Start by marking “The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)” as Want to Read:
The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)

The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett Family #3)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Pete Bennett: this maverick playboy revels in the thrill of the chase. He never falls for a girl; she falls for him, and he's the one to walk away....In Greece for the summer, Serena can't resist the glint of sin in Pete's eyes. Soon the baddest of boys has made her his Greek island mistress....Their supposedly temporary affair is hot and heavy. But one month in, Pete shou ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress

Jacqueline
Dec 05, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Harlequin Presents lovers
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Lady Danielle
I loved this book. The writing was amazing. I loved the witty repartee. I loved the interior monologues the characters had. I loved the metaphors and beautiful descriptions of the surroundings.

The book was mostly happy and charming. The characters were modern in their attitudes. The hero was a great guy, not an ass at all. The heroine was a sexy, funny, self confident, smart woman.

As usual, the title had little to do with the book. She was not a mistress at all. They had a mutual relationship th
Ridley
This series from Hunter has been consistently fantastic, but they're really not Presents. They're too funny, the heroes too middle-class (well, except for the first book), the heroines neither virginal nor sexually inexperienced and the relationship dynamic too even-footed. They're not stories where a heroine's swept off her naive feet by a domineering hero who has to have her. They're cute stories about two people finding love where they least expect to.

But I loved this story about an Australia
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This book was upbeat and entertaining with snappy dialogue. I thought that Pete and Serena were a good couple. I don't go for the no-strings attached theme very much, but I liked how it was made very clear as the story progressed that neither party was able to adhere to that qualification. I also liked how the islanders interfered with their plans for hot rendezvous, since Serena is half-Greek, and it's a small Greek island on which her grandparents are very prominent citizenry, and they are old ...more
Ana
The book was rather good, the h/h are likeable. The only thing that bothered me is the Serena's reaction to the Pete's proposal, but her way of making up for it was good, and in the end I didn't hate her, which for me is a rare thing, I tend to hold a grudge when a character annoys me.

As I already mentioned I love the hero's family, and I really want to read Jake's book, poor guy, everybody keeps asking him for advice in women, and he himself has problems with love.

Another charming thing are the
Donna
Absolutely one of the best of this type of book I have read. If I had found this in a combo selection with another book, it would be a worthwhile purchase. The characters are well developed and interesting. And the storyline has meaning. Sometimes these type can be so short you feel the events were rushed. But I though this was paced perfectly for the story it contained. Great main and secondary characters that you want to spend time with and get to know more about. I will definitely read someth ...more
Paula Legate
If you want a light fluffy romance to escape reality for a little while, this is it. Serena was part of a big Greek family that is very protective of Serena. Everyone in her family has to take a turn and spend time on the island running the business for their grandparents. It just so happens to be Serena, and her cousins Nikon turn. The island is beautiful, but nothing ever changes. Serena is counting down the weeks she has left on the island. She is ready to follow her dreams. She wants to be a ...more
Leona
What a charming book! It was funny and upbeat. The H/h were absolutely wonderful. The descriptions of the Greek Isles made you feel like you were right there and the eccentricities of the locals was hilarious. I felt like I was right there witnessing everything. I especially liked the secondary romance between Nico and Chloe.

This was a wonderful change of pace from the very tension filled typical HP reads. I needed this fun light hearted romp.

Well done Kelly Hunter!
Saly
Pete is the pilot of the family whose job in search and rescue took a toll on him and now he's helping a friend out and that is when he meets the heroine, who is doing her duty as a granddaughter and helping her grandparents out. She likes the little island she is on but is is restrictive and she wants to pursue her dream of photography, so she tells Pete they will keep things light but from the start Pete knows he can't, Serena just gets to him and sees through him. I loved the fact that the he ...more
Chachic
I found this third installment in the series more enjoyable than the second one even though the conflict in both books were kind of similar (the MCs trying to figure out career choices while considering whether they should make room for a significant other in their lives). I really liked the Greek island setting with descriptions like this:

"They ate from the picnic table in the courtyard, with the cottage nestled into the hillside behind them and the sea spread out before them like a promise."

"T
Li
I love how Kelly Hunter writes strong alpha males coupled with women who give just as good as they get. As usual, the main romance was wonderfully convincing and sizzling, but the secondary romance and subplot was just as good. I loved the setting in this book as well - it had the great small-town feel, in this case, the small town being a Greek island populated with relatives and friends.
Jane Stewart
It’s ok. It’s like a lot of other romances. Nothing really unique. It’s about half the length of a typical romance novel.

STORY BRIEF:
Serena’s family lives in Australia and her grandparents live on Sathi a small Greek Island. The various grandchildren and other relatives take turns spending six months running the grandparents’ business of renting Vespa motorbikes to tourists. The grandparents are too old to run the business but they won’t give it up. Serena plans to get a job as a photojournalist
Carrie
Fun! I've enjoyed this entire series so far. I love the humor in Hunter's books. She has a way with dialogue. If you don't take yourself or the books too seriously, they are a fun, fast diversion.
Marg
And another sigh.

And yes, after reading 4 of her books in 3 days I guess I am now a Kelly Hunter fan. Still have another 3 to go.
Penney
I really enjoyed this book, It's romance and suspense and the characters were amazing!
Elisabeth
A lot of fun - another Bennet brother - Pete the pilot.

This one takes place on a greek island so lots of sun, sand, surf. Cute couple, assorted nosy neighbours trying to protect Serena's virtue. A secondary romance with a small child that just needs to be loved and cute ending with the rest of the Bennet brothers.
Estara
Elizabeth
I liked this one and all the fun characters from the island.
Melissa Maxwell
I loved this one as well. Pete and Serena both don't want anything serious because both did not know we're they would be after the summer. But from the first kiss it was more because two souls connected and that's hard dismiss even when it is inconvenient. I loved the island folk because of how they keep trying to interfere. I loved the ending though it did not go as expected.
Adina
I liked the men in this book, but the women were a bit annoying (except for Mrs. Papadopoulos, she's cool). It felt like the author was trying too hard to make the heroine, Serena, a modern, independent woman. Her cousin, Nico, seemed like a much more genuine character.
Freda mans
This was a nice quick afternoon delight. It had a nice amount of romance, without it being erotic, and a great side story that I fell right into. I really enjoyed the author and the style at which the book was written. Definitely a decent read!
Hilly
3 stars.

Again, not my favorite in the series.

Subsequently republished under the title: Taken By The Bad Boy.
Andrea
Aug 08, 2010 Andrea rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Andrea by: I received a review copy of this book from Tell Harlequin
Ok this book was really light-hearted and fun but of course it was a typical rather uninteresting romance. The only reason I gave it two stars was because KH actually has a sense of humor and it showed it was funny. That's it.
Beth - ;)
Another book I would not have chosen myself. It was sent by Harlequin to read and then complete a survey. I debated just tossing it but kept reading and finally finished it.
Diane
i SO like the fact that the hero and heroine are NOT billionaires/royalty/business magnates, but real-type people with real-type problems. they DESERVED their HEA!
Kelly
In some books like this one I found that I was more interested in the characters then the actual story. It was kind of repetitive and not that thrilling in any way.
Ana
Fun light read. Nothing amazing. I did like that Hunter wrote both a strong male as female leads.
Ltlmer2
Loved the banter---from all the characters. A well written quick read.
Yvette
Little bit of a heart breaker this one was. Nice plotting. Smexy sex.
Jasmine
didn't finish
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester #2)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • Bring Him Home
  • Front Page Affair
  • The Last Goodbye (Going Back #30)
  • Mistress for a Weekend
  • Untamed Billionaire, Undressed Virgin
  • Not For Sale
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.
More about Kelly Hunter...
The One That Got Away The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1) Wife for a Week (Bennett #1) Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1) What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)