Start by marking “The Infernal” as Want to Read:
The Infernal

The Infernal

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Australian musician Lisa Sheehan has got life sussed, but then, one-by-one, her fans start to turn up dead, their bodies hideously mutilated, and Lisa is haunted by memories that are not her own. Can these 20th-century murders be linked to events in Elizabethan England?
Published January 1st 1997 by Arrow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Infernal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Infernal

Kait
I loved loved loved this book. It's the only book that has honestly scared me, and it was FANTASTIC.
Melanti
When I first started to read this book, enough time had elapsed since purchasing it that I'd forgotten the synopsis. So my first thought upon reading about her rock band was "Oh dear, another 'War for the Oaks'."

However, that was far from the case. It is a very dark urban fantasy and a horror novel. It centers around Lisa, who slowly begins to remember a previous life in which she was a witch, and ruminates on whether evil deeds in one life can impact you in later incarnations.

There's no Fae; in
Embla
Australian author Kim Wilkins' debut novel immediately sets the standard for her future efforts: a compelling writing style that brings forward well researched and rich stories where myths, legends and the occult sneak in the lives of contemporary, well defined characters. "The Infernal" mixes underground music with magic and the quest for eternal life: a tool for power or the road to damnation?
Sarah Rodgers
A modern story, of past lives that catch up with you. This one is a definite must for any girl that has ever wanted to escape in to another time only in this story the other time is not left behind but rather catches up to this sassy main characters present. Again another one full of fantasy and horror but exactly the right portion of both to make it extremely exciting and exhilarating. This one has been my favourite for some time……if you can get your hands on it, then don’t let it go!
Lavender Brooke
I was torn about whther to give this a 3 or 4 star rating as it has been a while since I read it. I really enjoyed the past live set in Elizabethan London but not so much parts set in 90's Australia.

It's not one that i would want to read again but enjoyed it the first ime round enough to recommend it to anyone who likes their fantasy and horror romanced up and with a twist.
Nathan
Impressive debut novel. My main criticism would be around character development - that is, the characters didn't really change over the course of the novel...or their previous lives for that matter. Still, very readable and a satisfying ending. I can see why it won an Aurealis Award for Best Horror novel.
Yvette
Absolutely loved this book. Have never read Kim Wilkins before but am glad I did. Have bought as many of her previous books as I can get my hands on.

This was one of those books that I didn't want to finish.

If you haven't read this yet, please give it a try. You are missing a treat.

Audrey
Awesome book, great time capsule of 90's gothic/rock music scene. Hilarious, true-to-life characters, over-the top spiritual elements (would you have them any other way?), accessible yet intelligent writing.
Wonderbunny
This was not my favorite Wilkins book but I enjoyed it. I didn't feel the magic in this book like I have her others.
Lee Vickers
Sep 24, 2007 Lee Vickers rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that loves entwining stories
Shelves: mymostfavourite
This is one of the few books that I actually read while waling around, it was just impossible to put down.
Cindy
she's great. I truly wish she were published in the US..not just the UK and Australia.
Ticonderoga Publications
Standard Ticonderoga Disclaimer: We published this book because we loved it!
Michele
My first Kim Wilkins read and hooked from the first page...
Michele
Brilliant!
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Amy Kuivalainen
Amy Kuivalainen marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Gladys Garcia
Gladys Garcia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Julie Croce
Julie Croce marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Oct 29, 2014
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1)
  • Sharp Shooter (Tara Sharp, #1)
  • Midnight and Moonshine
  • More Scary Kisses
  • reMIND: Volume 1
  • The Girl With No Hands (and other tales)
  • Vivia
  • Cracklescape
  • Ashes
  • Korgi Book 2: The Cosmic Collector (Bk. 2)
  • Shine Light (Night Creatures, #3)
  • Souls in the Great Machine (Greatwinter Trilogy, #1)
  • The Boats of the 'Glen Carrig'
  • The Dwelling
  • Shadowdance
  • Seven for a Secret (New Amsterdam, #2)
  • Living With Ghosts
Giants of the Frost The Autumn Castle The Veil of Gold Resurrectionists Unclaimed Heart