Start by marking “Goodnight Nola: An Endearing Bedtime Book for All Ages” as Want to Read:
Goodnight Nola: An Endearing Bedtime Book for All Ages

Goodnight Nola: An Endearing Bedtime Book for All Ages

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"Goodnight NOLA" is a lovable tribute to things unique to New Orleans. People of all ages will enjoy this rhythmic salute to red beans and rice, po'boys, celebrated chefs, music, historic landmarks, the sporting scene and many other features of the Crescent City. An excellent introduction for young children and a wonderful souvenir.
Published March 1st 2009 by Ampersand, Inc. (first published January 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight Nola, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight Nola

Heather Ledet

"Goodnight red beans, goodnight rice, good night pralines and Zatarain's spice..."
A fun take on Goodnight Moon that will make anyone nostalgic for The Big Easy. With references to po boys, Emeril Lagasse and the Saints, it's a delightfully illustrated book to send your child to sleep with. I especially love it because my daughter's name is Nola, so we read this book a LOT!
Rachel Swords
Forget "Goodnight Moon;" if I ever have kids someday, this is the "Goodnight" book I'm gonna read to them. It's such a cute story, packed with all the unique aspects that make New Orleans and the surrounding area great. The illustrations are nice and colorful too.
Michelle
May 28, 2010 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of New Orleans, young children under 6
Recommended to Michelle by: Owner of Maple Street Book Shop
I bought this for my young cousin and he (and his parents) loved it. It's an excellent twist on Goodnight Moon for anyone who has ever visited and enjoyed New Orleans - or anyone who hopes to one day. "Goodnight red beans, good night rice...good night Zatarain's spice"
Lovely poetic wishes goodnight to things that make New Orleans unique. "Good night red beans, good night rice..."
Jeannie Nguyen
I absolutely have to put this on my shelf! I love it so much. Love Louisiana
Maria
Local favorite children's book in New Orleans and surrounding areas.
Camille Diemont
Camille Diemont marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Kristi
Kristi added it
Dec 22, 2014
Aislynn Purkiss soave
Aislynn Purkiss soave marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
One Dat, Two Dat, Are You a Who Dat? Happy JazzFest: A Story for All Ages about the Greatest Festival in the World The Little January Man (Le Petit Bonhomme Janvier) The Amazing Adventure of Mardi Gras Bead Dog