Start by marking “The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)” as Want to Read:
The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)

The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett Family #3)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Pete Bennett: this maverick playboy revels in the thrill of the chase. He never falls for a girl; she falls for him, and he's the one to walk away....In Greece for the summer, Serena can't resist the glint of sin in Pete's eyes. Soon the baddest of boys has made her his Greek island mistress....Their supposedly temporary affair is hot and heavy. But one month in, Pete shou ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress

Jacqueline
Dec 05, 2010 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harlequin Presents lovers
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Lady Danielle
I loved this book. The writing was amazing. I loved the witty repartee. I loved the interior monologues the characters had. I loved the metaphors and beautiful descriptions of the surroundings.

The book was mostly happy and charming. The characters were modern in their attitudes. The hero was a great guy, not an ass at all. The heroine was a sexy, funny, self confident, smart woman.

As usual, the title had little to do with the book. She was not a mistress at all. They had a mutual relationship th
Ridley
This series from Hunter has been consistently fantastic, but they're really not Presents. They're too funny, the heroes too middle-class (well, except for the first book), the heroines neither virginal nor sexually inexperienced and the relationship dynamic too even-footed. They're not stories where a heroine's swept off her naive feet by a domineering hero who has to have her. They're cute stories about two people finding love where they least expect to.

But I loved this story about an Australia
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This book was upbeat and entertaining with snappy dialogue. I thought that Pete and Serena were a good couple. I don't go for the no-strings attached theme very much, but I liked how it was made very clear as the story progressed that neither party was able to adhere to that qualification. I also liked how the islanders interfered with their plans for hot rendezvous, since Serena is half-Greek, and it's a small Greek island on which her grandparents are very prominent citizenry, and they are old ...more
Ana
Mar 19, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it
The book was rather good, the h/h are likeable. The only thing that bothered me is the Serena's reaction to the Pete's proposal, but her way of making up for it was good, and in the end I didn't hate her, which for me is a rare thing, I tend to hold a grudge when a character annoys me.

As I already mentioned I love the hero's family, and I really want to read Jake's book, poor guy, everybody keeps asking him for advice in women, and he himself has problems with love.

Another charming thing are the
Jess
AGAIN, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE MISTRESS TO BE HAD IN THIS BOOK.

What there is instead is a small town community that is both loving and oppressive and two people who try to discreetly be involved with no strings attached, only to have that blow up in their faces when they fall in love. There is also a positively dreamy secondary romance that I would have happily read an entire book about.

This was just fun. Katie, read this one.
Donna
Absolutely one of the best of this type of book I have read. If I had found this in a combo selection with another book, it would be a worthwhile purchase. The characters are well developed and interesting. And the storyline has meaning. Sometimes these type can be so short you feel the events were rushed. But I though this was paced perfectly for the story it contained. Great main and secondary characters that you want to spend time with and get to know more about. I will definitely read someth ...more
Paula Legate
Jul 16, 2014 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
If you want a light fluffy romance to escape reality for a little while, this is it. Serena was part of a big Greek family that is very protective of Serena. Everyone in her family has to take a turn and spend time on the island running the business for their grandparents. It just so happens to be Serena, and her cousins Nikon turn. The island is beautiful, but nothing ever changes. Serena is counting down the weeks she has left on the island. She is ready to follow her dreams. She wants to be a ...more
Leona
May 02, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
What a charming book! It was funny and upbeat. The H/h were absolutely wonderful. The descriptions of the Greek Isles made you feel like you were right there and the eccentricities of the locals was hilarious. I felt like I was right there witnessing everything. I especially liked the secondary romance between Nico and Chloe.

This was a wonderful change of pace from the very tension filled typical HP reads. I needed this fun light hearted romp.

Well done Kelly Hunter!
Saly
Pete is the pilot of the family whose job in search and rescue took a toll on him and now he's helping a friend out and that is when he meets the heroine, who is doing her duty as a granddaughter and helping her grandparents out. She likes the little island she is on but is is restrictive and she wants to pursue her dream of photography, so she tells Pete they will keep things light but from the start Pete knows he can't, Serena just gets to him and sees through him. I loved the fact that the he ...more
Chachic
Aug 31, 2014 Chachic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I found this third installment in the series more enjoyable than the second one even though the conflict in both books were kind of similar (the MCs trying to figure out career choices while considering whether they should make room for a significant other in their lives). I really liked the Greek island setting with descriptions like this:

"They ate from the picnic table in the courtyard, with the cottage nestled into the hillside behind them and the sea spread out before them like a promise."

"T
Li
I love how Kelly Hunter writes strong alpha males coupled with women who give just as good as they get. As usual, the main romance was wonderfully convincing and sizzling, but the secondary romance and subplot was just as good. I loved the setting in this book as well - it had the great small-town feel, in this case, the small town being a Greek island populated with relatives and friends.
Jane Stewart
May 12, 2011 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
It’s ok. It’s like a lot of other romances. Nothing really unique. It’s about half the length of a typical romance novel.

STORY BRIEF:
Serena’s family lives in Australia and her grandparents live on Sathi a small Greek Island. The various grandchildren and other relatives take turns spending six months running the grandparents’ business of renting Vespa motorbikes to tourists. The grandparents are too old to run the business but they won’t give it up. Serena plans to get a job as a photojournalist
Carrie
Fun! I've enjoyed this entire series so far. I love the humor in Hunter's books. She has a way with dialogue. If you don't take yourself or the books too seriously, they are a fun, fast diversion.
Marg
Nov 07, 2011 Marg rated it really liked it
And another sigh.

And yes, after reading 4 of her books in 3 days I guess I am now a Kelly Hunter fan. Still have another 3 to go.
Penney
Aug 10, 2010 Penney rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, It's romance and suspense and the characters were amazing!
Ms_prue
Nov 16, 2015 Ms_prue rated it really liked it
Too many titles... I know, there is a long-standing tradition of vaguely misleading veering into wildly inaccurate titles on HP/M&B stories. It goes with the long-standing tradition of the couple on the cover bearing only passing similarity to the description of the couple in the text. Less exciting but more accurate titles for this book include "Aussies in Greece with Helicopters" and "My Tiny Remote Greek Village's Conspiracy to Thwart My Island Affair". As with the first two books the rel ...more
Elisabeth
May 09, 2014 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot of fun - another Bennet brother - Pete the pilot.

This one takes place on a greek island so lots of sun, sand, surf. Cute couple, assorted nosy neighbours trying to protect Serena's virtue. A secondary romance with a small child that just needs to be loved and cute ending with the rest of the Bennet brothers.
Estara
Apr 06, 2013 Estara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2013
Katie
This was a really good one! Likable characters, very believable romance, and IDK. It was all just NICE.
Elizabeth
Aug 24, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I liked this one and all the fun characters from the island.
Bungluna
Jan 13, 2016 Bungluna rated it it was ok
Shelves: category
Did not hold my attention.
Melissa Maxwell
Feb 15, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
I loved this one as well. Pete and Serena both don't want anything serious because both did not know we're they would be after the summer. But from the first kiss it was more because two souls connected and that's hard dismiss even when it is inconvenient. I loved the island folk because of how they keep trying to interfere. I loved the ending though it did not go as expected.
Adina
Aug 17, 2010 Adina rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-erotica
I liked the men in this book, but the women were a bit annoying (except for Mrs. Papadopoulos, she's cool). It felt like the author was trying too hard to make the heroine, Serena, a modern, independent woman. Her cousin, Nico, seemed like a much more genuine character.
Freda Labianca
Sep 14, 2010 Freda Labianca rated it liked it
This was a nice quick afternoon delight. It had a nice amount of romance, without it being erotic, and a great side story that I fell right into. I really enjoyed the author and the style at which the book was written. Definitely a decent read!
Hilly
Feb 28, 2013 Hilly rated it liked it
3 stars.

Again, not my favorite in the series.

Subsequently republished under the title: Taken By The Bad Boy.
Andrea
Aug 08, 2010 Andrea rated it it was ok
Recommended to Andrea by: I received a review copy of this book from Tell Harlequin
Ok this book was really light-hearted and fun but of course it was a typical rather uninteresting romance. The only reason I gave it two stars was because KH actually has a sense of humor and it showed it was funny. That's it.
Beth - ;)
Aug 10, 2010 Beth - ;) rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
Another book I would not have chosen myself. It was sent by Harlequin to read and then complete a survey. I debated just tossing it but kept reading and finally finished it.
Diane
Aug 25, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
i SO like the fact that the hero and heroine are NOT billionaires/royalty/business magnates, but real-type people with real-type problems. they DESERVED their HEA!
Kelly
Apr 21, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok
In some books like this one I found that I was more interested in the characters then the actual story. It was kind of repetitive and not that thrilling in any way.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester #2)
  • Front Page Affair
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Sister Swap
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • First Comes Baby
  • A Man Like Mac
  • The Bride's Awakening
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi #3)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.
More about Kelly Hunter...

Bennett Family (5 books)
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • Bedded for Diamonds (Bennett 2)
  • Untameable Rogue (Bennett #4)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)