Start by marking “Fallen Angel ” as Want to Read:
Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Set against the twin backdrops of the modern urban ritual magic scene and the bustle and colour of Restoration London, this is a tale of angels and devils, art and lies, and sibling rivalry at its most irretrievably complicated.
Published August 8th 2002 by Orion (Gollancz)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Angel

Lavender Brooke
I Loved this book. It is creepy, atmospheric and truly original. The story is a story within a story: a young woman is being compelled by a sinister story-teller to hear the story of the daughters of John Milton who were enthralled by a fallen angel. The angel was a present from their dead mother who at first seems like a wonderful gift for the girls but soon tears them apart.

The characters are flawed and selfish, while also understable and sympathetic which of course makes them far more interes
Cheryl
The Australian title (title of the copy I read) is "Angel of Ruin", note the author also appears to be Australian.

This kind of fantasy horror is not really my cup of tea... but it was an okay read, a little predictable.
Lee Vickers
Sep 24, 2007 Lee Vickers rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: mymostfavourite
Another brilliant book by the wonderful Kim Wilkins, whilst straying from horror into fantasy, the twist on the writing of Paradise Lost is amazing. The final twist at the end is awesome.
Jill Smith
Title: Angel of Ruin (Fallen Angel)
Author: Kim Wilkins
Publisher: Harper Collins

This is a dark tale skillfully woven by this master of Gothic Horror. It starts with a simple premise Sophie Black is a journalist looking for something to write about on her return to London to get in some quick cash. She is broke and needs to pay the rent, recently broke up with her boyfriend, and feeling fragile.

Sophie decides to write a piece on the Occult cults in London. She manages to get herself invited to a
Mo
I had been looking for this book for ages. Tried ordering it from Amazon, but they had somehow eaten all their copies or something, so they couldn't ship it. Tried ordering it from other sites and the same thing happened. I found it on holiday and immediately started reading it. Because I had such high expectations of it, it didn't quite live up to it, but part of that had to do with the fact that it was a bit too long and dense to be a really good book to read whilst on holiday. Still, it was a ...more
Daniela Galati
Brilliant! Needless to say it was extremely engaging. Could not and did not want to put it down. If I could have eaten this book I would have. Absolutely love this author, in fact she is my favourite, writing as both Kim Wilkins and Kimberly Freeman.
Lynette Callaghan
so well written gave me goosebumps
Embla
Another rather amazing book by Australian fiction writer Kim Wilkins. The story is interesting and captivating, the prose fluent and each character is very well outlined. Only a couple of small (yet outstanding) mistakes towards the end slow the pace of the story but all in all the whole book is extremely enjoyable. It could've maybe been a few pages shorter, still, who's scared of a lengthy tome?!
Kait
I definitely enjoyed this book. I felt like the end was a little bit of a cop-out (I would have preferred the resolution to have been a bit more difficult for Sophie), but over all it was very good.

It wasn't as frightening as some of her other books have been, although it was certainly creepy, and there were some scenes that definitely wouldn't sit well with some readers. But I didn't need to sleep with the lights on, or just remind myself that it was a story.

Overall a very enthralling book.
Ceane
I read the Australian titled version of this book "Angel of Ruin". I like Kim Wilkins because she always puts a interesting twist on history (and she's Aussie!). This book was pretty predictable if you thought about it but it was still reasonably interesting and the "twists" where suprising enough if you didn't think about it to much. I'd reccomend it to anyone who wants a light horror novel as its not very scary but still packs a subtle punch.
Joy
Enjoyable & different. Thanks Kim
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Harry
Harry marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Bobbie Stewart
Bobbie Stewart marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Naz
Naz added it
Jun 10, 2015
Louise Smith
Louise Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Mada.N
Mada.N marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Celeste Everitt
Celeste Everitt marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Bree
Bree marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Kirralee
Kirralee marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kylie Rose
Kylie Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • The Chalice: A Glastonbury Ghost Story
  • Mean Spirit
  • The Myth Hunters (The Veil, #1)
  • Marco’s Pendulum
  • Whispers in the Dark
  • Fish, Blood and Bone
  • The Witchery (Herculine, #3)
  • Carnevale
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
  • The Edinburgh Dead
  • Personal Darkness (Blood Opera Sequence, #2)
  • Every Wish Fulfilled
  • Sympathy for the Devil
  • The Grin of the Dark
  • The Vizard Mask
  • Living with Ghosts
  • The Mall (Downside, #1)
  • Nylon Angel (Parrish Plessis, #1)
Giants of the Frost The Autumn Castle The Veil of Gold Resurrectionists Unclaimed Heart