Start by marking “Bound to Him (Bound, #2)” as Want to Read:

Bound to Him (Bound #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,134 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Genre: BDSM LGBT Erotic Historical
Previous Book: Bound by Deception

Lord Vincent Prescot's life couldn't be better. Thriving investments, well-respected by his peers, and mind blowing sex with a man who submits to his every desire -- what more could he want?

Lord Oliver Marsden should be more than happy with his life. He's been in love with Vincent for over a decade and six

ebook
Published April 28th 2009 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Him

The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie DeeThe Magpie Lord by K.J. CharlesWiddershins by Jordan L. HawkDowntime by Tamara AllenBound by Deception by Ava March
Best Gay Historical Romance
8th out of 474 books — 870 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsFish & Chips by Abigail RouxPromises by Marie Sexton
The Best of Gay Romance
144th out of 2,391 books — 2,510 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
May 03, 2009 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All of my friends here. Read Bound by Deception first!
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Ava March is an automatic buy for me
This is another book I would rate higher than 5 stars. Ugh! I hate limitations!

I was so anxious to read this book. Bound by Deception is one of my all time favorite books. I had fallen under Oliver and Vincent’s spell, and was so excited when I found out Ava was continuing their story. I felt like we had to wait forever until Bound to Him was released. After I read it, it was worth the wait! I don't want to spoil the book, so I'll tread as light as I can with this review.

Shhhh…I have a confessio
Ana_P
Ok, so, this was Oliver and Vincent's story, part two.

Ms. March's writing was still pretty damn awesome.

Vincent and Oliver were still hot...
and kinky.
*fans self*

I am happy to say that Vincent's character improved for me. He definitely made leaps and bounds in accepting his preference for men and not being so ashamed of it. Also, he finally managed to stand up to his arsehole of a father.

But...but...there is always a
description

Vincent does finally admit the he has feelings for Oliver. However, it seems lik
Aleksandr Voinov
This is a captivating little novella which I enjoyed and kept reading well past bedtime (so much for 'first five pages'). The characters are well-drawn and the writing is fully engrossing. The text has just the right amount of period detail that shows that the author knows her period, and watching a great writer spin their yarn is always enjoyable, regardless of the plot or the time period. I'm not well-versed in the Regency, but I found the setting believable as presented. The characters are in ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Okay, Bound to Him has to be even better than Bound by Deception. The emotions Oliver and Vincent were feeling, felt so real to me. I didn't want to put down the book once I started.

With this continuation, we get a deeper look into the relationship Oliver and Vincent have 6 months after they became lovers in Bound by Deception. We get a better look at the responsibilities Vincent takes on so he can earn respect from his father. How Vincent's decision, and his lack of accepting himself again, put
Bookwatcher
Vincent and Oliver will have to be apart...

Yes... it's the start of this book. Vincent going back to London after some time away from Oliver.

I was stunned... that was my feelings for most of the book. Vincent is now so damn annoying with his adoration of his father! He will not only keep fighting against his "unaccepted" love for another man, but now will be in deeply shit (pardon my French, but it's true) being promised to married.

So, more drama, and now believe me there will be FINALLY a dr
Maggie
Aug 21, 2009 Maggie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Bound by Deception by Ava March
I wasn't sure if I would like this book as much as Bound by Deception, but I did! Ms. March did an excellent job of getting our Oliver and Vincent together with a satisfying ending. I only hope that Shayne is able to chain Ava to her computer so she can write more about these two glorious men! I would love to read more about them!
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This book is the sequel to Bound by Deception, a book I loved very much. We meet Vincent and Oliver six months after the end of the previous book.

Oliver has been loving Vincent for years and he finally has him, but he's not satisfied with their relationship. He wants something more than sex, he wants his love to be acknowledged by Vincent, he wants Vincent to reciprocate his feelings. He therefore stands up against Vincent and voices his emotion. It's something I would have never expected from O
Elisa Rolle
I don't know, but I have the feeling that Ava March wanted to prove that she can write an accurate gay historical romance... the previous book, Bound by Deception was really good, but, maybe since it was short, or maybe since it was only the starting of a relationship, when all the odds seem smaller, reader actually didn't indulge in wondering if there was historical accuracy.

Lord Oliver and Lord Vincent were in love, Lord Oliver deceived Lord Vincent but only for love, and at the end of the nov
Matimate
I grabbed this novella with hunger of one who starved for historical gay fiction and well I was satisfied with regency gentlemen in very compromising situation. Author skilfully put in front of reader sequel to her Bound by Deception Lord Oliver who skillfully lured his beloved lord Vincent to his shabby bedroom and made him to slowly accepting who he really was aka gay in regency clothes. The sun is shining for several pages only to be cut by proper drama, which leads to the golden plot line "f ...more
Ami
After reading the last story, I think this is my favorite.

Why?

Because this is where Vincent finally realized how he felt for Oliver. This is where the 'power' shifted, so to speak. I noticed how Vincent always called Oliver, Marsden, in the first story and the beginning of this one -- but during the final act, when Vincent came to Oliver to tell him that he is not marrying Lady Julianna, Vincent referred to him as "Oliver". That scene just clicked to me, right there. It was no longer just one-
Serena Yates
I liked this sequel to Bound by Deception as much as the first book. While realistic enough to mind the historical limitations put on two men who loved each other in the London of 1822, it still manages to convey the deep love Oliver and Vincent feel for each other.

Not that this is easy, or that all obstacles are quickly overcome. In fact, there are more in the second book than there were in the first, providing a real test for the two lovers.

Vincent is as infuriatingly idiotic as in the first b
Kelly
This is a fantastic m/m Historical Romance/Erotica. With mild BDSM.

I loved Oliver!

I read book 1 Bound By Deception first then immediatley ordered and read this one. I'm not sure why they were released as two books. It would have made a perfect novel instead of 2 shorter books.

Read them together and you shall not be disappointed.

Enjoy!

Can't wait to read more from Ava March.

Janna
This review of the first two books of Ava March’s Bound series was originally published at my blog. It contains information about both books.

Genre & Keywords:
M/M, Historical, Regency England, Friends become lovers, D/s, Bondage

Series:
Bound series. So far there are 2 books, and one free short story, in this series. All three have the same main characters, Oliver and Vincent, in it.

Why I read the books:
Some of my blog friends read and reviewed these books, after they had caught my eye at th
Erica
This book picks up approximately six months after Bound by Deception, and has a fairly smooth transition, but in a lot of ways, it felt like it picked up immediately after the first book. It would have seemed that after six months of spending time together, they would have been a little more close, but then again, Vincent wouldn't spend the night at Oliver's for fear of being seen and was traveling a lot. As I stated in my review of the first book, I think that if this book had been combined wit ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Oliver just wants a little bit of affirmation he is loved. Vincent is still seeking the approval of his asshole father. This is a universal desire so many people desperately seek. It's always a bit sad for me when a child is cruelly ignored by a parent. It's also a bit depressing when a lover is taken for granted.

In this second installment, the reader is subjected to conflicting agendas and a possible end to a blossoming relationship between Oliver and Vincent. Ms. March does an excellent job of
Sandra
Ava March is just amazing. The chemistry between these characters takes the sex scenes way beyond mere sex and it is just So. Freaken. Hot.

I'll admit I was concerned going into this. I loved book one and was one of the many begging for more, but what often happens to me is that I just can't bear to see my characters HEA ruined and I don't want more conflict. But this was the perfect amount. The fact that it was a novella helped because it didn't drag on. They hit a very realistic bump in the ro
Annelise L'Estrange
This one was even better than the first!

(view spoiler)

I really like Ava's way of writting. It's not overdescribing, but you can perfectly see yourself with Oliver and Vicent. And I love the jade pin that Oliver always wears!

(view spoiler)
Brenda (b)
This is the sequel to Bound by Deception and I loved it. The characters became even more real to me. Poor Oliver, my heart went out to him and I was glad he finally took some control of his life. Vincent was a bit of an ass for a little while but he finally came to his senses and helped provide the story with it's happy ending.
originally read Oct. 13, 2009, re-read March 13, 2011
Clerah
I really liked this continuing story of Oliver and Vincent relationship. I also liked how March gives us a view into each of the MC's head, and we get to journey along with each man as they tackle each issue that they are dealing with to make their relationship work during the period they live in.

I've heard that there may be a third story, I'd so jump on top of that book now!
Nancy L
It's hard to be in the mindset during the victorian era where it was even more taboo for m/m than it is today! I still think Vincent is a total ass because he worries more about society than Oliver, but again, he's a product of his time....

Oliver is easy to like and he is comfortable with himself and who is is.
Jerry
Oliver and Vincent are deliciously bound together in a historical Regency romance. This is a continuation of their romance that started with Bound By Deception. Light bdsm and great sex. Glad I live in this current era where I can openly declare my love for my husband.
Trix
Somehow, I liked the second book more than I did the first.

[spoiler ahead]I enjoyed reading about Oliver's feelings as well as Vincent's. And I found myself agreeing with each in turn, to the way they saw the world and how they had to act their part in society. There were several issues separating them: social status, social etiquette and expectancy, behavior and last but not least the courage to risk some things in order to gain what they wanted.

Although I enjoyed seeing Vincent as the dominan
Kassa
This book is the sequel to Bound by Deception, in which Oliver and Vincent finally got together after the years of Oliver pinning for Vincent have finally ended. The last book left the characters hanging and had many, many unresolved issues. This offering attempts to tie up most of those issues while leaving a potentially hanging thread or two should the author choose to revisit these characters. Unfortunately not as good as it’s previous story, Bound to Him will still delight fans with a more e ...more
Kathy
Okay, Wow! This second story in Ava March's Bound series was way more tension-filled and emotionally volatile, but I loved it! Mind, at times, I wasn't any too fond of Vincent; good thing for him Oliver really loved him. But really, there's just no other way for it to have gone. Especially not with Vincent's need to please his father - and what a bastard HE was - and his fear of not living up to society's expectation (Poo on society's expectations).
But I did love that both Oliver and Vincent ha
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Another great entry in Oliver and Vincent. A lot of hot sex, some great BDSM and a problem that had to be solved. Oliver gets some guts and Vincent gets some humility. It's all good. Though I think it is likely it is really HFN and we'll get more story of the two of them. I do think Vincent will need to marry at some point - and it really brings home how it must have been so many years ago.

It gets 4 instead of 5 stars because it, unlike the first book, was just too short and the development got
Nichole (Dirrty H)
This was a great sequel to Bound by Deception. March is a skilled writer which is refreshing in a genre where a lot of stuff has a kind of amateurish feel.

But this story was well written, and the conflict was very believable. I spent the whole book wondering how she was going to get them to their HEA, it seemed pretty impossible. (They got there, don't worry. Or at least to an HFN.)

The only thing I didn't like was that Vincent was a total prick, but that was necessary to the story so I can't rea
Susana
Oliver thought that being with Vincent was the only thing he wanted. But after a time he realises he needs more, a bit of commitment on Vincent’s side. When he finds out Vincent may be planning his marriage, Oliver sees how his relationship and his heart break at the same time…
Lord Oliver Marsden and Lord Vincent Prescot have been together for six months, and what once Oliver imagined as happiness, having a chance at being with Vincent, turns out to be not so ideal. Vincent insists on
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
I read Bound by Deception and Bound To Him, which is the follow up, in one sitting. I read them because they appeared above KJ Charles on a couple of Good Reads m/m lists. This should not be the case. Ava March is no KJ Charles. First gripe, these were seriously short (which is irritating when they cost the same as a standard romance novel on Kindle) - combined page count less than 200. Neither was very good and I don't think I can be bothered with the third in the series. I'm all for lots of se ...more
Trisha Harrington
This was another good book by Ava March. I preferred this book a bit but some of it still annoyed me. I wish that Vincent would have gotten his feelings together before everything happened but I suppose the author needs to add drama somewhere. This book made me really admire Oliver and how he stood up for himself eventually. The first book showed him vulnerable and kind of a wimp, in this one though he grew a backbone. I really am enjoying this series so far. I cannot wait to read the final book ...more
Cindy
So I read this one out of order but I don't think that it distracted from the story. There was enough back story to make me feel like I knew what was going on. I really enjoyed how Vincent, while clearly the dominant member of the relationship, was able to show his emotions and insecurities. Oliver, while the submissive, had a gentle strength that really added to the relationship. I'm off to find more......
  • Seducing Stephen
  • The Desire for Dearborne
  • Velvet Glove: Volume I
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Only For Him (Only Forever, #2)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • Bound and Determined
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
1978003
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical ...more
More about Ava March...

Bound (3 books)
  • Bound by Deception (Bound, #1)
  • Bound Forever (Bound, #3)
Bound by Deception (Bound, #1) Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1) Thief (Brook Street, #1) His Client (His Client, #1) Bound Forever (Bound, #3)