How to Really Use Linkedin: discover the true power of LinkedIn and how to leverage it for your business and career

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews

NEW EDITION AVAILABLE: Search for "How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Second Edition - Entirely Revised)" or use http://amzn.to/li-book71.

It is vital in any economic situation to have a network to be able to fall back on, or build upon. The most valuable website giving you this on a professional level is LinkedIn.

Over 57 million people now have a profile on LinkedIn and als

Published March 4th 2009 by BookSurge Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How to Really Use Linkedin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Really Use Linkedin

Shawn Camp
Based on reviews of Jan Vermeiren's book I was hoping to gather some new nuggets of info from this book to use with my current networking with Linkedin. For the beginner this may seem useful, but for someone who has had some time to learn the facets of this area of networking it seems rehashed and repetitive. But what drove me to lower the rating even further was the poor editing throughout the book. I felt like I was reading a word document put together without being proofread. There are better...more
Tania de Winne
This book is a great hands on tool to get cracking on LinkedIn. Jan really has the knack to break the use of LinkedIn down in baby steps and in the same time give extra tips for experienced users too. Looking forward to the second book with all the updates!
Mark Polino
A well done look at LinkedIn. It did feel like authors were doing too much advertising o their other products throughout the book. I do have a small pile of item to go and review on Linked In so the book was useful.
Shantanu
Brilliant book which has helped me a lot in developing knowledge in using Linkedin. My favourite section is the one on the five fundamental principles of Networking....I must have read the book five times,,
Annemie
This book REALLY helped me start using LinkedIn. How to build a good profile (use a decent picture!), how to build my network on LinkedIn, the importance of knowing my goal(s) and starting from there, what to do and not to do with invitations, etc...

And yes, the book is dated, as it's all about an ever changing website.
BUT: Jan wrote already 2 updates (up to some 80 pages) - all for free! With (again) great tips like using SlideShare to get high rankings on Google, or how to put a movie in you...more
Peter
I like How to really use LinkedIn. It's about networking and not just about another fancy tool. It provides useful tips to build and maintain a diverse and high quality professional network. It helped me to build my personal brand and to keep in touch with interesting people. As the somewhat fancy layout distracts me, I prefer a cleaner look of the pages. But that's all a matter of taste, ofcourse.

Read my full review at: http://www.peterrobbemond.com/2013/06....
Bertverdonck
"How to REALLY use LinkedIn" is stimulating, enjoyable and informative. Jan excels at sharing valuable, pragmatic knowledge in this book. I found it to be very helpful, even for seasoned networkers or experienced LinkedIn users, like myself. I recommend this book to better understand the sound principles of networking and to learn more about the amazing power of LinkedIn. It truly is the best LinkedIn book on the planet!
James
The guy knows his way around LinkedIn but a little disappointed his strategies did not share many new or unique ideas. A quick read though, so worth picking up for some pointers.
Nasty
Nasty marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Eric Rickey
Eric Rickey marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
N
N marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Mo
Mo marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Letitia Akens
Letitia Akens is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2014
Brian Wingert
Brian Wingert marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Let's Connect!: A Practical Guide for Highly Effective Professional Networking Hoe LinkedIn nu ECHT gebruiken: ontdek de ware kracht van LinkedIn en hoe het als hefboom te gebruiken voor je bedrijf en carriere How to REALLY use LinkedIn (Second Edition - Entirely Revised)