Hearts of Three

Hearts of Three

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  462 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Francis Morgan, a wealthy heir of industrialist and Wall Street maven Richard Henry Morgan, is a jaded young New Yorker. When his father's business partner Thomas Regan suggests that Francis take a holiday in Central America, ostensibly to search for the treasure of the Morgans' legendary ancestor, Francis thinks it's a splendid idea. But he never suspects what adventures...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Gloria Mundi (first published 1911)

Gela Tevzadze
One of the best adventure novels I've ever read! Got acquainted with it sometime in early teens, and the favorable impression still persists... Can not say for sure whether re-reading will improve or even maintain this perception, but definitely a great reading for formative years.
Anya Levkovich
Loved this book as a kid.. While I read it in Russian. Loved it even more now as an adult in its original language!
Yulia Ovsyannikova
finally!
my own happy end.
Maryna
upretentios good story.
Heather
Jack London's novelization of an early series of adventure screenplays. Nonstop action of the ridiculous and debonair kind (and somewhat racist in that written-by-a-white-guy-in-1916 way). Indiana Jones owes a debt to the Messrs. Morgan. I feel like I should have worked a lot of exclamation points into this review.
Vrani_Volosa
Доста по-различно от това,което досега съм чела на Лондон, но и той сам си го казва. Изключително интересна книга, има малко мелодрама, но нещата са представени по възможно най-добрия начин, самия превод също мн ми допадна, точно в негов стил. Препоръчвам.
Borys
Mar 20, 2011 Borys rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids, teens, adults who want some adventure
Fine book if you'd like just to sit back and relax a bit. You deeply immersed in the strange world of adventure, romance, and treasure hunting -- time will fly ;) So, be warned!
Esmira Serova
One of my favorite adventure novels, which I re-read from time to time if I feel nostalgic.
Ludmirska
Favourite childhood book! time to read again!
☯Bettie☯
The story got away from the author at points but the enthusiasm and romance never falters. Not especially 'kewl' for today's readers but I was immersed.

4.5*
Marko
For once, London was not writing about Alaska.
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nathan TerMolen
Nathan TerMolen marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Nadzeja Zmachinskaia
Nadzeja Zmachinskaia marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Turkel Karimli
Turkel Karimli marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Bordian Veaceslav
Bordian Veaceslav marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
  • Osceola the Seminole: The Red Fawn of the Flower Land
  • Two Captains
  • Montezuma's Daughter
  • Consuelo
  • Тимур и его команда
  • Chicot the Jester (The Last Valois, #2)
  • A Story about a Real Man
  • Professor Dowell's Head
  • Желтый туман (Волшебник Изумрудного города, #5)
  • Алые паруса
  • Captain Blood Returns
  • Snowfall
  • Власть несбывшегося (Лабиринты Ехо, #6)
  • In Search of the Castaways; or the Children of Captain Grant
  • Волкодав (Волкодав, #1)
  • Gobseck
  • Golden Calf
  • Обитаемый остров
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti...more
More about Jack London...
The Call of the Wild White Fang The Call of the Wild/White Fang The Call of the Wild, White Fang and Other Stories (World's Classics) The Sea Wolf