonus. Unfortunately, I could not get into this book. I think it was the writing style. It felt so choppy and while I would normally finish a book of this size super fast I couldn't sit with it for any extended amount of time. I made myself finish it because I was hoping it would get better, but I didn't get much out of it.
Amanda
Second time reading this one. I had a bit of a problem with the main characters speech pattern/ dialogue. much erming and ehing.
however Claudia Carroll writes of beautiful friendships that could compare to Nora Roberts.
I was a bit anxious to finish, but only because of other books stacked on the nightstand just waiting to be cracked open.
Joanne Quintas
Oh well, the paperback copy of this book has been sitting on my shelf for I don't know how long (and i'm really sorry). Anyways, the novel was fun, engaging, and well written. So many things had happened, which (a) made it interesting. and (b) the more I flip the pages, the more I get curious on what's going to happen next. It's very light, that I didn't end up crying. But the wisdom I got, which were more on friendship side, was really moving.
Alex
This was not as good as Claudia Carroll's first book, but it was still pretty entertaining.

I didn't like Cassie and her friends nearly as much as I liked Amelia and HER friends, which caused my enjoyment to go down quite a bit. Charlene was an awful character, and I still don't understand why Cassie and Jo stayed friends with her.

Overall though, this was cute and fun, and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Chanpreet
I loved how easy this book was to read. Cassandra is definitely not what I picture in my head whenever I hear the term seer or psychic. And I loved how she was worried about the feelings of her friends and the people who called or wrote in with their problems. There were parts of the book that brought tears to my eyes and others where I wanted to laugh out loud or hot someone on the back of their head for missing the obvious.
Kourtney
I loved this story! I cannot say enough to give this book justice except READ IT! It was funny, engaging, and I got a bit teary-eyed during one scene that involved the great beyond. This book made me feel every emotion I could think of, including happiness, sadness, anger, jealousy - I laughed, I cried, I had a good time and couldn't put the book down. I can't wait to find other books by Carroll!
Lemonitsa
I hated Charlene! She was probably one of the most annoying characters I have ever read about. Truth is I would have told her off and dropped her as a friend years and years ago.

Other than that, this was a fun read that made me smile in a places because it was cute. Some of the incidents seemed over the top but that is a common theme in this genre so I will let it pass :)
Carroll
A lighthearted chick book about a psychic in Ireland and how her powers affect her life. Cassandra answers letters for a magazine and scores a job on TV answering questions using her psychic abilities. She also is involved with trying to figure out the love lives of herself and her close band of friends. The book was a very easy read and Cassandra is a very likable character.
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • The Book of Jane
  • Accidental It Girl
  • The Best Day of Someone Else's Life
  • Moonshine
  • Daddy's Girls
  • The Personal Shopper (Annie Valentine, #1)
  • The Go-To Girl
  • Fashionistas
  • The Baby Trail
Claudia was born in Dublin and is a graduate of UCD, the College of Music and of the Gaiety School of Acting. Since then she has worked extensively as an actress on the Irish stage, but is probably best known for her role as TV’s Nicola Prendergast in the long running Dublin soap opera, ‘Fair City.’
More about Claudia Carroll...
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? Personally I Blame My Fairy Godmother A Very Accidental Love Story Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back