Start by marking “Surf's Up ” as Want to Read:
Surf's Up
Preview

Surf's Up

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  905 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Some of today's most talented authors deliver three of the sexiest beach stories ever-of the hunks who work and play at the sizzling seashore. By no means beach bums, these irresistible guys are as ripped as the waves and smooth as the sand. No shirts required.
Published May 5th 2009 by Berkley (first published December 2nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Surf's Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surf's Up

Hmm...let's see. An interesting read, but nothing memorable.

Hot and Bothered by Janelle Denison
I picked this one up because I like Janelle Denison. It was a good, quick story...predictable and a light read. I would rate this one just warm in the heat.

Paradise Bossed by MaryJanice Davidson
My first by Davidson. It was also the first paranormal I've read. It was interesting, but maybe a little too strange for me. Nikki dies at the beginning of the story and is a ghost throughout. I didn't realize t
Christel
Nov 15, 2008 Christel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any romance reader
Bought this for 4.98 at B&N. Some of the best books I have read I found on markdown shelves. What's up with that? But 3 short stories about hunks on teh beach. WOW!!
WildAboutBones
This collection of 3 novellas is good for fans of Nina Bangs and MaryJanice Davidson as well as Janelle Denison. There are 2 paranormal romance stories and 1 straight romance story (by Denison) that take place on/near the beach.
The Nina Bangs novella takes place before My Wicked Vampire (spoiler alert!) before Taurin finds his brother. We are introduced to a new kind of were-creature, but that is to be expected in the Castle of Dark Dreams series or even at the Woo-Woo Inn, a wereshark. Who by
Elke
Jan 07, 2015 Elke rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults with open minds
Bought the book for Mary Janice Davidson.
Kept reading for the hot ans steamy heros bay all authors.
Recommend
Shannon
Hot and Bothered - Janelle Denison - 2 1/2 Stars - A short tale about love and trust. No real wow factor for me though.

Paradise Bossed - MaryJanice Davidson

Kelli
I wasn't the biggest fan of the vampire book. But entertaining, nonetheless.
Darcy
I really like Mary Janice Davidson's Betsy books, so thought I would give this one a try. The short story that she contributed was fluff, and boring fluff at that. Had I not been at work reading on a break I would have given up. Since I didn't care for this story, I didn't even read the others.
Michelle Wardhaugh
Feb 27, 2011 Michelle Wardhaugh added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Michelle by: mich@skynetbb.com
Happy accident had me reading this shortly after reading Working Men. I didn't realize that two of the stories from this collection were from the same world with some of the same characters set at a later time as two of the stories from Working Men. Fun. Humorous. Hot.
Cindy
Stories 1 & 2 [#2 is a followup to a story from Men At Work:] were enjoyable and story 3 was great - it's a Nina Bangs Sparkle Stardust story [both 2 & 3 are paranormals:], Book is hot but not erotica.
Michelle
A fun collection of novellas. They did not all center around the beach or the ocean like I thought they might but still a fun read from an author I love, MaryJanice Davidson, and two new-to-me authors.
Lavendersbluegreen
HOTHOTHOT love in the summer... add some paranorm... a taste or two of series to be added to the "to be read list"... take this book to the beach, to bed, oh just READ it!!!
Carolyn L
Janelle denison's story was good but the other to were not....they were more ghost in the past story and I couldn't get into them(MaryJanice Davidson and Nina Bangs)
Jessica Alcazar
My rating is purely based on Denison's story which was awesome because I'm not reading the other two. Apparently they have paranormal plots and I don't do paranormal.
Kathy Davie
Nina Bang's Summer Bites was lame.
MJ Davidson's Paradise Bossed was YUCK.
Janelle Denison's Hot & Bothered was cute.
Lori Whitwam
Three short stories... Really liked one, one was okay, and I didn't care for the third.
Patrice
Hot and Bothered :/
Paradise Bliss :/
Hot Summer Bites :)
Lisa
Read J. Denison's story only
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
  • Men at Work
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Perfect for the Beach
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Unwrapped
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Bayou Bad Boys
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)