Start by marking “Sir Ryan's Quest” as Want to Read:
Sir Ryan's Quest

Sir Ryan's Quest

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  60 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Mountains, jungles, caves and monsters--but a knight must be brave. Even a very young knight in his pajamas.

Ryan sets out on a quest--from cupboard to closet to garage--then back to the kitchen where his mother prepares a royal banquet in his honor. Ryan's imagination comes to life by the hand of first time creator Jason Deeble. Stairs become mountains, closets jungles, an
Published April 14th 2009 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Sir Ryan's Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Ryan's Quest

Tasha
Apr 22, 2009 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Inspired by his toy knights and castle, Ryan creates armor out of a pot and heads out on his quest which leads him up the mountain, through a jungle, into the castle and down to a deep, dark cave. On his way, he finds different creatures who give him items to help him. All of this takes place in Ryan’s imagination as he moves through his house. Young readers will immediately understand that he is playing pretend and will eagerly wait to see what he pretends about next.

I love books where children
Kathryn
Sep 29, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Loved this one!!! It just felt very "special" to me. It's all about a little boy's quest through his house; he becomes "Sir Ryan" and has to enter deep dark dungeons and encounter scary creatures in his quest. What is so much fun is that a child's imagination is captured so wonderfully in the illustrations. The text chronicles the "quest" and the illustrations show the imagination of turning everyday household objects into the stuff of adventure and magic. (I think you can gather from the cover ...more
Rosita
This book has a young boy Ryan goes through a quest with the king of pots. So the king of pot placed him with an armor to fight in this quest. He had to seek in the jungle on the mountain. Ryan goes into the quest as a knight climb up to the mountain (as the stairway)to enter the jungle (his mother's closet)and an imaginary monster in the closet, but the knight must be brave with a suit that was his pajamas.
Jason Deeble has creator Ryan's to do a quest. The children will find a sweet illustrate
Rachel
Jul 11, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
A very cute and imaginative book about a young boy, named Sir Ryan, who goes on a quest around his house one day. He meets a king, a mysterious man in the jungle, a castle guard, and a dark cave filled with a hungry beast. To celebrate his exploration, his mom hugs him and prepares a feast. My son liked the pictures and the story. Recommended for ages 1-7, 5 stars.
Alisa
Sep 21, 2011 Alisa rated it really liked it
I admit, got this book because my husband's name is Ryan. I knew he would probably love to read it to our little boys. Has such a fun imagination this little Ryan as he goes on a quest throughout his house, and encounters the scary monsters (made out of normal things that look like monsters) in his house. Cute story.
Christine Turner
Sep 06, 2009 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
After playing with his toy knights and castle, Ryan dons a saucepan helmet and embarks on an imaginary quest through the rooms of his house.
www.hcpl.net

Shelley
Jan 18, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Cute adventure through the house of a little boy. Some big words, but great to go along with a quest-day/fort day.
Kelly
Sep 04, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Sweet story of imagination. Sir Ryan is knighted by the king of the Pots and Pans and embarks on an adventure throughout the house. Beautiful illustrations and magical sweet story.
Alice
Dec 04, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25-stars
4.25 Stars This was fun adventure book. I love the pictures, I love the words, I love the imagination! I just loved this book!!
Molly
Apr 30, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
I love stories about kids using their imaginations! Ryan finds monsters all over his kingdom but knows how to talk them into friends. Cute and something kids would enjoy re-enacting. Ages 4+
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 15, 2010 Tina Bartholoma rated it really liked it
knight, playing pretend, fantasy
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2009
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Mr. George
Mr. George rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2011
John
Jul 30, 2009 John added it
A bit lengthy but a good read.:)
Lisa Froehlich
Lisa Froehlich rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2013
Lady Ozma
Lady Ozma rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Heydi Smith
Heydi Smith rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
Hilary
Jul 29, 2009 Hilary marked it as to-read
Shelves: picture-books
Recommended at the BYU Symposium.
Kouros
Kouros rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Heather
May 13, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-library
24 months - fun and creative!
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Aranruth
Aranruth rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Linda
Jul 23, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Simple, comfortable book about a young boy's imagination and adventure.
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
elle and esme gosling
elle and esme gosling rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2014