In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3)

In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  538 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Natalie Lindstrom has a gift: the power to speak to the dead, to solve crimes by interviewing murder victims. But now Natalie wants to escape. Escape from the voices that fill her head. Escape from the organization that has used her as a crime-solving tool�and now wants to recruit her daughter. So Natalie takes a job as far from crime and punishment as she can get: with...more
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published October 25th 2005 by Dell (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about In Golden Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Golden Blood

The Host by Stephenie Meyer1984 by George OrwellUglies by Scott WesterfeldNumbers by Rachel WardSpecials by Scott Westerfeld
Eye of the Beholder
393rd out of 408 books — 250 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutSeptember Ends by Hunter S. JonesAngelfall by Susan EeBentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past by Paul CudeKings & Queens by Courtney Vail
Books You Wish More People Knew About - Part 2
413th out of 572 books — 529 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacy Simpson
Iw was a well researched book but not the kind of thing I like to get into...Mediums bore me....But if I did get into this book I would reccomend it.

The other thing that ticked me off was that I found out it is book 3 of a series....NUMBER THE DAMN THINGS OR SOMETHING!
Drucilla
Sep 02, 2011 Drucilla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: w
This entry in the Violet series departs from the previous two books in a big way. Whereas the previous books had been centered more on murders, crime, and serial killers from a Violet's perspective, this entry focuses more on the archaeology aspect of Violet work. There still is crime and murder so don't worry. The path that this book took was really good for the series. I had been curious from the first book about this side of Violet work and another 'crime' centered book would have been stale...more
Wesly
A quick and enjoyable read, but loses some (or much) of the oomph of earlier entries in the series. Unfortunately Woodworth here falls into the Dan Brown/Da Vinci Code trap of having characters narrate and explain extensively to one another, for the reader's benefit of course, while on the run from the bad guys. This is patently ridiculous if you stop to think about it at all. If an author can't convey historical or other backstory needed by the reader in order to understand what's going on or w...more
Dana
Natalie Lindstrom is a violet, a person who can talk to the dead. She has stopped working for the government and is watched constantly. This makes finding any work almost impossible as this type of work is only sanctioned by the government. Natalie is a single parent and now her father has had heart surgery and has mounting medical bills.

When she is approached by a professor wanting her expertise in the Peruvian Andes on an archeological dig, it sounds too good to be true. She is to find the unr...more
Beth Kluesener
Maybe 2.5 stars. As I was reading it, I felt that it was better than the 2nd book. But now that I am looking back, I am not feeling overly impressed. But the concept of Violets is still so intriguing.
Dana
In the third Violet book, Natalie finds herself desperate for cash due to her increasingly illegal status as a Violet not working for the NAACP. She ends up taking a job in Peru, supposedly to confirm the age of a conquistador artifact, but once she arrives, things go from bad to worse. Her employer is a treasure-hunting madman, what was supposed to be just a few days absence from her emotionally fragile daughter has now turned into weeks, and she must rely on ghosts with their own agenda to hel...more
Barbara ★
I think I might have enjoyed this more had I read the previous books in the series. I own them but I needed a book set in Peru so I grabbed this one first. I like characters who channel the dead and Natalie was a very likable person. Even without knowing her back story, I felt bad for her situation with the Agency and poor Callie, her nightmares are horrific. I liked the concept of the Violets and disliked the Agency. The villain Nathan was a horrible person and I cheered when he met his fate. A...more
Gloria Masitsa
This is the first book I've read of Stephen Woodworth. I must say it was a refreshing story, different from any I've read in a long time. Natalie goes to extreme lengths to prevent her daughter from being recruited by the NAACC. It's so maternal. The ancient civilisations really interest me, so obviously I liked the way the author incorporated the Incas into his story. Although I haven't read the first two, I am hooked and would love to read From Black Rooms.
Christal
This is a review of the series as whole. I really enjoyed these books. They were all fast-paced with a good central mystery. The world building was unique and aptly described. Natalie, a Violet, is our main character throughout the series and she can contact the dead. Mr. Woodworth created great mysteries and infused the books with tons of suspense. Following Natalie's life and adventures was really fun and I am sad there isn't a fifth book.
Julia
Golden Blood was a little far fetched for me. Yes, I can accept that in this world there are violet eyed people who can summon the dead but the whole Peruvian escapade was a bit much and a little crazy even for the likes of Natalie Lindstrom. I find that the deaths in these books are getting much more graphic with each new installment. BUT I did enjoy the story and I will be reading more of the about the Violets.
Sarah Spelbring
I don't remember if I bought this one or if my mother bought it for me. In theory this is a great book, but in practice something ends up missing.

It just doesn't have enough suspense even though all the right things happen. I've no idea what it is. I did like it enough to read it, but I did forget about it on my shelves for about three years.
"In Golden Blood" is a mix of history's mysteries and the paranormal sci-fic. I specifically enjoyed the descriptions of Inca history and the travel to The Andes to find Inca gold. Good guys and bad guys come in all flavors and work across diminsions in this very quick read.
orannia
It's a 3 1/2 star book actually. I wish GoodReads have the half star option. It's a good book, I just realized part way through that I was hanging out to read something else. And yes, I'll be reading the fourth book in the series.
Wendy
Not nearly as good as the first two in this series. I like the character, and I like following her adventures, but the "villians" in this book were nothing like the challenges she faced in the first two. I'll still try the fourth book.
Dascha
3rd in the series. Fast paced action as people seek to control Natalie who has known paranormal abilities and use them for their own means. Interesting concept. Thrilling read! I'd love to see another book in this series!
Becky
This third in the series takes the story in a very different direction than the two previous installments. Leaves lots of room for expanding the series beyond the initial storyline. This one involves Incan treasure.
Estelle Miller
This author does the same thing as the author of "The Giver" where they basically rewrite the same damn story - they just change a few genders and a couple areas. It was still an okay read though...
Kathryn
Ok. I'm undecided on this one. Definitely rates up there as liked. But not sure it flowed the same as the others. I will read #4 because I do like the story. It's different.
Pam
I couldn't into this one despite how much the blurb interested me. After reading almost 85 pages I finally gave up which was a disappointment as this was a new author for me.
Michelle (meshe)
so I didn't really finish this one, because when I started reading it, I realized that I'd read it some time ago. Is there another after it. Off to check that out.
Cynthia
Just found out there is a fourth book. This is one of those series that holds it's own through every volume, but are best read in sequence.
Amanda and tony schmidt
number three and even better the story kinda takes a twist in this one but it really fits and turns out really well, definately rocks!!
Trish
Quick and easy read. Decent enough story to have you continue to read. Still, a bit, too tidy. Wrapped in a bow.
Meghan
Interesting premise, that violets are able to communicate and summon dead people. Enjoyable short and easy read.
Brandy
What a guilty pleasure! I love this author, and I love this line of books! It's a THRILLER for sure!
Amanda
Not as enthralling as the first two, but still a fun read if you enjoy the "Violet eyes" concept.
Amy
I've read this book, however, can't remember when.....:(
Sally906
transferring reading records from spreadsheet
Ceecee

Book 3 - Will continue to read this series...
Terri Barrentine
This series just keeps getting better.
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Soul Hunt (Evie Scelan, #3)
  • Shadowrun 15: Burning Bright
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Haunting Rachel
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • The Lion Throne
  • Capture (Butch Karp, #21)
  • The Eleventh Plague
  • Awaiting the Moon
  • The Broken Hearts Club
  • Season of Wonder
  • What Do You Say to a Naked Elf?
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Ember from the Sun
  • Antediluvian Tales
  • Wanton Fire (Horde Wars, #2)
Stephen Woodworth is an American speculative fiction author, and a native of Fullerton, California.
More about Stephen Woodworth...
Through Violet Eyes With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2) From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4) With Red Hands: Violet Series: Book 2 Through Violet Eyes: Violet Series: Book 1