Start by marking “Desire Climax, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Desire Climax, Vol. 1

Desire Climax, Vol. 1 (Desire Climax #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,917 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Omori Mio is 17 years old. To help out her desperately poor family, she takes on a part-time job. Then, one night, a boy snatches a kiss from her and offers her money, saying, "I'll buy you." Who is the boy who stole Mio's first kiss...!?
Published 2005 by Shueisha

To ask other readers questions about Desire Climax, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire Climax, Vol. 1

Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaParadise Kiss, Volume 1 by Ai YazawaNodame Cantabile, Vol. 1 by Tomoko NinomiyaMidnight Secretary, Vol. 01 by Tomu OhmiHoney and Clover, Vol. 1 by Chica Umino
Best Josei - Manga
16th out of 116 books — 290 voters
Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
157th out of 595 books — 1,251 voters

More lists with this book...

Usagi Tsukino
I can sum up my disgust in four words; Rape.Is.Not.Love.

Reasons why this isn't something you should be finding romantic:
1. It's not romantic when the leading man consistently tries to rape and own the main character.
2. It's not okay for the main character's brother - they grew up together as siblings their entire lives, they're still family - tries to rape her, and own her.
3. It's not okay when the gardener suddenly tries to rape her.
4. It's not okay that she's completely fine with all these m
Gulen
İlk yorumum biraz kısaydı uzatayım dedim.

Manga/Manhwa ya da Kdrama/dramalarda kız fakirse erkek zenginse erkek ona her istediğini yapar,buna cinsel taciz, sözlü saldırı, aşağılama, ailesini aşağılama vb. de dahildir, kızın ailesi de buna çanak tutar hatta destekler hehheh çünkü aslında erkek kızı seviyordur ve kız mazoşist ya buna katlanmalıdır konulu bir tür var ya; işte bu da onlardan. İnsanın okumayı içi kaldırmıyor ama bir şekilde bitiriyorsun geçmişi öğrenmek için, ortada bir gizem var o n
Angélica
Nope. I don't like the "it's not rape if you like it" and the "I own you so it's okay for me to rape you" and the Borderline Rape is Love themes. I do not like the extremely rude, aggressive, obsessive, and sexually-harassing type of male lead.
Don't bother with this series. I gave this volume a rather high rating, but by the end I only finished it out of pity.

It started with a typical story: Boy & Girl knew each other in preschool... and they made some sort of promise (usually to marry each other) when they were older... Only one of them doesn't remember... Typical!

But, I actually thought it was handled well (apart from the attempted rape). Definitely grittier than most. And there was an actual reason for the forgetfulness, rather
Oyshi
Bleh. Didn't like it (and it's not because of the erotica in the book). I didn't like any of the characters, it was pretty cliche, and just....bleh. I didn't consider any of it "romantic" at all. The only good quality is the artwork, but nothing else.
Sara
Eh, it was okay. I wouldn't read it again.
Lara Marqueses
I read the series a few year ago and I just remember how this manga leave a huge impact on me. It somehow features unconventional relationships and a lot of SPG scenes that made me curious. Although the huge pot twist at the latter part of the manga really got me.

And I just hate the way the synopsis of this manga is written. Its like a rich powerful guy stole a kiss from a random poor girl then said that he will buy her then the girl will get revenge cliche? Lol. That got me fooled. But no. Thi
Michelle. D.
Theresa ♫
Aug 06, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fellow humans who can withstand the massive awkwardness of this book.
This book . . . this . . . this book was so . . . INTERESTING.

You know. If you don't mind icky erroticness. (Which I do.)

FIRST OF ALL, yeah, this story does seem like the kind of story where the lead guy kidnaps the lead girl and does scary things to her, but the story (well--I've only read up to volume 2) is pretty romantic. Don't judge it just by volume one yet!

Jeez, what a beginning to a story. -_- I wanted to drop the story because of how much it

TOTALLY CREEPED ME OUT!

But I...was curious. I
Katherine Petersdorf
I really loved Desire Climax, the manga series, but I wouldn’t suggest it to any of the following type of people: Extreme Feminists, The Faint of Heart, People Who Don’t Have Slave Fantasy/Fetish, People who Hated 50 Shades of Grey, and People under the age of 18.

Desire Climax is a soap opera like series, with a huge, ever growing, list of problems that are very day-time drama styled. It is filled with passion, hate, mysterious pasts, missing memories, ownership, prostitution, and violence.

As t
N.M. Martinez
I never bother with rating things a one star, but I have to. This is definitely the type of manga a person can pick up and read through the while thing all the while completely disliking it. I read it because I couldn't believe it.

It's not bad like horrible- I mean, I read it. If it were horrible and offensive, I would have put it down. But it is bad in that every young male wants to own the main female. I give the lead female some points because she is strong, slapping some sense into men and r
Starbubbles
Reading this was like watching a slow, overly dramatic trainwreck happen to your own car. It hinged between being okay and utterly terrible. It's not like this story hasn't been done, to death, and yet I couldn't look away. I just had to know what will happen next, even though my mouth remained agape from sheer displeasure.

Bad call Goodreads Recommends. Terrible, terrible call.
Sevimli Hırsız
Çok sabırlı insanım. Daha ilk ciltten şutlamamak için 5. cilde kadar okudum ama nafile. Bir halt yok içinde. Çocuk tam bir abaza ! Kız ise salak saftirik bir hafıza kaybı gazisi. Çocuğun parası kızı uşağı hatta pinpon topu yapmasına yetiyor. Kız ise her halta ağlayıp duruyor. Yani 5. cilde kadar okuma sebebimde geçmişlerinde neydiler ne çıkacaklardı onu görmek ona bile değmedi. U_U
Diana Directo
Crappy story of a jerk and a pitiful girl.
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
WARNING: YOU WILL NOT LIKE OR CARE FOR OR APPRECIATE MY LANGUAGE, AGGRESSION, OR SLANDERING OF MANGAS AND ANIMES, THIS ONE SPECIFICALLY, SO I SUGGEST YOU BEEP OFF AND DON'T READ THIS. XOXOXO

3.?? Despite how much I BEEPing hate this manga, hate it hate it hate it, I am still attached to it.

SIGHHHHH This manga is some messed up BEEP. What's up with mangas and animes? This is why I lost my appeal for them.. yelch. Only thing for me is my yaoi; the rest = too complicated/messed up/BEEP me the BEEP
Zoe Tribley
Not wanting to review ALL OF THE BOOKS in this manga

Imma just go ahead and review the last one as like a review summarizing the series as a whole-- and then copy it onto the other novels of said series.

well here. we go..

This series... was definitely the odd one out...

The story revolves around 17 year old Omori Mio who lives a life of poverty with her little brother and she works hard to take care of him and their mother who resides in the hospital. And things are hard. But Omori was never prepa
Joti
Neha
Mar 23, 2013 Neha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This is definitely an odd series to say the least. Desire Complex reminds me very much of Hot Gimmick in many respects. So if you were a fan of that series you might find interest in this one.

I just want to make it clear that there are no rape scenes in this series. There are moments of forced kissing, but no rape. All in all I would say Desire Complex is more dark erotica than anything else.

This is my review for the entire series, not just this volume. It's a very mature story. The plot starts
Mazohyst
For some reason, I was expecting something much more kinkier, like Athena suggested. It was an incredibly cliched plot though, something else I did not expect. Amnesia, childhood friends, dying relatives, jerk turned lover, kidnapping, sex slaves, etc. I just can't take it seriously. It's all silly. The characters are silly as well. Why doesn't the main character go to the police? All the things the male character does is a form of harassment, not to mention disgusting. Although I understand a l ...more
Ro
Mar 11, 2014 Ro rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Did he seriously try to make her memories of her childhood trauma come back by RAPING her?

I just... ugh...

Ella
Wow.. just wow. A lot has happened to Mio-chan.
Lucille
Um, whoa.
Natty
everyone is grilling this book for being so bad but I decided to give it a shot and read it and I wasn't to interested in the first one it got creepy and just for the sake of curiosity I'm going to read the second one and see if it gets better.
Sonya Riley
This manga starts out okay, albeit a little forceful. However, it is smut so one must presume the tenants that follow that genre in Japanese fiction. If you look past that there are some interesting aspects of culture and psychology that play into the manga, but by the last half of the manga those have all but vanished. Okay for smut, but don't expect much more.
Keri (JD)
This book has a mixture of BDSM/Abuse/poor vs. rich relationship concepts in it. I think if someone had major rape/sexual abuse triggers this book would trigger it. That aside, the art is decent and for people who love power struggle mange this is a must.
Faye
Just finished the first vol, the manga was not that bad, and it it listed for manga written for girls (I wonder what that means? I dunno, just a little bit confused but probably it's more because I'm sleep deprived. LOL)
Athena
A book not as kinky as the name suggests, but having many twists and turns with family, non family, espionage, kidnapping....this was a pretty good series...
Kayla
Jun 08, 2009 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I loved this series it was very humorous and very romantic at times. And the mysterious plot keeps you hooked to the story and the characters.
Josiane Claremont
((Please note, this was previously rated with ONE STAR by me. but then I re-read it, and it became so much better.))
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • Bitter Virgin 1 (Bitter Virgin #1)
  • Butterflies, Flowers (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Punch!, Vol. 1 (Punch!, #1)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 04 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #4)
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
2902079

Aya Sakyo
Aya Sakyou

Name (in native language) : 右京あやね

Blood Type : AB

Aya Sakyo is her pen name for her BL/Yaoi manga.

Likes : manga, travel, cats, sleep, pachinko

Dislikes : shiitake, konyaku, useless voice-command cat remotes

Hobby : collecting stones

Favourite Food : Sour food

Favourite Colour : Orange

Favourite Music : B'z, Sugashikao, V6

Favourite Manga : Itazura na Ki
More about Ayane Ukyou...

Desire Climax (7 books)
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 2
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 3
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 4
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 5
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 6
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 7
Desire Climax, Vol. 3 Desire Climax, Vol. 2 Desire Climax, Vol. 7 Desire Climax, Vol. 6 Desire Climax, Vol. 5