Start by marking “The Roswell Incident” as Want to Read:
The Roswell Incident

The Roswell Incident

The Roswell Incident was the most important UFO encounter of the 20th century. Facts about the incident are still being hidden from the public. This groundbreaking book not only explores every aspect of the mysterious UFO crash near Roswell, NM, but also probes the bizarre government cover-up that began within hours of the discovery & has continued to the present.
Intro
Published July 1st 1997 by MJF Books/Fine Communications (NYC) (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Roswell Incident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roswell Incident

Michael
Jun 06, 2015 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ufos
Erstaunlich, was als Sachbuch so durchgeht. Hinsichtlich der "Quellenangaben" geht es nicht schlampiger, alles hat lediglich Behauptungscharakter und ist abschweifig zusammengeschustert. Wäre auch nur ein einziges Detail einer einzigen Behauptung nachweisbar, hätten wir es mit einer Sensation zu tun. So ist es aber doch "nur" Teil der UFO-Folklore, die Roswell & Co. als modernen Mythos aufrecht hält. Weniger trocken und besserwisserisch geschrieben und mit einer Prise Humor gewürzt wäre DER ...more
Erik Graff
Feb 13, 2015 Erik Graff rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Roswell fans
Recommended to Erik by: Michael Miley
Shelves: sciences
This is not the best book about the Roswell event, but it is the earliest. The best is probably that produced by Stanton Friedman who, incidentally, contributed to this earlier examination.

Interestingly, Charles F. Berlitz, the author of this book and others about the Bermuda Triangle (he virtually invented it), the discovery of Noah's ark (what! another one?) and Atlantis is also the man behind all of the Berlitz language books. Now, a biography of him would probably be quite interesting.
David Seals
Jun 20, 2012 David Seals rated it it was amazing
In this 1980 counter-Intelligence masterpiece 'The Roswell Incident', by Government Intelligence writers Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore, the U.S. Air Force actually came clean for once about what it knows, and thinks, about Unidentified Flying Objects. Much to the misunderstanding of almost everybody.

Re-reading this explosive little book of only 184 pages, after many years since it first came out and almost single-handedly changed the whole Extraterrestrial and Flying Saucer dialogue, I
Hanaa
Sep 13, 2011 Hanaa rated it liked it
I love me some alien action; I grew up watching the X-Files and watching my cousins getting too excited about possible alien life. To be honest, I always thought it was hokey, but it sparked my interest anyhow. This would include watching several hours of UFO investigations on television at the tender age of eight. Poor eight-year-old me: beginning my jaded life on the right foot by watching people talk about the juice being squeezed out of their eyes to only be left with two shriveled grapes.
I
Leah
Oct 31, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think we all know by now that it wasn't a weather balloon that landed near Roswell in 1947. This is a classic, must-read account for any UFO connoisseurs. If you do not like aliens or do not have a good sense of humor, you will not appreciate the earnest cheesiness with which this book is written, and you will be especially turned off by the many hand-drawn sketches and bold assertions contained within. Best line of the whole book: "this occurrence, if true, would be at least comparable to Col ...more
Katiera Morningstar
Feb 29, 2012 Katiera Morningstar rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read on the Roswell Incident and it was very informative without being boring. I couldn't put it down! These authors did some great research and conducted some very interesting interviews. If you are a fan of all things extra-terrestrial, you will like this book. Short, sweet, and gets right to the point.
Jeannie Long
Dec 31, 2014 Jeannie Long rated it liked it
I’ve always had a fascination for UFO’s and this classic book reporting the supposed alien crash at Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 is a fun read. The authors have pieced together a large number of facts which weave into a convincing story. Add to that the body of testimony from a number of very credible witnesses and it’s almost enough to make one believe that this really happened.
SouthWestZippy
Jan 19, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it it was ok
This is a ok book.
Anna
Not rating this book, just read for the fun of it.
Ken
Jan 31, 2013 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: conspiracy
A classic UFO novel tracing the craft and occupants from the July 1947 crash up through 1979. My favorite part was learning about President Eisenhower's trip to see the bodies and how he had to tell the press that he went out for a cap on his tooth.
Matt
Jul 28, 2008 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and informative. Without any real "proof" it is just a fun read if you enjoy a UFO story. Written well enough to make you trhink... "what if it really happened..."
Read1000books
The first book about whatever happened out in the New Mexico desert in the summer of 1947.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This was my intro to what is now a well-known UFO(?) incident.
Raul
Oct 01, 2008 Raul rated it liked it
que sigo aprendiendo..
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Natasha Spaczyńska
Natasha Spaczyńska marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Gabe Hawkins
Gabe Hawkins marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Linus Vieira
Linus Vieira marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Nick Lee
Nick Lee rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2016
Lo r n a J. Dodge
Lo r n a J. Dodge rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Paola Perez
Paola Perez marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Bex Todd
Bex Todd marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Kenneth Tocyloski
Kenneth Tocyloski marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Mathieu
Mathieu rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Don Harris
Don Harris marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
  • The Spear of Destiny
  • Secret Life: Firsthand, Documented Accounts of Ufo Abductions
  • Ancient Traces: Mysteries in Ancient and Early History
  • The Day After Roswell
  • Into the Bermuda Triangle: Pursuing the Truth Behind the World's Greatest Mystery
  • Earth: An Alien Enterprise: The Shocking Truth Behind the Greatest Cover-up in Human History
  • The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Past, Present, and Future
  • Transformation: The Breakthrough
  • Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain
  • When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-ordinary Realities
  • The Last Alchemist: Count Cagliostro, Master of Magic in the Age of Reason
  • Cotton: The Biography of a Revolutionary Fiber
Born in NYC, Berlitz was the grandson of Maximilien Berlitz, who founded the Berlitz Language Schools. As a child, Charles was raised in a household in which (by father's orders) every relative & servant spoke to Charles in a different language. He reached adolescence speaking eight languages fluently. In adulthood, he recalled having had the delusion that every human spoke a different languag ...more
More about Charles Frambach Berlitz...