Start by marking “Highland Belle (Devereaux Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highland Belle (Devereaux Family, #1)

Highland Belle (Devereux Family #1)

Wed through an arranged marriage to a tyrannical Scot, Brigette Devereux picked up her pride and left. Her hair was red as a fox, her skin smooth as silk. Her pure complexion belied her fiery heart and her turbulent past. Her quest for freedom flung her straight into the embrace of Lord Iain MacArthur. She was rebellious; he was consuming. He was treacherous and she was no ...more
Published August 18th 2008 by (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Belle

Sólo por lo que me divertí con esta novela se merece una estrella extra. La historia no es nada del otro mundo, pero la disfruté mucho (y eso que no me aburren las tramas de escoceses). Personajes entrañables y una trama muy entretenida.
Carol Storm
This was Patricia Grasso's first book. And it's pretty good. But DESERT EDEN is her best ever. Oh, and the fox on the cover is not just there for decoration -- he's an important part of the story. Foxes are my favorite animals aside from frogs and deer. They're sexy!
A bela espevitada, sem-papas-na-língua e esperta Brigette tem seu casamento arranjado com o Escocês Iain MacArthur, que por conta dos seus deveres como herdeiro, já que o irmão mais velho morreu, envia seu irmão Percy para representá-lo e ela se sente indignada e se casa de luto e é a partir daí que essa tumultuada relação se desenvolve. A caminho para a Escócia, ela foge e é encontrada por seu marido, que dá nome outro nome e logo se veem envolvidos em uma louca paixão. E ele, exercendo seus di ...more
Dec 12, 2014 Onelovestorie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-ages, horrible

The book was so horrible, I created a new shelf for such books in the future.

The writing was awful. The author uses so many modern words it gets to the point where I don't even feel like I'm reading a historical, (minus all the scots burr, which was just as atrocious).

The h is TSTL. If TSTL had a baby and the father was an airhead, this would be the result of those two genes merging. And thats about all in her corner.

The H is a somewhat more meatier than TSTL, but not that far off. His characte
Jul 05, 2015 bell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was just so much going on in this book that it became unbearable. It could have been so good, but the writing just wasn't there. The heroine was a spoiled brat who's personality changed like the wind. The entire plot was basically her running away and getting caught by enemies every other chapter. You would think she would learn the first few times.
Her husband hits her numerous times,(which growing up on 1980's romances, doesn't bother me, its just a book for crying out loud) but even I f
Regan Walker
Adventures in 16th Century Scotland

This is one of those books that begins rather well with a heroine betrothed to a man she does not want to wed and the prospect of Scotland was a plus but this heroine was troubling and the story dragged in places. I put it down several times.

First published in 1991, this is the first in the Devereux family series. Set in 1564, when Mary Queen of Scots was engaged in some controversial behavior, this is the story of Brigette Devereux, daughter of an English earl
Jul 16, 2014 Hillary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of my favorites
Oct 17, 2014 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read
Aug 20, 2014 Yona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, highland
I wasn't sure about this one at the begging but in the end I liked it very much.
Vera rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Abigail marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Geo Marcovici
Geo Marcovici marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Alina Geambasu
Alina Geambasu rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Carla rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Gail marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Goddes G
Goddes G marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Andy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Erin marked it as to-read
Amy  M. Brobst
Amy M. Brobst marked it as to-read
Sara Sackey
Sara Sackey marked it as to-read
Ani Doykinska
Ani Doykinska rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Janet added it
Aug 25, 2016
Karina_d2m marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Clara Hernández
Clara Hernández rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Monique Hoggard
Monique Hoggard marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Rachel is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2016
  • My Wicked Enchantress
  • The Lover
  • A Touch So Wicked (Sin Trilogy, #3)
  • The Fraser Bride (Highland Rogues, #1)
  • The Rake's Mistress (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
  • The Storm and the Splendor
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • My Lord Conqueror
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • Enticed
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Somerhart, #1)
  • The Windflower
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Devil's Mistress
  • Wicked Promise (Clayton, #1)
  • The Rebellious Ward (Regency, #2)
  • Simply Scandalous
  • Heaven Forbids
I'm a dog person. Who lives with 10 cats. Get the picture?

My first brush with the romance genre happened in my high school junior year. I discovered Gone With the Wind and hid it behind my American history book to read during class. (The Civil War is American history.) The ambiguous ending left me dissatisfied, though. Rhett and Scarlet needed a happily-ever-after. Believing in happily-ever-afters
More about Patricia Grasso...

Devereux Family (6 books)
  • Emerald Enchantment (Devereaux Family, #2)
  • Desert Eden (Devereaux Family #3)
  • Love in a Mist (Devereaux Family, #4)
  • Courting an Angel (Devereux Family, #5)
  • My Heart's Desire (Devereux Family, #6)