Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!: The Best of "Not My Job"

Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!: The Best of "Not My Job"

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! is NPR’s weekly hour-long quiz program. Each week on the radio listeners test their knowledge against a panel of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world: Adam Felber; Roy Blount, Jr.; Paula Poundstone; Mo Rocca; Roxanne Roberts; Charlie Pierce; and others.

This two-disk set features highlights from the popular “Not My Job” segm...more
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published January 5th 2007 by HighBridge Company (first published October 4th 2002)

Dale
If you have not discovered NPR's weekly radio show Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! , then I pity you. This clever show is truly one of the funniest shows on radio or television or just about anywhere. This collection has 12 of the best visits from celebrity visits from 2001-2006.

Most of these are funny or at least interesting. Then Senator Barack Obama starts off the collection with possibly the funniest visit of the bunch (and I am not a fan of Mr. Obama, but funny is funny). Tom Hanks ( Saving Priv...more
Jeph
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! is an ongoing news quiz done through NPR with host Peter Sagal and a mixed panel of pundits and comics, like Paula Poundstone and Tom Bodat.

The Best of Not My Job is a two-disc CD containing bite-sized 10 minute segments with A-list celebrities, politicians and NPR hosts.

Contains:

Janeane Garofalo
Brian Williams
Ken Jennings
Sarah Silverman
Tom Hanks
Tom and Ray Magliozza (of NPR Car Talk)
Barack Obama
Terry Gross (of NPR's Fresh Air)
Mjr. Robert Bateman
Lee Smith
Harold Ramis
P...more
Amy
OMG. This is so fun. Especially because Barack Obama is the first guest. Anyone who doubts if he has a sense of humor should hear it. Oh, and did I tell you about the time back in 2005 when he spoke to me for about 45 minutes, and I felt like he should for sure be president? I called Jake right afterward and gleefully exclaimed Barack for President!! (seriously!).

Well, it's true. And I'm sure the other 9,999 people in the room at the American Library Association conference thought so too.
Betsy
Jan 28, 2008 Betsy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
I love this radio program! This cd features some hilarious takes with the following guests- Barack Obama, Janeane Garofalo, Sarah Silverman, and more. There are also some not so hilarious segments with less funny guests that can easily be skipped.
Michelle
I love this show but rarely catch it so I was very pleased to find the audiobook version at the library. 2 CDs of hilarious antics and answers from then Senator Barack Obama, Janeane Garofalo, Brian Williams and Tom Hanks.
babyhippoface
Hmmm. I was unaware that audio CDs were on goodreads. I'm not talking audiobooks, here. This contains excerpts from my favorite podcast of all-time, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!
Julie
Perfect listen for a road trip with a group of friends. Extremely funny!
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Elisabeth
Elisabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Seana
Seana added it
Jan 19, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Glenn
Glenn added it
Jan 26, 2012
Ali-ef
Ali-ef added it
Mar 14, 2012
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2011
Juliana
Juliana marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2011
Pedro
Pedro marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2011
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2010
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2010
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
This Is NPR: The First Forty Years NPR Funniest Driveway Moments: Radio Stories That Won't Let You Go NPR Laughter Therapy: A Comedy Collection for the Chronically Serious NPR Driveway Moments Moms: Radio Stories That Won't Let You Go NPR: The First Forty Years