Start by marking “Three Stalwarts: Drums along the Mohawk / Rome Haul / Erie Water” as Want to Read:
Three Stalwarts: Drums along the Mohawk / Rome Haul / Erie Water

Three Stalwarts: Drums along the Mohawk / Rome Haul / Erie Water

Published 1962 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Three Stalwarts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Stalwarts

Evan
Jan 14, 2010 Evan rated it really liked it
I read Edmonds because Rome Haul takes place in and around my hometown. Growing up in the area, I experienced a dearth in education about the Erie Canal, which I think did more for the early settling of the West than did the railroads.
Edmonds is pretty good at fiction. I only read Rome Haul, but enjoyed its zeroing in on one group of "canawlers" as they loved, lost, fought, gained, earned and spent. Rome Haul, if nothing else, paints a great picture of canal life, and a better time in upstate Ne
Angel Jennifer
Jul 08, 2012 Angel Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My dad gave me this book to read while i was recovering from surgery, and believe me, you probably wouldn't pick it up because it looks like a dull book but i was totally engrossed from the first chapter.

there are 3 whole, rich stories with great characters in this book about the building and navigating of the Erie Canal. So much history and information in these books, along with a great story.

totally recommend this to anyone ,,,,great read!
Ed
Ed rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
John Barrett
John Barrett rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2014
Jim Buck
Jim Buck rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Bargle
Bargle added it
Nov 05, 2016
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Steven Golden
Steven Golden marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Walter D. Edmonds has been a National Book Award winner and recipient of the Newbery Medal. He is the author of Bert Breen’s Barn, The Boyds of Black River, In the Hands of the Senecas, Mostly Canallers, Rome Haul, Time to Go House, and most recently the autobiographical Tales My Father Never Told, all available from Syracuse University Press.
More about Walter D. Edmonds...