Andy Warhol Portraits

Andy Warhol Portraits

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This book grew out of an exhibition that was organized by the Tony Shafrazi Gallery, New York, in 2005. With the show, Shafrazi paid homage to a seminal display of Warhol's portraits that took place at the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, in 1979-80. Titled "Andy Warhol: Portraits of the 1970s," the Whitney exhibition presented for the first time a large array of...more
Published March 7th 2009 by Phaidon Press (first published March 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Andy Warhol Portraits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Andy Warhol Portraits

Art
Many pages cut out from my library copy cause people just can't help themselves. Still great.
Elaine D
May 17, 2011 Elaine D rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: art lovers, modern artists, contemporary pop art lovers
Recommended to Elaine by: N/A
Andy Warhol fascinates me. I think that some of his work is so raw and is very controversial but I think a lot can be learned from his photographic style. It's also nice to point out to people that he was more than just screen printing!
Avis Black
Warhol's most iconographic portraits all come from others peoples' photographs. His worst come from his own photos. In other words, he's unremarkable unless he has someone else's art to pilfer.
Gregory Broderick
A well put together look at his work from a man who dominated the gallery scene and launched many of the artists Americans know today
Diane
Feb 18, 2011 Diane rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I am fascinated by Mr. Warhol's techniques and this book gives a nice glimpse into them.

Noura
A stunning collection of portraits. I'm officially in love.
Jono
awesome 70s & 80s-ness!
Style Dezert
Style Dezert marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Marisol
Marisol marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Andrea Bolland
Andrea Bolland marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Knis Ozymandias
Knis Ozymandias marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Sofie
Sofie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Amanda Martin
Amanda Martin marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Brian Appel
Brian Appel marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Dennis Hopper: Photographs, 1961-1967 Dennis Hopper (Artist Proof) Dennis Hopper, an American Legend: Photographs from the 1960s Dennis Hopper - Art Edition (Artist Proof)