Start by marking “From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4)” as Want to Read:
From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4)

From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  405 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Natalie Lindstrom has finally left the underworld behind for a new career in the art world. But there’s one world she can’t escape: the Other world of the dead. As a former Violet, an elite crime-fighter with the power to channel murder victims, Natalie is now using her paranormal gift to summon the spirits of legendary painters. But she’s about to discover how far some pe ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 31st 2006 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2006)

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea CremerShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
best "eye" on the cover
258th out of 693 books — 1,609 voters
The Host by Stephenie Meyer1984 by George OrwellUglies by Scott WesterfeldNumbers by Rachel WardSpecials by Scott Westerfeld
Eye of the Beholder
410th out of 422 books — 254 voters

More lists with this book...

AJ
First off: I absolutely love the concepts of the Violets. If you don't know what they are, don't start here. This is the final Violets book. And all of the little details that Woodworth thinks of add a lot to building a great alternative reality.

But I have to give it only two stars because the writing in this one was mediocre (there are 4 characters with nearly the same name, and it's just distracting). Generally, I felt the story's a little weak, when the concept is just SO great.

Maybe the pub
Samantha
I love this concept. I can't get over how Mr. Woodworth keeps revealing more and more about the Violets and how they function. I love how the series is progressing. He is really showing how full his characters are that he's developing and adding different characters for you to care about as he kills off others to make you feel it. I'm not going to write a plot summary since so many others have already did this. I will say that you need to read the previous books for you to get the complete pictu ...more
Beth Kluesener
This was a pretty good one and a decent ending to the series. I had read the first book so long ago, and never new about the other 3 until recently. It was fun to have some new stories and mysteries set in this world with the Violets. I have liked the main character throughout.
Drucilla
Sep 05, 2011 Drucilla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: w
This is the last entry in the Violet series and as such brings us back to the first book. Numerous characters from the first book reappear and the story, while not the same, resonates with it. I had several problems with this book, the first of which being that the author never seems to cut Natalie a break. For every scrap of happiness she gets, she has to give up 10 fold. While there is a 'happy' ending to the story, it wasn't happy enough for me. (view spoiler) ...more
Dana
This is the final Violet mystery. It starts on something of an up note, because it looks like Natalie has finally found a way to use both her love of art and her Violet abilities together, as she always wanted. Unfortunately, this makes her a target for a black-ops plot within the NAACP itself. It also ties back in neatly with the Violet Killer from the first book.

Again, though, I find myself docking it a star because of how annoying the NAACP is, how bratty the daughter became, and how irritate
Miz
Mental note: Don't come into a series at the end and expect to enjoy it.
Nicola
Pah! Annoying ending
Julia
I really liked From Black Rooms more that the previous installment In Golden Blood. I really loved the whole art history bit of the book. Also, I really liked that Natalie is having better lucked with men since Dan died. Callie is becoming quite a fun character and I'm hoping that there are more books just so I can see what happens to her. I did have a small problem with how it ender because unlike the first 3 books there were so many loose ends. Hoping for more in this series!
Christal
This is a review of the series as whole. I really enjoyed these books. They were all fast-paced with a good central mystery. The world building was unique and aptly described. Natalie, a Violet, is our main character throughout the series and she can contact the dead. Mr. Woodworth created great mysteries and infused the books with tons of suspense. Following Natalie's life and adventures was really fun and I am sad there isn't a fifth book.
Paula
Enjoyed the final book as much as the others. I wish Woodworth would write more.

Someone is experimenting on the general public and trying to turn them into Violets, but there seems to be something missing. Dr. Wax kills all the subjects then is killed himself. Dr. Pancrit knows that Wax knew more than he was willing to expose so Pancrit has Natalie Lindstrom kidnapped with her daughter to force Wax to reveal what he knows.
Kelly Truelove
Apr 19, 2012 Kelly Truelove rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of action, excitiment, paranormal, fantasy, science fiction and thrilling reads
Shelves: favorites
I can't tell you how disappointed I am that still no additional books in this series have been published. I experienced a thrilling reading experience, with momentum that took me racing straight through book 4 without stopping. This is one series that you just have to read for yourself to fully appreciate.
Candida Rodriguez
Wonderfully written and well thought out plots, this is the 4th book in the Violet Eyes series. A sort of futuristic approach to the supernatural, it's a sci-fi, horror and mystery rolled up into one. I love the characters and the twists and turns through out the series. Highly recommended.
Trish
The child was an annoying, ungrateful, and an insolent nuisance at times. And the fact that the mother almost instantaneously develops feelings almost automatically is annoying. Ugh.. Why did I feel the need to finish this series.
Dascha
Still love the characters and concept, but this last one the series didn't keep me as involved as the previous three - so I couldn't give it a full 5 stars. Still an entertaining good read!
Meghan
This was a fairly good read. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series the best. I am sad to hear this author won't be continuing the series.
Deidre
What a disappointment to discover no more in this series because publisher didn't think they sold enough. Phooey.
Terri Barrentine
I Love this series I hope that the author does not stop and keeps them coming and fast and that!
Sasha Brown
I would have liked if he did more....
Sara Thornton
Sara Thornton marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Christine A
Christine A marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Kerah
Kerah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jennifer Schaper
Jennifer Schaper marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Patti
Patti added it
Apr 19, 2015
Margaret Smith
Margaret Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Crystal Gagne
Crystal Gagne marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Deadstock
  • The Salem Witch Society
  • Stone of Destiny
  • Deviations: A Detectives Seagate and Miner Mystery
  • Strictly Analog
  • Kingdom of Cages
  • Turn Me On
  • Season of Wonder
  • Capture (Butch Karp, #21)
  • Under Witch Moon (Moon Shadows, #1)
  • Voracious
  • Terribly Twisted Tales
  • Plague World (Ashley Parker, #3)
  • Waking Nightmares (Shadow Saga #5)
  • Awakening (Lily Dale, #1)
  • A Babe in Ghostland
  • Firefly Rain
Stephen Woodworth is an American speculative fiction author, and a native of Fullerton, California.
More about Stephen Woodworth...

Violet Eyes (4 books)
  • Through Violet Eyes
  • With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3)
Through Violet Eyes With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2) In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3) Deep Cuts L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future 8