Start by marking “Hearts of Three” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Three

Hearts of Three

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  686 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Francis Morgan, a wealthy heir of industrialist and Wall Street maven Richard Henry Morgan, is a jaded young New Yorker. When his father's business partner Thomas Regan suggests that Francis take a holiday in Central America, ostensibly to search for the treasure of the Morgans' legendary ancestor, Francis thinks it's a splendid idea. But he never suspects what adventures ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Gloria Mundi (first published 1911)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts of Three

- I might be biased, because this book is one of those spell-binding gems that stole my heart when I was a kid
- Who doesn't like a tale of adventure and treasure seeking? This book right here has it all, including secret passages, deadly traps, old map... Indiana Jones, eat your heart out
- London writes great women. Considering that the novel was published in 1911 both Leoncia and the Lady Who Dreams feel modern, and there is practically no sexism so typical in literature of that period. His her
'Hearts of Three' by Jack London is an adventure story that contains almost everything you need for a great adventure story: treasure, high-minded protagonists, beautiful woman, Indigenous people with their rituals, devious antagonists, triumph of justice, etc. Although I put only two stars for this book, I'd like to mention that it does not mean that I did not like the book, beacuse according to Goodreads rating system two stars mean the book was ok. So, yes, this book was just ok.
To my mind,
Gela Tevzadze
One of the best adventure novels I've ever read! Got acquainted with it sometime in early teens, and the favorable impression still persists... Can not say for sure whether re-reading will improve or even maintain this perception, but definitely a great reading for formative years.
Anya Levkovich
Loved this book as a kid.. While I read it in Russian. Loved it even more now as an adult in its original language!
Yulia Ovsyannikova
my own happy end.
Ekon Pastelo
Interesting, brethtaking. A must read for young adolescents
Jack London's novelization of an early series of adventure screenplays. Nonstop action of the ridiculous and debonair kind (and somewhat racist in that written-by-a-white-guy-in-1916 way). Indiana Jones owes a debt to the Messrs. Morgan. I feel like I should have worked a lot of exclamation points into this review.
Great book! Really enjoyed reading it, which was a surprise for me. At first, I thought it was going to be boring, but after reading 3 chapters I could not stop reading. It was such an interesting and fun book to read that I feel like I want to read it again soon.
Доста по-различно от това,което досега съм чела на Лондон, но и той сам си го казва. Изключително интересна книга, има малко мелодрама, но нещата са представени по възможно най-добрия начин, самия превод също мн ми допадна, точно в негов стил. Препоръчвам.
“Cînd adîncimile albastre se zbat şi gem înfiorate
Si-a mării spumă vînturată ne este-n faţă azvîrlită,
Alături de catargul mare nepăsători stăm spate-n spate
Si stăpînind ca şi doi demoni, întreaga hoardă razvrătită.”
upretentios good story.
Mar 20, 2011 Borys rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids, teens, adults who want some adventure
Fine book if you'd like just to sit back and relax a bit. You deeply immersed in the strange world of adventure, romance, and treasure hunting -- time will fly ;) So, be warned!
Esmira Serova
One of my favorite adventure novels, which I re-read from time to time if I feel nostalgic.
Favourite childhood book! time to read again!
The story got away from the author at points but the enthusiasm and romance never falters. Not especially 'kewl' for today's readers but I was immersed.

For once, London was not writing about Alaska.
Emma marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Mikhail Kulakov
Mikhail Kulakov is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2015
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Natalia Glazman
Natalia Glazman marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Olya is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
  • The Quadroon
  • Two Captains
  • Chicot the Jester (The Last Valois, #2)
  • Далекая радуга
  • Montezuma's Daughter
  • Der Feuergott der Marranen (Zauberland, #4)
  • Тимур и его команда
  • Иван Васильевич
  • A Story about a Real Man
  • Денискины рассказы
  • Приключения майора Звягина
  • Сказки старого Вильнюса (Сказки старого Вильнюса, #1)
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti
More about Jack London...