Start by marking “The Light on Hogback Hill” as Want to Read:
The Light on Hogback Hill

The Light on Hogback Hill

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When she investigates the light on Hogback Hill with her new friend Josh, Hadley finds and befriends an old woman with a tragic past.
Published September 1st 1995 by HarperTrophy (first published September 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Light on Hogback Hill, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Liz
Jul 07, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star
I love this book! Hadley is an only child living with her mother, who loves her but has little time to spend with her due to work, while her friend Josh is feeling a little stifled by his family. During their free time they attempt to solve the mystery of the light on the hill.
Marsha Laney
Mar 23, 2014 Marsha Laney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading this to the kids. A fast paced juvenile mystery. We all enjoyed it!!
Lindsey Dykema
Jan 29, 2012 Lindsey Dykema rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put down this great mystery. This story is about 2 kids named Hadley and Josh. Hadley has always wondered if someone lives on Hogback Hill. When Josh Turner a new kid comes to town he is so interested in this mystery. Hadley and Josh figure out who lives up there(if there is anyone) but that leaves more mysteries. This is a great mystery!
Kaitie
Feb 05, 2009 Kaitie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(wow, no one has read this book?)

Okay, so I read it in about third grade. The reason I remember it is because my dog Siri chewed the top right corner of the book, so I had to pay for it >.<
Lucinda
Nov 21, 2013 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
I was going back through my shelves (dusting!) and found some more books that I hadn't posted on here.

Anyway, I liked this one, the story quite is good.
Sylvia
Nov 03, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, friendship
New kid in town befriends local and they solve mystery of mysterious little house with unusual person living there.
Easton Tingey
Apr 26, 2008 Easton Tingey rated it it was amazing
i liked it it teaches you to find out about good people and be good friends
Thalia
Sep 19, 2008 Thalia rated it it was amazing
it's a great book! you should read it sometime
Kim
May 23, 2008 Kim added it
great nice mystery
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Shawna Haney
Shawna Haney rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Makenna Miller
Makenna Miller marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Blythe
Blythe added it
Jun 08, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Chloe Chiappelli
Chloe Chiappelli rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Jordan
Jordan added it
Feb 01, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Carter Platt
Carter Platt marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Lydia Dixon
Lydia Dixon marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cynthia DeFelice is the author of many bestselling titles for young readers, including the novels Wild Life, The Ghost of Cutler Creek, Signal, and The Missing Manatee, as well as the picture books, One Potato, Two Potato, and Casey in the Bath. Her books have been nominated for an Edgar Allen Poe Award and listed as American Library Association Notable Children's Books and Bank Street Best Childr ...more
More about Cynthia C. DeFelice...