Start by marking “Torture at the Back Forty: The Gang Rape and Slaying of Margaret Anderson” as Want to Read:
Torture at the Back Forty: The Gang Rape and Slaying of Margaret Anderson

Torture at the Back Forty: The Gang Rape and Slaying of Margaret Anderson

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The true story of the pool table rape and murder of Margaret Anderson. Left for dead, practically beheaded in a manure pile, Margaret fights for life. But in the end, the single mother leaves behind a son. Author Dauplaise practically makes Margaret blow a breath at readers as he recreates the night she was killed. He then takes readers to the place she was trying to escap ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Titletown Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Torture at the Back Forty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torture at the Back Forty

♥ Marlene♥
This is what i wrote on amazon, wonder if they will publish it.

Well I am shocked by all those raving reviews. I am so disappointed with this book just because of them. I expected a great book but it wasn't great at all. The author just touched a little bit on the crime (they did not really know what really happened) People say they got to know the victim Margaret? well not at all. Maybe 1 chapter was about her but then you still do not really get to know her.
Most chapters are (it is a very shor
Rebecca
I was expecting alot more. I'm so disappointed that the author was so dry & uninteresting in telling this story. Very disappointed that there wasn't more background info in regards to Margaret & the assholes that took her life. Alot of confusion with sooo many people mentioned & sooo many lies, very hard to keep track of what was going on & who's who. Most of all i'm pissed off that 2 of those fuckers are already out of prison, 1 is being released next January & the piece of ...more
Erica Schintgen
Extremely sad that this happened in my community. I don't remember this story because I was too young at the time it happened. I became interested in the story when one of the men was coming up on parole. I googled the story and came upon this book by Mike Dauplaise. I could not put it down. The amount of depravity exhibited by these men is unfathomable. I feel for the family she left behind. No one's life should end this way. If you like true crime stories than this one is for you.
Roxanne
Brought back a lot of memories. I was a little girl at the time this murder occurred, but it was close to my home and at the time I remember a very "ugly" feeling in the community because of the murder. The author did a great job. It makes you think about how things could have ended up differently if just one person acted differently. Sad situation.
Shirley
Not a bad summary of a complex crime chase, but it was kind of dry since it basically stated facts about the case. I was expecting more of a "story" with background about Margaret Anderson and her involvement with these evil men. It is an accurate summary of police court actions regarding the case and very detailed. Not my kind of book!
Doug
Doug marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Renee' Vanden boom
Renee' Vanden boom marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Trisha Williams
Trisha Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Janine Tobis
Janine Tobis marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Karen Hughes
Karen Hughes marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Kim Christl
Kim Christl marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Torture at the Back Forty Golf Kauai: A Detailed Guide to Golf Courses on Hawaii's Garden Isle Bodyguard to the Packers