Start by marking “Animals Marco Polo Saw: An Adventure on the Silk Road (Explorers Series)” as Want to Read:
Animals Marco Polo Saw: An Adventure on the Silk Road (Explorers Series)

Animals Marco Polo Saw: An Adventure on the Silk Road (Explorers Series)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A continuation of the Explorers series by award-winning author Sandra Markle, Animals Marco Polo Saw brings to life the amazing, exotic animals Marco Polo encountered during his explorations in Asia, how the animals sometimes affected the outcome of the journey, and even helped the explorer survive!
Published April 1st 2009 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Animals Marco Polo Saw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animals Marco Polo Saw

Lisa Vegan
May 03, 2011 Lisa Vegan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in history, animals, geography, exploration, cultures
Recommended to Lisa by: Abigail A.
I think I have three other similar books on their way to me, but this is the first book in the Explorer series I’ve read. I’m so impressed with the children’s non-fiction picture books now available, this being one.

This is a superb book about Marco Polo’s travels, written & illustrated for elementary school aged children. It’s a wonderful way to learn this history.

It’s a short chapter book, and the chapters do have titles. There are 15 chapters, a glossary, a For More Information section (b
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
I picked this up because I like Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini's artwork. And I really liked the artwork. But this is also a nice early middle grade/middle grade non-fiction book on Marco Polo and some of his travels. Enjoyed this one a lot.
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
T.C. marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Jessica Robinson
Jessica Robinson marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
MaryJo marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Gundula marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Jean-Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Lisa Nagel
Lisa Nagel marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2011
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Kathryn marked it as to-read
May 24, 2010
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2010
Tracey marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2010
Sandra Markle is the author of more than two hundred children's books, which have won numerous awards, including Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book, IRA/CBC Children's Choice, NSTA/CBC Outstanding Trade Books for Children, NCTE Orbis Pictus Recommended, and ALA Notable Books for Children. She lives in Lakewood Ranch, Florida and frequently travels to schools sharing her program "Sandra Markle's Boo ...more
More about Sandra Markle...
The Case of the Vanishing Golden Frogs: A Scientific Mystery What If You Had Animal Teeth!? The Case of the Vanishing Honeybees: A Scientific Mystery Toad Weather What If You Had Animal Hair?