Start by marking “Always” as Want to Read:
Always
Preview

Always

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  518 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Sometimes you have to go more than halfway to meet in the middle.

Caitlin Moore has every reason to celebrate. She's through with law-school finals, and out for some post-semester fun when she runs smack dab into Eamon Blake, the Irishman with whom she had a summer fling years ago. Time hasn't dimmed their lingering friendship--or their sexual chemistry.

Eamon isn't looking
Published April 14th 2009 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always

Stephanie
Not really sure how I really feel about this book. LOL

The story takes place over a period of two years. This makes the story hard to read, for me anyway.

Eamon and Caitlin meet when she goes to Ireland. They spent six wonderful weeks together and then when Caitlin returns to the USA, they part as friends. Once home Caitlin reunites with a boyfriend that ends up being a total jerk and leaves her with a bit of emotional baggage, but it spurs to enter law school and start thinking for herself. Eamo
Joy
This novel is about a long-distance relationship and it has become one of my favorites. I understand the chemistry between Caitlin (pronounced as Kathleen) and Eamon, the Irish bloke she had a hot summer fling with. They have this easygoing friendship, and they're perfect in bed, but they're not really angling for a relationship. Both of them know this and everything went well for Caitlyn when she passed the BAR, and Eamon has more contacts in his photography business.

Constant communication, wit
Darcy
I will admit that this book doesn't live up to the others that I have read by this author. It seemed like this couple just jumped into bed right away, granted they knew each other years ago and had been lovers. But I still had a hard time buying into them randomly bumping into each other then hopping into bed so quickly with no pretense.

I also didn't really care for the couple. Each one was selfish in their own way. They started out just being friends with benefits, but quickly fell into an excl
Kelly
Lauren Dane is one of my favorite authors, and this book is a stand-alone. The story is about previous lovers that run across each other again in a new city. Caitlin and Eamon were lovers when Cait was in Dublin for a summer four years prior, and they are reunited in Seattle when Eamon is there on business and Cait is finishing school. They easily fall back into a casual physical relationship and renew their friendship, which becomes a long distance relationship in which they only see each other ...more
Estara
Apr 26, 2012 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of category contemporar romance
Recommended to Estara by: I've liked quite a few of her contemporaries
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Sonia Root
Call me crazy, but I liked this short very much. The story of Eamon and Caitlin was believable which isn't always the case.

They had met 4 years prior and had a summer fling in Dublin only to run into each other in a bar in Seattle all that time later.

I was annoyed a wee bit on how long it took Eamon to come to Jeezus and admit his true fellings for Cat but alas, HEA's do sometimes take their time.

Recommend this novella for a quick read and some steamy sex scenes and lets face it Irish or Scots m
Madhellena
Lauren Dane is one of my favourite authors because her couples have real problems and they solve them like grown-ups. No misunderstandings, no hiding behind words or keeping stuff inside.
This is about a couple with a difficult long-distance relationship and personal issues, but love prevails in the end :)
Bri
Apr 28, 2011 Bri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: erotica
Well, I'm glad that I gave another shot to a Lauren Dane book. After reading (and hating) Laid Bare, I was reluctant to start another, but I already had them on my iPhone, so figured why not?

Overall, I enjoyed it. Lauren still does the thing where she tells you the same thing over and over again rather than just showing you in their actions, which is tedious. Also, her dialogue needs a little (a lot) of help so that it flows more naturally. The sex scenes were there, but not nearly as descriptiv
Mskychick
I'm wavering between a 2 and a 3. I was enjoying the story until he ran out on her because he couldn't commit. He was a real dick,and I did not want her to take him back. So a romance where I don't want the 2 to have a HEA is not a romance book that works for me
Ruth Miranda
short but sweet.
Candace
Another great book by Lauren Dane. I just can't seem to go wrong with her.

I had put off reading this book as the outside cover synopsis really didn't excite me much, but I'm glad I finally read it. The story line was good and seeing Cat & Eamon's relationship develop over a long time was different than many other Dane books. Usually her characters move really fast into lust and then into love, but these two were different.

Definitely a must read for anyone who likes Lauren Dane.
Allstarme79
Maybe I'm just a total sap but I loved this book. It does take place over 2 years but that's how long it took them to build this strong bond. Having read a lot of PNRs lately where they fall in love within weeks, this was refreshing. The end was believable and heart-warming. An all around solid read.
Laurie Evans
I'm a fan of reunion love stories, so I really liked Eamon and Caitlin's story. I liked the long distance relationship, and the buildup of anticipation between the times they saw each other. Nice sex scenes, and great emotional development between the two characters.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
In true Ms. Dane fashion, there are stubborn characters in this book. Still, I enjoyed it as a sweet love story. It's a story that brings hope to females with long distance relationships. I can always count on Ms. Dane for a good relaxing read. (No pun intended)
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Really enjoyed this book and loved the chemistry between Eamon (loved that he was Irish as well) and Caitlin.
The long distance relationship, the plot and the relationship between the two main characters made this book a really enjoyable read.

Anya
I enjoyed the story but it seems a trifle stilted and unnatural somehow. Still it's a pleasant way to spend a couple hours.
Angel Ruess
Not Dane's best work, but it was enjoyable.
Christina
A totally fabulous short sexy read.

*Euphoria*
I liked the charecters.
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Paula
Paula added it
Apr 18, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Bodacious
Bodacious marked it as to-read
Kelley Lowenthal
Kelley Lowenthal marked it as to-read
Liz Marshall
Liz Marshall marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • Holiday Seduction
  • No Reservations (Kate & Leah, #2)
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Playboy Prankster (Extreme Racing, #1)
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Taking the Cake (The Strip Series)
  • The Kiss Test
  • Full Exposure
  • Rough Stock
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • A Taste of Honey
  • Behind the Mask (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • Three to Tango
  • Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish, #2)
  • Tamara's Spirit (Corralled #2)
  • Turn it On (Turner Twins, #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,
More about Lauren Dane...
Laid Bare (Brown Siblings, #1) Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1) Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2) Never Enough (Brown Siblings, #4)