Start by marking “The Light on Hogback Hill” as Want to Read:
The Light on Hogback Hill

The Light on Hogback Hill

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When she investigates the light on Hogback Hill with her new friend Josh, Hadley finds and befriends an old woman with a tragic past.
Published September 1st 1995 by HarperTrophy (first published September 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Light on Hogback Hill, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Liz
I love this book! Hadley is an only child living with her mother, who loves her but has little time to spend with her due to work, while her friend Josh is feeling a little stifled by his family. During their free time they attempt to solve the mystery of the light on the hill.
Marsha Tabor
Just finished reading this to the kids. A fast paced juvenile mystery. We all enjoyed it!!
Lindsey Dykema
I couldn't put down this great mystery. This story is about 2 kids named Hadley and Josh. Hadley has always wondered if someone lives on Hogback Hill. When Josh Turner a new kid comes to town he is so interested in this mystery. Hadley and Josh figure out who lives up there(if there is anyone) but that leaves more mysteries. This is a great mystery!
Kaitie
(wow, no one has read this book?)

Okay, so I read it in about third grade. The reason I remember it is because my dog Siri chewed the top right corner of the book, so I had to pay for it >.<
Cinward
I was going back through my shelves (dusting!) and found some more books that I hadn't posted on here.

Anyway, I liked this one, the story quite is good.
Sylvia
New kid in town befriends local and they solve mystery of mysterious little house with unusual person living there.
Easton Tingey
i liked it it teaches you to find out about good people and be good friends
Thalia
it's a great book! you should read it sometime
Kim
KN
KN added it
Jul 02, 2015
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Jan 14, 2015
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Angel Shackelford
Angel Shackelford marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Cynthia DeFelice is the author of many bestselling titles for young readers, including the novels Wild Life, The Ghost of Cutler Creek, Signal, and The Missing Manatee, as well as the picture books, One Potato, Two Potato, and Casey in the Bath. Her books have been nominated for an Edgar Allen Poe Award and listed as American Library Association Notable Children's Books and Bank Street Best Childr ...more
More about Cynthia C. DeFelice...
The Ghost of Fossil Glen Wild Life Weasel Signal The Missing Manatee