Start by marking “Switch Girl!!, Tome 1” as Want to Read:
Switch Girl!!, Tome 1

Switch Girl!!, Tome 1 (Switch Girl!! #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  439 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Nika mène une double vie, entre son mode “ON” charismatique et populaire et son mode “OFF” vulgaire et débraillé qu’elle cache à ses copains du lycée. Malheureusement, Arata, un nouvel élève plein de mystères, a découvert son secret ! Mais Arata aussi a des choses à cacher, dont le fait qu’il est très mignon sous ses lunettes. Arata et Nika concluent donc un pacte…
Published April 4th 2008 by Delcourt (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Switch Girl!!, Tome 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch Girl!!, Tome 1

Sandra Girard-Demontigny
Dec 14, 2015 Sandra Girard-Demontigny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own-read
I really loved this manga. I loved the character of Nika. A girl who is very simplistic when she's at home and trying to be perfect when she goes to school. I can't wait to read the second one. I think I 'm going to get me a Christmas present and buy the second book.
Feb 22, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
Terrible copia de Kare Kano, esta el diseño de personajes es igual. De todas formas le quise dar una chance, quizás lograba un ángulo nuevo e interesante. No está tan mal, pero se me hizo muy tonto todo.
Hikaoru
I do not understand the main character. It's not that she is super duper ugly. She's pretty but simply unladylike....
I think I'm interested in how she'll accept herself and at least act a bit decent.. Oooh, and also would love to see more about the guy.
Paty
Apr 23, 2015 Paty rated it really liked it
Es el primer manga que leo en mi vida y me está gustando mucho, es muy divertido.
Julie K.
Dec 04, 2016 Julie K. rated it it was amazing
Très chouette premier tome! C'est vraiment drôle et j'aime beaucoup Nika, l'héroïne. Je pense qu'on a un peu toute un côté "off" auquel on parvient très facilement à s'identifier. On verra ce que les prochains tomes nous réservent mais pour l'instant, j'adhère!
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
This is great!!! You know the first time I looked at this, I was put off by the "off" version of Nika, but I guess it just got better, much, much better. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I also think it's funny - hilariously funny, and I love Nika and Arata. I love how strong their bond is eventually. I feel it's a little familiar to Maid Sama!, Volume 1, but not the same, and though Misaki is tough, Nika is tougher! I really loved this!

The Plot
Tamiya Nika is a beautiful, outgoing, popular hig
Mélissandre L.
Sep 13, 2016 Mélissandre L. added it
Shelves: mangas
Fun but I didn't manage to go beyond the 8th book, the main character stopped being the funny switch girl. Still the first ones are hilarious.
Katia
May 02, 2013 Katia rated it liked it
J’ai bien aimé découvrir cette histoire, qui est très légère, drôle et assez dynamique. Nika est une jeune fille attachante, et sans pour autant m’identifier à elle, je l’ai appréciée.

Elle est un cliché vivant, mais son personnage est bien sûr basé sur un fait avéré, qui est que les gens sont différents en public et en privé. Ici l’auteur nous annonce qu’elle a placé beaucoup de sa personnalité en Nika.

Notre héroïne fait attention à son apparence en public, où elle est belle et bien élevée, ce q
Yue
Despite some silly moments, and over-cliched scenes, I liked this manga, especially when Nika is on her 'off' self. She is not very feminine, and has the most silliest thoughts! Like when Arata was in her room and sat on her bed. Or when she was looking herself in the mirror, just to see how would she look like at the moment of kiss or of sex. Even the way she looks like in her 'off self' is funny.

Arata is just MEH for now. Not too much development on his personality so far. The art is very shou
Mikaela
Jan 22, 2015 Mikaela rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I think it's an interesting manga. Nika is just unladylike when she's on her OFF mode. I mean come on. You gotta admit... when you're at home or anywhere near the house, you don't really care about your image. You dont care if you look sloppy and act so lazy and immature. Because we dont care about what your neighbors or family will think of you. In school, you have to try to fit in with the cool kids and sh!t. Just so they could accept you as friends or so they wont make fun of you. So i think ...more
Mizujin
Feb 15, 2012 Mizujin rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Two-faced, huh? We are all Machiavelli in our own way. :)

Yes, finished until Chapter 35 of Volume 6 of this crazy, wonderful manga by Natsumi Aida-sensei.
I'm liking everything so far and aside from "Wallflower", this is the only manga which made my stomach painful because of so much laughing. So much comedy from the character Nika and of course how lovable of a boyfriend Arata is since he looks beyond the appearance of a person.

Overall, the manga re-evaluates our point of view of what is ideal
Lysiane
May 24, 2015 Lysiane rated it really liked it
I finally decided to start reading it after hearing so much about it and if I was a bit scared it would be a stupid shojo I was surprised! It's actually really funny and enjoyable, it's often easy to relate with Nika and for once the story is not boring through the volumes. Things evolve quick, you don't have to wait volume 22 for something to happen or for the character to bond or realize that omg they were meant to be all along! It's easy to read, funny and very entertaining! Love it!
kimyunalesca
Jan 04, 2016 kimyunalesca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, manga
Why didn't I read this any sooner? this manga series OMG! really hilarious I can totally relate about the ON and OFF switch mode haha wait...does that mean I'm also a switch girl? I must admit there are times I'm kinda like Nika XD

the opening lines close ended questions with only Yes or No as an answer sometimes by multiple choice will truly and almost always a slap of reality haha I LOVE THIS MANGA SO MUCH!

and the japanese live in action adaptation is awesome!
Angélique
Dec 28, 2012 Angélique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mangas
Really funny manga, all the girls, I say ALL the girls will understand at least one thing in this manga. You are not human if you don't act like Nika (more or less, because sometimes... ugh)
I recommend everybody this manga, it's really good, well drawn, funny and the characters are appealing.
Stéphanie
Aug 18, 2011 Stéphanie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Un manga drôle et frais qui se démarque de la plupart des shojo. Et puis on se retrouve tellement facilement dans cette héroïne qui ne se sent vraiment bien qu'une fois chez elle à jouer à un jeux vidéo en vieille culotte usée et en tee-shirt déformé. ^^
Ashleigh
I admit it, I got sucked in for an ad I saw of the drama. It's a good concept, because I think we're all switch girls at heart (except mine wear pajama pants, because it is COLD). Love interest is lookin' good, but I do think the series gets a little too gross for me sometimes.
Vanessa Vallos
Mar 25, 2014 Vanessa Vallos rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, no-word-for-it
This manga is so fun and so like me.

Yes, I am a switch girl and so what ! Thanks to this manga, I am no longer ashame of what i'm truly i'm.

I wear my off mode with my lover and he doesn't care !

So funny and once again, so true !
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
Love the artwork and storyline (even though it's not possible otherwise I would have done it ugh :() Full of humor and wit. Oh and this girl has a strong sense of justice so don't piss her off and be mean to her friends ;))
Lucie Baudrillart
Sep 07, 2015 Lucie Baudrillart rated it really liked it
un super manga qui décrit la réalité en exagérant mais avec beaucoup d'humour en traitant les complexes de l'apparence.
Bonny
Apr 21, 2015 Bonny rated it it was amazing
I've read up to chapter 54 so far. Disgusting, but the most hilarious manga I've read to date. Aida's got those creepy close-up drawings down! Poor Russ got so tired of my laughing.
Viridiana Ivashkov
Nov 17, 2015 Viridiana Ivashkov rated it really liked it
3.5
Usa la misma premisa que Karekano pero con más dosis de humor. Una primera entrega que tiene potencial sobre todo como comedia romántica
Hesty Pradnyani
Hesty Pradnyani rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Anaïs
Anaïs rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Violhaine
Violhaine rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Usakari
Usakari rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Marion
Marion rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Océane Berthelin
Océane Berthelin rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Virginie
Virginie rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2011
  • Last Quarter (Last Quarter, #1)
  • Twinkle Stars 1
  • Mairunovich, Vol.1
  • あなたに花を捧げましょう 1 (Anata ni Hana o Sasagemashou #1)
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 3
  • Ren-Ai Shijou Shugi, Vol. 1 (Ren-Ai Shijou Shugi, #1)
  • Happy Mania Volume 1
  • The Beads Club
  • L-DK, Vol. 01
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • Tegami Bachi, Vol. 4
  • Platinum Garden, Volume 1
  • 오렌지 마말레이드 1 (Orange Marmalade, #1)
  • AAA, Vol. 01
Name in native language:あいだ夏波
Blood Type: B
More about Natsumi Aida...

Switch Girl!! (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Switch Girl!!, Tome 2