Start by marking “From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4)” as Want to Read:
From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes, #4)

From Black Rooms (Violet Eyes #4)

Natalie Lindstrom has finally left the underworld behind for a new career in the art world. But there’s one world she can’t escape: the Other world of the dead. As a former Violet, an elite crime-fighter with the power to channel murder victims, Natalie is now using her paranormal gift to summon the spirits of legendary painters. But she’s about to discover how far some pe ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 31st 2006 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2006)

AJ
Nov 12, 2010 AJ rated it it was ok
First off: I absolutely love the concepts of the Violets. If you don't know what they are, don't start here. This is the final Violets book. And all of the little details that Woodworth thinks of add a lot to building a great alternative reality.

But I have to give it only two stars because the writing in this one was mediocre (there are 4 characters with nearly the same name, and it's just distracting). Generally, I felt the story's a little weak, when the concept is just SO great.

Maybe the pub
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I love this concept. I can't get over how Mr. Woodworth keeps revealing more and more about the Violets and how they function. I love how the series is progressing. He is really showing how full his characters are that he's developing and adding different characters for you to care about as he kills off others to make you feel it. I'm not going to write a plot summary since so many others have already did this. I will say that you need to read the previous books for you to get the complete pictu ...more
Drucilla
Sep 03, 2011 Drucilla rated it it was ok
Shelves: w
This is the last entry in the Violet series and as such brings us back to the first book. Numerous characters from the first book reappear and the story, while not the same, resonates with it. I had several problems with this book, the first of which being that the author never seems to cut Natalie a break. For every scrap of happiness she gets, she has to give up 10 fold. While there is a 'happy' ending to the story, it wasn't happy enough for me. (view spoiler) ...more
Dana
Mar 11, 2009 Dana rated it liked it
This is the final Violet mystery. It starts on something of an up note, because it looks like Natalie has finally found a way to use both her love of art and her Violet abilities together, as she always wanted. Unfortunately, this makes her a target for a black-ops plot within the NAACP itself. It also ties back in neatly with the Violet Killer from the first book.

Again, though, I find myself docking it a star because of how annoying the NAACP is, how bratty the daughter became, and how irritate
Christal
Jun 05, 2008 Christal rated it really liked it
This is a review of the series as whole. I really enjoyed these books. They were all fast-paced with a good central mystery. The world building was unique and aptly described. Natalie, a Violet, is our main character throughout the series and she can contact the dead. Mr. Woodworth created great mysteries and infused the books with tons of suspense. Following Natalie's life and adventures was really fun and I am sad there isn't a fifth book.
Julia
Jul 14, 2010 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: its-a-series
I really liked From Black Rooms more that the previous installment In Golden Blood. I really loved the whole art history bit of the book. Also, I really liked that Natalie is having better lucked with men since Dan died. Callie is becoming quite a fun character and I'm hoping that there are more books just so I can see what happens to her. I did have a small problem with how it ender because unlike the first 3 books there were so many loose ends. Hoping for more in this series!
Paula
Jan 18, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the final book as much as the others. I wish Woodworth would write more.

Someone is experimenting on the general public and trying to turn them into Violets, but there seems to be something missing. Dr. Wax kills all the subjects then is killed himself. Dr. Pancrit knows that Wax knew more than he was willing to expose so Pancrit has Natalie Lindstrom kidnapped with her daughter to force Wax to reveal what he knows.
Kelly Truelove
Apr 19, 2012 Kelly Truelove rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of action, excitiment, paranormal, fantasy, science fiction and thrilling reads
Shelves: favorites
I can't tell you how disappointed I am that still no additional books in this series have been published. I experienced a thrilling reading experience, with momentum that took me racing straight through book 4 without stopping. This is one series that you just have to read for yourself to fully appreciate.
Beth Kluesener
Mar 17, 2014 Beth Kluesener rated it liked it
This was a pretty good one and a decent ending to the series. I had read the first book so long ago, and never new about the other 3 until recently. It was fun to have some new stories and mysteries set in this world with the Violets. I have liked the main character throughout.
Misty Atkinson
Aug 03, 2015 Misty Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This book kept me guessing. It was very well written, and although the main character sometimes got on my nerves with all of her quirks, when it was all read I can still say that I like her.
Trish
Jul 28, 2013 Trish rated it liked it
The child was an annoying, ungrateful, and an insolent nuisance at times. And the fact that the mother almost instantaneously develops feelings almost automatically is annoying. Ugh.. Why did I feel the need to finish this series.
Anne Paschke
Jun 09, 2015 Anne Paschke rated it it was ok
Read this and not any of the others, but it did stand on its own. However, while the worldbuilding was interesting, the characters were awful. Flat and boring. And this book features one of the least convincing love stories I've ever read.
Candida Rodriguez
Sep 25, 2010 Candida Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Wonderfully written and well thought out plots, this is the 4th book in the Violet Eyes series. A sort of futuristic approach to the supernatural, it's a sci-fi, horror and mystery rolled up into one. I love the characters and the twists and turns through out the series. Highly recommended.
Terri Barrentine
Sep 05, 2008 Terri Barrentine rated it it was amazing
I Love this series I hope that the author does not stop and keeps them coming and fast and that!
Dina_s
Last book in the Violet series. Interesting plot in this instalment, but it didn't really take off and fell flat towards the end. Disappointing conclusion.
Meghan
Jul 30, 2008 Meghan rated it liked it
This was a fairly good read. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series the best. I am sad to hear this author won't be continuing the series.
Dascha
Mar 13, 2010 Dascha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, series
Still love the characters and concept, but this last one the series didn't keep me as involved as the previous three - so I couldn't give it a full 5 stars. Still an entertaining good read!
Miz
Mental note: Don't come into a series at the end and expect to enjoy it.
Rachel schumann
The other books in the series were better, this one just felt rushed. But I loved having a little more of this series
Deidre
What a disappointment to discover no more in this series because publisher didn't think they sold enough. Phooey.
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
Brad
Brad rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2012
Stacie
Stacie rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Jodi Pomerleau
Jodi Pomerleau rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2015
April Merrell
April Merrell rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Katherine Rodriguez
Katherine Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2008
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Bloodstone
  • Turn Me On
  • Season of Wonder
  • Terribly Twisted Tales
  • Under Witch Moon (Moon Shadows, #1)
  • Watcher of the Dark (Jeremiah Hunt, #3)
  • The Salem Witch Society
  • Fuckin' Lie Down Already
  • Stone of Destiny
  • Love Lies Bleeding
  • Deadstock
  • Strictly Analog
  • Kingdom of Cages
  • Deviations: A Detectives Seagate and Miner Mystery (Detectives Seagate and Miner Mysteries, #2)
  • Sea without a Shore (Moontide and Magic Rise, #2)
  • A Babe in Ghostland
  • Capture (Butch Karp, #21)
Stephen Woodworth is an American speculative fiction author, and a native of Fullerton, California.
More about Stephen Woodworth...

Violet Eyes (4 books)
  • Through Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • In Golden Blood (Violet Eyes, #3)