Start by marking “Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels” as Want to Read:
Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels

Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,052 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Do angels really exist? Can we call upon them when we need them? What do they look like? Why are they here? With more than 60 years experience as a psychic - 20 of which have been spent studying angels - the author answers these and other often-asked questions.
Published April 1st 2004 by Hay House (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sylvia Browne's Book of Angels

Nathan
Jul 25, 2011 Nathan added it
Let me lay my bias plainly on the table: As a Christian, I knew I would have a hard time with this book, but while in my current study of angels, I'm attempting to give an unChristian perspective a fair shake.

"Religion down here [on earth]," writes Browne, "is a matter of personal preference, whatever road you choose to travel. If you feel that your path of choice is right, then it's right for you."

Browne opens each chapter with a quote from the Bible, the Koran, or the Bab. She says she gets he
Michelle
Oct 26, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual-books
I learned so much about my Angels and how to connect with them. I know my Angels are always watching me and have helped me so many times.
Linda
Mar 10, 2009 Linda rated it it was amazing
Good for healing Meditations, loved this book a must read. I told Dane to bring me a Hawiian angel for my collection which I am staring.
Send me angels!
Candace
Feb 27, 2011 Candace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sylvia-brown
I really loved this book. I found it so interesting to hear all the stories and to find out about the different types of angels and what their purpose is. Wonderful book.
Frances
Aug 08, 2008 Frances rated it really liked it
Keep an open mind
Virginia  Dias
Oct 17, 2016 Virginia Dias rated it it was amazing
Love the way Sylvia used to write, as if she was talking to the reader!
I love this uncomplicated way of communicating a subject that is not accessible to all.
Heather
Jul 21, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
I was born and raised Catholic so angels have always been a part of my belief system.

I found it very interesting to learn about the different tiers of angels and how they can help us in our daily lives. Much of what the late Sylvia Browne has spoken of resonates with my own personal beliefs.

After reading this book I have found myself meditating and reaching out to the different phylum of angels and asking for their help with a problem of my own or with a loved ones. I actually found a lot of co
Susan Deeter Murphy
Simple . Clear Explanation of a complex topic makes fascinating reading.

Sylvia's descriptions of the world of angelic beings makes a valiant attempt to unravel many of the commonly misunderstand .confusing ideas about angels. I can appreciate the struggle she went through trying to balance
Commonly held ideas with the detailed descriptions given here . Having studied the Nature of the Other Side
I encountered a few stumbling blocks. I have my own mental images that do not always mesh with hers. B
Kat
May 18, 2014 Kat rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
I liked this book. It really teaches you a lot on Sylvia Browne's perspective of angels and the distinction between the different phylums. It also includes angel meditations and stories of angel encounters. I really like how the author says believe what you want at the beginning of her books because it made it easier for me to take some of her claims with a grain of salt or call total BS but still learn from other claims that sounded good to me
pamela harrington
Stories

I love reading other accounts of angels other people have seen. There are many stories and accounts of things that has happened on why they have seen them. The stories are very interesting. I believe in angels since I too have had 3 stories of my own on seeing angels . It's nice too know so many other's see them to.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Feb 05, 2012 Elizabeth Noah Astle rated it really liked it
I have to admit that I found this book interesting. It talks about angels like the cover says. Ms. Browne describes various 'phylums' or types of angels. It explains what each group of angel main duty is.

This book also includes some letters from people that have had encounters with an angel(s). At the end of each chapter she includes a meditation for what you are looking for.
Tarsa Podunavac
Jul 05, 2014 Tarsa Podunavac rated it liked it
I think the angel stories are fabulous, especially the ones written to her by other people. Some of the religious concepts, however, I'm not sure about. I've never heard some of the topics that she spoke about, though I found it interesting. Also, not certain about how she could be definite about knowing the phylum of angels. Still a good and interesting read.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychic-medium
Loved reading about the different types of Angels and the roles they play here and on the Other Side. And their sheer numbers alone can astound you. So happy to know that you can send them on to others when you want to share the love!
Stephanie
May 11, 2011 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I find Browne very interesting. Some of her stuff resonates with me, some doesn't. But I find she's certainly worth reading. I never thought of angels being organized into phyla before. Makes sense to me.
Barb Wild
Feb 12, 2015 Barb Wild rated it really liked it
Very interesting reading. I believe in all thas Sylvia can say and do. Some people don't want to read stories about others recollections but I do. Not too long, Encourage you to read all of her books. Straight forward and to the point.
Bonnie Szuma
Sep 26, 2012 Bonnie Szuma rated it really liked it
Just finished reading another of Sylvia's inspiring books. This read truly confirmed much of what I already knew...However, the opportunity to realize others experiences made it truly heart warming and comforting. I highly recommend this book.
Liisa
Nov 03, 2008 Liisa rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Liisa by: Mum
I've always been fascinated with and by Angels so I wasn't surprised to find I had gravitated towards this book by Sylvia Browne.

I could not put it down! I loved reading about the Angels and her perspective. A must for anyone interested in Angels or interested in this mystical.
Dolly
Apr 26, 2013 Dolly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. I left me feeling hopeful that God provided something to help us survive all the evil and turmoil of this world. As a nurse, I constantly as God to send help for patients, families, and coworkers. Nice reference book on the phyla of angles. Lots of peoples experiences.
Laurie
Aug 30, 2016 Laurie rated it liked it
Am just beginning my angel journey...not sure if I appreciate such a human classification of the angelic realm. May need to re-read at a later date
Kerrie Waters
Dec 20, 2010 Kerrie Waters rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
The stories from people all over the world are amazing. I actually re-read this book because I enjoyed it so much.
Jessica
Sep 11, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This book was great love love love it. I found some interesting suggestions of angels in my own life while reading it.....
Abigayl L Spencer
Informative

Everything I was looking for and more. it was informative and detailed and it kept me coming back to read it. it was not dark or scary.
Sarah Schmitt
Oct 10, 2010 Sarah Schmitt rated it liked it
Shelves: other
This boook really has some depth behind it. I personaly beleave in SOME od the things in this book, it's all up to think.
Oct 09, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
A great reference book describing the 10 phylum of angels. It was a very eye-opening book for me. I like the way Ms. Browne writes so that all of the masses can understand.
Charline Norton
Charline Norton rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Miranda
Miranda rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2008
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Derek-Vicki Frank
Derek-Vicki Frank rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Trista Bauer
Trista Bauer rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
  • My Life With Sylvia Browne
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Crossing Over
  • Top of My Lungs
  • A Still, Small Voice: A Psychic's Guide to Awakening Intuition
  • Appetites: On the Search for True Nourishment
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
Sylvia Browne was a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and made countless other media and public appearances. She was the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus.
More about Sylvia Browne...

“You see, darkness can’t live where music resounds. Darkness can’t live where the power of God abounds. Darkness can’t sustain itself. So, use the following meditation anytime you want to surround yourself with angels, and particularly if you’re in need of healing.” 2 likes