Start by marking “Hiking North Carolina's Blue Ridge Heritage” as Want to Read:
Hiking North Carolina's Blue Ridge Heritage

Hiking North Carolina's Blue Ridge Heritage

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Most hikers know that western North Carolina is a superb hiking destination. In her second hiking guidebook, Danny Bernstein covers 66 of the best hikes in the North Carolina Blue Ridge, woven through with historical anecdotes to deepen a hiker's understanding of the region. From Stone Mountain's roots of moonshining and NASCAR to the mystery of Rumbling Bald, used as the ...more
Published March 16th 2009 by Milestone Press (NC)

To ask other readers questions about Hiking North Carolina's Blue Ridge Heritage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hiking North Carolina's Blue Ridge Heritage

Aug 05, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
I've looked at this book from cover to cover so many times -- it's a great resource for hikes in WNC. Bernstein gives precise directions and cultural context. She also varies the level of difficulty; hikes range from pleasant strolls to serious all day treks. Highly recommended for local hiking.
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2009
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
M Cotterman
M Cotterman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
Dan
Dan added it
Aug 08, 2011
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
I'm on a mission to get people out of their cars and hiking.

I'm a hiker, hike leader and outdoor writer. I've completed the Appalachian Trail, all the trails in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the South beyond 6000, and the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. I lead day hikes for several regional outdoor organizations.

I've written two hiking guides, Hiking the Carolina Mountains (2007) and Hiking North C
More about Danny Bernstein...