Start by marking “In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3)” as Want to Read:
In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3)

In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes #3)

Natalie Lindstrom has a gift: the power to speak to the dead, to solve crimes by interviewing murder victims. But now Natalie wants to escape. Escape from the voices that fill her head. Escape from the organization that has used her as a crime-solving tool; and now wants to recruit her daughter. So Natalie takes a job as far from crime and punishment as she can get: with ...more
Published October 25th 2005 by Dell (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about In Golden Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Golden Blood

The Host by Stephenie Meyer1984 by George OrwellUglies by Scott WesterfeldNumbers by Rachel WardSpecials by Scott Westerfeld
Eye of the Beholder
439th out of 452 books — 274 voters
Dead Beat by Jim ButcherGrave Peril by Jim ButcherFool Moon by Jim ButcherThrough Violet Eyes by Stephen WoodworthDouble Crossed by Ally Carter
Spies, Agents, and Supernatural
44th out of 46 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacy Simpson
Aug 14, 2010 Stacy Simpson rated it did not like it
Iw was a well researched book but not the kind of thing I like to get into...Mediums bore me....But if I did get into this book I would reccomend it.

The other thing that ticked me off was that I found out it is book 3 of a series....NUMBER THE DAMN THINGS OR SOMETHING!
Drucilla
Sep 02, 2011 Drucilla rated it liked it
Shelves: w
This entry in the Violet series departs from the previous two books in a big way. Whereas the previous books had been centered more on murders, crime, and serial killers from a Violet's perspective, this entry focuses more on the archaeology aspect of Violet work. There still is crime and murder so don't worry. The path that this book took was really good for the series. I had been curious from the first book about this side of Violet work and another 'crime' centered book would have been stale ...more
Abigail Platero
Oct 28, 2016 Abigail Platero rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed your reading this story! I can feel myself inside the book, As if I am one of the characters
Wesly
Apr 15, 2013 Wesly rated it it was ok
A quick and enjoyable read, but loses some (or much) of the oomph of earlier entries in the series. Unfortunately Woodworth here falls into the Dan Brown/Da Vinci Code trap of having characters narrate and explain extensively to one another, for the reader's benefit of course, while on the run from the bad guys. This is patently ridiculous if you stop to think about it at all. If an author can't convey historical or other backstory needed by the reader in order to understand what's going on or ...more
Dana
Apr 26, 2009 Dana rated it really liked it
Natalie Lindstrom is a violet, a person who can talk to the dead. She has stopped working for the government and is watched constantly. This makes finding any work almost impossible as this type of work is only sanctioned by the government. Natalie is a single parent and now her father has had heart surgery and has mounting medical bills.

When she is approached by a professor wanting her expertise in the Peruvian Andes on an archeological dig, it sounds too good to be true. She is to find the unr
Dina_s
Now that I have reached the third book in the series I have finally been able to suspend all belief vis a vis this alternate scenario. The story focuses more on Natalie and all her failings, wants and weaknesses. We get to see her more "naked". Hounded and blacklisted by the NAACC Natalie must rely on her wits to eke out a meagre living and keep her daughter away from its evil clutches. A too good to be true offer presents itself in the guise of a handsome, geeky archaeologist (cue Hugh Grant), ...more
Jasmine
Oct 05, 2014 Jasmine rated it liked it
Huh.
This was... fun to read, I guess. I think it would have been more fun if I hadn't realized it was part of a series halfway through.
If I can find it, I'll read the first book in the series (Through Violet Eyes, I think?), but if I do I feel like I might not want to read the second one, because the second book in a series is often not up to the standard of the rest of the series.
I'd have to describe this as a cheap waffle cone that someone forgot to put the chocolate and sprinkles on. Still go
Barbara ★
I think I might have enjoyed this more had I read the previous books in the series. I own them but I needed a book set in Peru so I grabbed this one first. I like characters who channel the dead and Natalie was a very likable person. Even without knowing her back story, I felt bad for her situation with the Agency and poor Callie, her nightmares are horrific. I liked the concept of the Violets and disliked the Agency. The villain Nathan was a horrible person and I cheered when he met his fate. ...more
Dana
Mar 11, 2009 Dana rated it liked it
In the third Violet book, Natalie finds herself desperate for cash due to her increasingly illegal status as a Violet not working for the NAACP. She ends up taking a job in Peru, supposedly to confirm the age of a conquistador artifact, but once she arrives, things go from bad to worse. Her employer is a treasure-hunting madman, what was supposed to be just a few days absence from her emotionally fragile daughter has now turned into weeks, and she must rely on ghosts with their own agenda to ...more
Christal
This is a review of the series as whole. I really enjoyed these books. They were all fast-paced with a good central mystery. The world building was unique and aptly described. Natalie, a Violet, is our main character throughout the series and she can contact the dead. Mr. Woodworth created great mysteries and infused the books with tons of suspense. Following Natalie's life and adventures was really fun and I am sad there isn't a fifth book.
Julia
Aug 03, 2010 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: its-a-series
Golden Blood was a little far fetched for me. Yes, I can accept that in this world there are violet eyed people who can summon the dead but the whole Peruvian escapade was a bit much and a little crazy even for the likes of Natalie Lindstrom. I find that the deaths in these books are getting much more graphic with each new installment. BUT I did enjoy the story and I will be reading more of the about the Violets.
Gloria Masitsa
Feb 06, 2013 Gloria Masitsa rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read of Stephen Woodworth. I must say it was a refreshing story, different from any I've read in a long time. Natalie goes to extreme lengths to prevent her daughter from being recruited by the NAACC. It's so maternal. The ancient civilisations really interest me, so obviously I liked the way the author incorporated the Incas into his story. Although I haven't read the first two, I am hooked and would love to read From Black Rooms.
Sarah Spelbring
Dec 17, 2012 Sarah Spelbring rated it it was ok
I don't remember if I bought this one or if my mother bought it for me. In theory this is a great book, but in practice something ends up missing.

It just doesn't have enough suspense even though all the right things happen. I've no idea what it is. I did like it enough to read it, but I did forget about it on my shelves for about three years.
Beth Kluesener
Mar 17, 2014 Beth Kluesener rated it liked it
Maybe 2.5 stars. As I was reading it, I felt that it was better than the 2nd book. But now that I am looking back, I am not feeling overly impressed. But the concept of Violets is still so intriguing.
Mar 08, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
"In Golden Blood" is a mix of history's mysteries and the paranormal sci-fic. I specifically enjoyed the descriptions of Inca history and the travel to The Andes to find Inca gold. Good guys and bad guys come in all flavors and work across diminsions in this very quick read.
Dascha
Mar 04, 2010 Dascha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, series
3rd in the series. Fast paced action as people seek to control Natalie who has known paranormal abilities and use them for their own means. Interesting concept. Thrilling read! I'd love to see another book in this series!
Becky
Oct 22, 2011 Becky rated it it was amazing
This third in the series takes the story in a very different direction than the two previous installments. Leaves lots of room for expanding the series beyond the initial storyline. This one involves Incan treasure.
Wendy
Jun 12, 2009 Wendy rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as the first two in this series. I like the character, and I like following her adventures, but the "villians" in this book were nothing like the challenges she faced in the first two. I'll still try the fourth book.
orannia
Apr 07, 2010 orannia rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
It's a 3 1/2 star book actually. I wish GoodReads have the half star option. It's a good book, I just realized part way through that I was hanging out to read something else. And yes, I'll be reading the fourth book in the series.
Michelle (meshe)
Jan 02, 2011 Michelle (meshe) rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
so I didn't really finish this one, because when I started reading it, I realized that I'd read it some time ago. Is there another after it. Off to check that out.
Cynthia
Jul 02, 2012 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Just found out there is a fourth book. This is one of those series that holds it's own through every volume, but are best read in sequence.
Misty Atkinson
Aug 03, 2015 Misty Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page Turner.

This was a pretty easy read but it kept me interested. There were a few plot twists that were predictable but still fun.
Estelle Miller
Nov 30, 2010 Estelle Miller rated it liked it
This author does the same thing as the author of "The Giver" where they basically rewrite the same damn story - they just change a few genders and a couple areas. It was still an okay read though...
Amanda and tony schmidt
number three and even better the story kinda takes a twist in this one but it really fits and turns out really well, definately rocks!!
Trish
Jul 28, 2013 Trish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. Decent enough story to have you continue to read. Still, a bit, too tidy. Wrapped in a bow.
Meghan
Oct 28, 2010 Meghan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise, that violets are able to communicate and summon dead people. Enjoyable short and easy read.
Ginger
May 13, 2016 Ginger rated it really liked it
I read this forever ago, before Goodreads lost my initial account forever ago (poor grammar, I know). I remember enjoying the book. It was fast paced and kept me wanting to get to the next page.
Kathryn
Ok. I'm undecided on this one. Definitely rates up there as liked. But not sure it flowed the same as the others. I will read #4 because I do like the story. It's different.
Pam
Aug 10, 2011 Pam rated it did not like it
I couldn't into this one despite how much the blurb interested me. After reading almost 85 pages I finally gave up which was a disappointment as this was a new author for me.
Brandy
Aug 13, 2007 Brandy rated it it was amazing
What a guilty pleasure! I love this author, and I love this line of books! It's a THRILLER for sure!
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Straying From the Path
  • Soul Hunt (Evie Scelan, #3)
  • Inside a U.S. Embassy: How the Foreign Service Works for America
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
  • Call of the Moon
  • 60 Seconds and You're Hired!
  • Running with the Pack
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Open Wide The Freedom Gates: A Memoir
  • The Lion Throne
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • Stone of Destiny
  • Wyrmhole (Jack Stein Series #1)
  • Wounds
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • In a Heartbeat
Stephen Woodworth is an American speculative fiction author, and a native of Fullerton, California.
More about Stephen Woodworth...

Violet Eyes (4 books)
  • Through Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4)