Start by marking “Welcome Fall” as Want to Read:
Welcome Fall

Welcome Fall

From Little Scholastic comes this innovative and interactive first seasons board book.
Ages: 0-2

This bright, tactile board book celebrates a first encounter with the most colorful season: fall! Bold, simple illustrations and textures show what a child first sees, hears, touches, and feels. And no matter how windy it may be outside, this child ends up safe and snug in Daddy'
Board Book, 10 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Fall

midnightfaerie
Aug 15, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I love this book. Autumn has a special place in my heart and so this extends to my children. Any book that reinforces this is a favorite with us. Besides talking about fun fall things, like leaves changing, it's an interactive "feel" book, which allows you to feel the soft scarf pattern or touch the crinkly leaves. Both my 5 yr old and preschoolers love it for that alone. Not enough words for a level reading book, but a fun to read out loud and experience with your kids king of book.
Pamela
Aug 06, 2011 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with children
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Welcome Fall" by Jill Ackerman is a touch-and-feel book designed for babies and small toddlers who are learning about the season of fall and its characteristics. Ms. Ackerman does a great job of illustrating the highlights of fall and provides great interation for your child as you read through its pages such as the different metallic color leaves falling from the tree or the crinkly section in the big pile of leaves that the little boy loves to jump into.
I really enjoyed reading this book with
Cemeread
Apr 24, 2013 Cemeread rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Welcome Fall is a Little Scholastic board book with textures and a few flaps. It includes everything one can think of to invoke fall; apples, leaves, pumpkins, changing weather and snuggling in. The child is African American and snuggles with his Daddy, which makes this a must buy purchase for libraries. There just aren't enough good books for this age representing minorites. Well done Scholastic.
Tiera Vann
Apr 15, 2013 Tiera Vann rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read to students. This book can lead to the teacher explaining the seasons to students. This book can lead to a writing activity that focuses on factual knowledge regarding the seasons! Students will understand that "Fall" is a season that we witness every year! The students can write the four seasons and draw pictures that depict those seasons!
Ashley
Aug 28, 2013 Ashley rated it it was ok
It did have some touch & feel spots and a couple flaps to hold my two year old's attention.
I would like to see something about halloween/trick or treating in the book honestly.
I'll be honest I'm glad we borrowed it from the library instead of buying it.
It was very short.
Susan
Mar 03, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it
Literacy skills:

Print motivation-this book has so many fun things for toddlers to interact with, there are flaps and textures and sounds. This interaction will definitely help build a love of books.
Katie
Mar 30, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-books
Devin really enjoyed this one, the set up was pretty neat and i was impressed. Devin enjoyed the textures; his favorites were the crinkly leaves, and tiny apples on the apple trees.
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Victorville City Library
Victorville City Library rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Michelle Bower
Michelle Bower rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Sarah Sammis
Book didn't make enough of an impression on me or Harriet to review.
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2009
Jael
Jael rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Nanny Kids
Nanny Kids rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Sally
Sally rated it really liked it
May 06, 2010
Rory M.
Rory M. rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Brandielle
Brandielle rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Kevin Kimbrough
Kevin Kimbrough rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Ega Putri
Ega Putri rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Bennett Ethan
Bennett Ethan rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Sarette R
Sarette R rated it it was ok
May 11, 2015
Katie Ballagh
Katie Ballagh rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Casandria
Aug 27, 2015 Casandria rated it really liked it
Shelves: toddler, baby
Cute, simple intro to fall. Interactive book