Start by marking “Bound to Him (Bound, #2)” as Want to Read:

Bound to Him (Bound #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,257 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
Genre: BDSM LGBT Erotic Historical
Previous Book: Bound by Deception

Lord Vincent Prescot's life couldn't be better. Thriving investments, well-respected by his peers, and mind blowing sex with a man who submits to his every desire -- what more could he want?

Lord Oliver Marsden should be more than happy with his life. He's been in love with Vincent for over a decade and six

ebook
Published April 28th 2009 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Him

Daisiemae
May 03, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All of my friends here. Read Bound by Deception first!
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Ava March is an automatic buy for me
This is another book I would rate higher than 5 stars. Ugh! I hate limitations!

I was so anxious to read this book. Bound by Deception is one of my all time favorite books. I had fallen under Oliver and Vincent’s spell, and was so excited when I found out Ava was continuing their story. I felt like we had to wait forever until Bound to Him was released. After I read it, it was worth the wait! I don't want to spoil the book, so I'll tread as light as I can with this review.

Shhhh…I have a confessio
Ana_P
Ok, so, this was Oliver and Vincent's story, part two.

Ms. March's writing was still pretty damn awesome.

Vincent and Oliver were still hot...
and kinky.
*fans self*

I am happy to say that Vincent's character improved for me. He definitely made leaps and bounds in accepting his preference for men and not being so ashamed of it. Also, he finally managed to stand up to his arsehole of a father.

But...but...there is always a
description

Vincent does finally admit the he has feelings for Oliver. However, it seems lik
Aleksandr Voinov
This is a captivating little novella which I enjoyed and kept reading well past bedtime (so much for 'first five pages'). The characters are well-drawn and the writing is fully engrossing. The text has just the right amount of period detail that shows that the author knows her period, and watching a great writer spin their yarn is always enjoyable, regardless of the plot or the time period. I'm not well-versed in the Regency, but I found the setting believable as presented. The characters are in ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Okay, Bound to Him has to be even better than Bound by Deception. The emotions Oliver and Vincent were feeling, felt so real to me. I didn't want to put down the book once I started.

With this continuation, we get a deeper look into the relationship Oliver and Vincent have 6 months after they became lovers in Bound by Deception. We get a better look at the responsibilities Vincent takes on so he can earn respect from his father. How Vincent's decision, and his lack of accepting himself again, put
Maggie
Aug 21, 2009 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Bound by Deception by Ava March
I wasn't sure if I would like this book as much as Bound by Deception, but I did! Ms. March did an excellent job of getting our Oliver and Vincent together with a satisfying ending. I only hope that Shayne is able to chain Ava to her computer so she can write more about these two glorious men! I would love to read more about them!
Elisa Rolle
I don't know, but I have the feeling that Ava March wanted to prove that she can write an accurate gay historical romance... the previous book, Bound by Deception was really good, but, maybe since it was short, or maybe since it was only the starting of a relationship, when all the odds seem smaller, reader actually didn't indulge in wondering if there was historical accuracy.

Lord Oliver and Lord Vincent were in love, Lord Oliver deceived Lord Vincent but only for love, and at the end of the nov
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This book is the sequel to Bound by Deception, a book I loved very much. We meet Vincent and Oliver six months after the end of the previous book.

Oliver has been loving Vincent for years and he finally has him, but he's not satisfied with their relationship. He wants something more than sex, he wants his love to be acknowledged by Vincent, he wants Vincent to reciprocate his feelings. He therefore stands up against Vincent and voices his emotion. It's something I would have never expected from O
Matimate
Sep 16, 2009 Matimate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2009
I grabbed this novella with hunger of one who starved for historical gay fiction and well I was satisfied with regency gentlemen in very compromising situation. Author skilfully put in front of reader sequel to her Bound by Deception Lord Oliver who skillfully lured his beloved lord Vincent to his shabby bedroom and made him to slowly accepting who he really was aka gay in regency clothes. The sun is shining for several pages only to be cut by proper drama, which leads to the golden plot line "f ...more
Serena Yates
Oct 12, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I liked this sequel to Bound by Deception as much as the first book. While realistic enough to mind the historical limitations put on two men who loved each other in the London of 1822, it still manages to convey the deep love Oliver and Vincent feel for each other.

Not that this is easy, or that all obstacles are quickly overcome. In fact, there are more in the second book than there were in the first, providing a real test for the two lovers.

Vincent is as infuriatingly idiotic as in the first b
Kelly
Oct 17, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic m/m Historical Romance/Erotica. With mild BDSM.

I loved Oliver!

I read book 1 Bound By Deception first then immediatley ordered and read this one. I'm not sure why they were released as two books. It would have made a perfect novel instead of 2 shorter books.

Read them together and you shall not be disappointed.

Enjoy!

Can't wait to read more from Ava March.

Annelise Lestrange
Nov 06, 2015 Annelise Lestrange rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

To read my review on the full Bound series, please see it here or on my blog :D
Janna
Jun 29, 2010 Janna rated it it was amazing
This review of the first two books of Ava March’s Bound series was originally published at my blog. It contains information about both books.

Genre & Keywords:
M/M, Historical, Regency England, Friends become lovers, D/s, Bondage

Series:
Bound series. So far there are 2 books, and one free short story, in this series. All three have the same main characters, Oliver and Vincent, in it.

Why I read the books:
Some of my blog friends read and reviewed these books, after they had caught my eye at th
Erica
This book picks up approximately six months after Bound by Deception, and has a fairly smooth transition, but in a lot of ways, it felt like it picked up immediately after the first book. It would have seemed that after six months of spending time together, they would have been a little more close, but then again, Vincent wouldn't spend the night at Oliver's for fear of being seen and was traveling a lot. As I stated in my review of the first book, I think that if this book had been combined wit ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Oliver just wants a little bit of affirmation he is loved. Vincent is still seeking the approval of his asshole father. This is a universal desire so many people desperately seek. It's always a bit sad for me when a child is cruelly ignored by a parent. It's also a bit depressing when a lover is taken for granted.

In this second installment, the reader is subjected to conflicting agendas and a possible end to a blossoming relationship between Oliver and Vincent. Ms. March does an excellent job of
Sandra
Ava March is just amazing. The chemistry between these characters takes the sex scenes way beyond mere sex and it is just So. Freaken. Hot.

I'll admit I was concerned going into this. I loved book one and was one of the many begging for more, but what often happens to me is that I just can't bear to see my characters HEA ruined and I don't want more conflict. But this was the perfect amount. The fact that it was a novella helped because it didn't drag on. They hit a very realistic bump in the ro
Brenda (b)
This is the sequel to Bound by Deception and I loved it. The characters became even more real to me. Poor Oliver, my heart went out to him and I was glad he finally took some control of his life. Vincent was a bit of an ass for a little while but he finally came to his senses and helped provide the story with it's happy ending.
originally read Oct. 13, 2009, re-read March 13, 2011
Nancy L
Jan 07, 2011 Nancy L rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, historical
It's hard to be in the mindset during the victorian era where it was even more taboo for m/m than it is today! I still think Vincent is a total ass because he worries more about society than Oliver, but again, he's a product of his time....

Oliver is easy to like and he is comfortable with himself and who is is.
Liz (Bugetta)
Re-read: Still give it 4 stars. Just as enjoyable. The first book was Oliver's journey and this time we get Vincent's journey. Figuring out what he wants from his relationship with Oliver and what he wants from his relationship with his father. So good! Can't wait to finally read the next book and see how it all ends!
Clerah
Jul 16, 2010 Clerah rated it really liked it
I really liked this continuing story of Oliver and Vincent relationship. I also liked how March gives us a view into each of the MC's head, and we get to journey along with each man as they tackle each issue that they are dealing with to make their relationship work during the period they live in.

I've heard that there may be a third story, I'd so jump on top of that book now!
Jerry
Feb 18, 2011 Jerry rated it it was amazing
Oliver and Vincent are deliciously bound together in a historical Regency romance. This is a continuation of their romance that started with Bound By Deception. Light bdsm and great sex. Glad I live in this current era where I can openly declare my love for my husband.
Kassa
Aug 15, 2009 Kassa rated it liked it
This book is the sequel to Bound by Deception, in which Oliver and Vincent finally got together after the years of Oliver pinning for Vincent have finally ended. The last book left the characters hanging and had many, many unresolved issues. This offering attempts to tie up most of those issues while leaving a potentially hanging thread or two should the author choose to revisit these characters. Unfortunately not as good as it’s previous story, Bound to Him will still delight fans with a more e ...more
Trix
Feb 27, 2011 Trix rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-novels, regency
Somehow, I liked the second book more than I did the first.

[spoiler ahead]I enjoyed reading about Oliver's feelings as well as Vincent's. And I found myself agreeing with each in turn, to the way they saw the world and how they had to act their part in society. There were several issues separating them: social status, social etiquette and expectancy, behavior and last but not least the courage to risk some things in order to gain what they wanted.

Although I enjoyed seeing Vincent as the dominan
Kathy
Apr 28, 2010 Kathy rated it really liked it
Okay, Wow! This second story in Ava March's Bound series was way more tension-filled and emotionally volatile, but I loved it! Mind, at times, I wasn't any too fond of Vincent; good thing for him Oliver really loved him. But really, there's just no other way for it to have gone. Especially not with Vincent's need to please his father - and what a bastard HE was - and his fear of not living up to society's expectation (Poo on society's expectations).
But I did love that both Oliver and Vincent ha
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Aug 14, 2009 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, m-m, bdsm, historical
This was a great sequel to Bound by Deception. March is a skilled writer which is refreshing in a genre where a lot of stuff has a kind of amateurish feel.

But this story was well written, and the conflict was very believable. I spent the whole book wondering how she was going to get them to their HEA, it seemed pretty impossible. (They got there, don't worry. Or at least to an HFN.)

The only thing I didn't like was that Vincent was a total prick, but that was necessary to the story so I can't rea
Trisha Harrington
Oct 23, 2012 Trisha Harrington rated it really liked it
This was another good book by Ava March. I preferred this book a bit but some of it still annoyed me. I wish that Vincent would have gotten his feelings together before everything happened but I suppose the author needs to add drama somewhere. This book made me really admire Oliver and how he stood up for himself eventually. The first book showed him vulnerable and kind of a wimp, in this one though he grew a backbone. I really am enjoying this series so far. I cannot wait to read the final book ...more
Cindy
So I read this one out of order but I don't think that it distracted from the story. There was enough back story to make me feel like I knew what was going on. I really enjoyed how Vincent, while clearly the dominant member of the relationship, was able to show his emotions and insecurities. Oliver, while the submissive, had a gentle strength that really added to the relationship. I'm off to find more......
Carolyn88
Mar 09, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing
Bound by Deception and Bound to Him by Ave March - This book takes place back in History. It is a time when being found loving another man is a hanging offence. Two very close friends find themselves in a sticky situation. The thrill of possibly getting caught is very exciting. The book is written well and I will read more from Ave March
Kati
Jun 17, 2015 Kati rated it really liked it
It was interesting to see the dynamic changed slightly. I also liked that there was more plot, that Vincent stood up against his father and that we finally met Oliver's grandmother - who wasn't as terrible a dragon as everybody thought, after all. I'm curious where the story will be headed next, only two short stories and one book left in the series.
Andrea
Nov 23, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
BDSM books usually aren't my thing but I still liked this. There was enough going on outside the bedroom for me. The bedroom scenes were pretty hot too. The chemistry between Oliver and Vincent was strong, it wasn't all about the sex.
Heather C
Angst and more angst! Poor Oliver! But I'm glad he finally called Vincent out on all his bullshit. These boys are HOT!
  • Seducing Stephen
  • The Desire for Dearborne
  • Forged (Hammer, #8)
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)
  • Chains of Love (Blue Ruin, #3)
  • Ransom (Royal Navy, #1)
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Bound and Determined
  • A Gentleman of Substance
1978003
Ava March is a bestselling author of sexy, emotionally intense M/M historical erotic romances. She loves writing in the Regency time period, where proper decorum is of the utmost importance, but where anything can happen behind closed doors. With over fifteen works to her credit, her books have been finalists in the Rainbow Awards and More Than Magic contest, and deemed ‘must-haves’ for Historical ...more
More about Ava March...

Bound (3 books)
  • Bound by Deception (Bound, #1)
  • Bound Forever (Bound, #3)