Start by marking “The Roswell Incident” as Want to Read:
The Roswell Incident

The Roswell Incident

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Roswell Incident was the most important UFO encounter of the 20th century. Facts about the incident are still being hidden from the public. This groundbreaking book not only explores every aspect of the mysterious UFO crash near Roswell, NM, but also probes the bizarre government cover-up that began within hours of the discovery & has continued to the present.
Intro
Published July 1st 1997 by MJF Books/Fine Communications (NYC) (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Roswell Incident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roswell Incident

Michael
Erstaunlich, was als Sachbuch so durchgeht. Hinsichtlich der "Quellenangaben" geht es nicht schlampiger, alles hat lediglich Behauptungscharakter und ist abschweifig zusammengeschustert. Wäre auch nur ein einziges Detail einer einzigen Behauptung nachweisbar, hätten wir es mit einer Sensation zu tun. So ist es aber doch "nur" Teil der UFO-Folklore, die Roswell & Co. als modernen Mythos aufrecht hält. Weniger trocken und besserwisserisch geschrieben und mit einer Prise Humor gewürzt wäre DER ...more
Erik Graff
Feb 13, 2015 Erik Graff rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Roswell fans
Recommended to Erik by: Michael Miley
Shelves: sciences
This is not the best book about the Roswell event, but it is the earliest. The best is probably that produced by Stanton Friedman who, incidentally, contributed to this earlier examination.

Interestingly, Charles F. Berlitz, the author of this book and others about the Bermuda Triangle (he virtually invented it), the discovery of Noah's ark (what! another one?) and Atlantis is also the man behind all of the Berlitz language books. Now, a biography of him would probably be quite interesting.
Hanaa
I love me some alien action; I grew up watching the X-Files and watching my cousins getting too excited about possible alien life. To be honest, I always thought it was hokey, but it sparked my interest anyhow. This would include watching several hours of UFO investigations on television at the tender age of eight. Poor eight-year-old me: beginning my jaded life on the right foot by watching people talk about the juice being squeezed out of their eyes to only be left with two shriveled grapes.
I
David Seals
In this 1980 counter-Intelligence masterpiece 'The Roswell Incident', by Government Intelligence writers Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore, the U.S. Air Force actually came clean for once about what it knows, and thinks, about Unidentified Flying Objects. Much to the misunderstanding of almost everybody.

Re-reading this explosive little book of only 184 pages, after many years since it first came out and almost single-handedly changed the whole Extraterrestrial and Flying Saucer dialogue, I
Leah
I think we all know by now that it wasn't a weather balloon that landed near Roswell in 1947. This is a classic, must-read account for any UFO connoisseurs. If you do not like aliens or do not have a good sense of humor, you will not appreciate the earnest cheesiness with which this book is written, and you will be especially turned off by the many hand-drawn sketches and bold assertions contained within. Best line of the whole book: "this occurrence, if true, would be at least comparable to Col ...more
Katiera Morningstar
This is the first book I've read on the Roswell Incident and it was very informative without being boring. I couldn't put it down! These authors did some great research and conducted some very interesting interviews. If you are a fan of all things extra-terrestrial, you will like this book. Short, sweet, and gets right to the point.
Jeannie Long
I’ve always had a fascination for UFO’s and this classic book reporting the supposed alien crash at Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 is a fun read. The authors have pieced together a large number of facts which weave into a convincing story. Add to that the body of testimony from a number of very credible witnesses and it’s almost enough to make one believe that this really happened.
Anna
Not rating this book, just read for the fun of it.
Ken
A classic UFO novel tracing the craft and occupants from the July 1947 crash up through 1979. My favorite part was learning about President Eisenhower's trip to see the bodies and how he had to tell the press that he went out for a cap on his tooth.
Matt
Fun and informative. Without any real "proof" it is just a fun read if you enjoy a UFO story. Written well enough to make you trhink... "what if it really happened..."
Read1000books
The first book about whatever happened out in the New Mexico desert in the summer of 1947.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This was my intro to what is now a well-known UFO(?) incident.
Raul
que sigo aprendiendo..
Роман
Роман marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Ashlyn
Ashlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Katelyn
Katelyn marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Paul
Paul added it
May 18, 2015
Ñeca Rodriguez
Ñeca Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Snehal
Snehal marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster
  • Spear of Destiny
  • Ancient Traces: Mysteries in Ancient and Early History
  • Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain
  • Into the Bermuda Triangle: Pursuing the Truth Behind the World's Greatest Mystery
  • The Last Alchemist: Count Cagliostro, Master of Magic in the Age of Reason
  • Cotton: The Biography of a Revolutionary Fiber
  • Earth: An Alien Enterprise: The Shocking Truth Behind the Greatest Cover-up in Human History
  • The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Past, Present, and Future
  • Transformation: The Breakthrough
  • When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-ordinary Realities
  • The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
  • The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration & 9/11
  • The Wars of Gods and Men (Earth Chronicles 3)
Born in NYC, Berlitz was the grandson of Maximilien Berlitz, who founded the Berlitz Language Schools. As a child, Charles was raised in a household in which (by father's orders) every relative & servant spoke to Charles in a different language. He reached adolescence speaking eight languages fluently. In adulthood, he recalled having had the delusion that every human spoke a different languag ...more
More about Charles Frambach Berlitz...
Bermuda Triangle The Philadelphia Experiment Atlantis:  The Eighth Continent Native Tongues World of Strange Phenomena