Start by marking “The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic” as Want to Read:
The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic

The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Marko Djurdjevic burst onto the scene from obscurity, a passionate artist sharing his work online. This book features a treasure trove of Marko's cover illustrations plus sketches and extensive discussion about the process that has made him one of Marvel's most popular artists.
Published July 22nd 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic

(More pictures at

When I found out the book was in stock at the local Kinokuniya, I left for the bookshop immediately. It's finally here!

Marko Djurdjevic is a German illustrator who has only started drawing comic covers for Marvel since 2006. In these three years, he has amassed a ton of top quality art to create his first portfolio art book, The Marvel Art Of Marko Djurdjevic

This book features the cover art he has drawn for X-Men First Class, Blade, Thunderbolts, Daredevil, Mysti
Michael Alexander Henke
When I first started getting back into comics, Marko Djurdjevic was an artist that quickly became one of my favorites. His covers are beautiful, and tend to really stand out on the rack. His style is very much his own, and you know right away when you're looking at one of his covers. This book is filled with covers of his, along with a lot of commentary on them by the artist himself. Most of the covers in here are from before I started collecting his stuff, so a lot of it was new for me.
While quite a lot of the art showcased here is lovely, there really isn't much of the behind-the-scenes information that I like in these types of books. I was also unprepared for how cynical Djurdjevic is. He is refreshingly honest at times, though, clearly stating when he was just phoning it in.

There are some undeniably great pieces in this book, but his attitude towards most of his work seems to be one of ennui. I also get a sense he doesn't take criticism well. Anyway, pretty pictures.
Serge Pierro
An amazing collection of artwork by Marko Djurdjevic that features his cover paintings for several Marvel titles. Throughout the book he gives his thoughts on graphic design and his thoughts on the pieces. Many of the paintings feature an interesting palette choice and include preliminary concept sketches. Highly recommended for fans of painted comic art.
Beautiful artwork from the best cover artist of my life time. Marko does uses contrast of colors to make his work stand out among other painters. what made this book a favorite of mine was that Marko took the time to explain his motives for doing what he does.
Florent Jakubowski
Florent Jakubowski marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Waywards marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Filipe Alves
Filipe Alves marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Josh added it
Jul 06, 2014
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Bruno marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Thor – Padri e Figli Thor, Vol. 2 Thor Omnibus Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1 Siege Prelude