Educational Psychology (MyEducationLab Series)

Educational Psychology (MyEducationLab Series)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Educational Psychology, 11/e, is still the most applied text on the market, this text is replete with examples, lesson segments, case studies, and practical ideas from experienced teachers. The text provides solid, up-to-date coverage of the foundational areas within educational psychology: learning, development, motivation, teaching, and assessment, combined with intelli

Paperback, 11th Edition, 648 pages
Published December 28th 2008 by Pearson (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Educational Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Educational Psychology

Blabberwart
The information is great and I would even say that Woolfolk's writing is okay. However, the text itself is every student's worst nightmare. The chapters are quite long and the pages are filled with tiny text that is hard enough to read sometimes, just because of the subject matter, without the added intimidation from the layout! I did not get to look at the modular edition but I feel like that would be a huge benefit to anyone trying to work through this text. If you are serious about reading th...more
Anna
Feb 09, 2008 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers!
Recommended to Anna by: my professor
I read most of this book while sitting in my educational psychology class (pretending to listen to my boring professor). I found it to be both interesting and insightful since it balanced facts and theory with practical "how-to" solutions for dealing with particular kinds of adolescent behaviors. I also liked that the book focused more on concepts than actual science of how the brain works -- the scientific crap is what put me to sleep in my undergrad psych classes.
Tyler
This is the second and primary required text for my current online class. It's way too big! Thankfully I don't have to read it in its entirety. Insightful and fairly interesting so far, but I'd rather be spending my reading time on other books.

Finally finished w/ the class! (A+) The professor wasn't very good, but the material was pretty helpful. A lot of redundancy w/ other classes I've already taken though.
Catharina Lenny
May 01, 2008 Catharina Lenny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yang mo jadi guru...
Shelves: education
belum baca seluruhnya, karena bahasa inggris. tapi yang pasti ini buku tutop lah. biar kita dituntun jadi guru yang baik, istilahnya dia penuntunnya.. biar kita tetep di rel kita... hai guru guru. bacalah.. biar kita jadi guru yang MANUSIAWI. gimana kita bantu mahasiswa untuk bisa meraih tujuannya yang di awang2 dengan selangkah-selangkah. dan tentunya bisa menghasilkan sesuatu yang lebih baik.
Jien
For a textbook, this was pretty good. The information was actually relevant and at the end of each chapter was a summary of the key points of the chapter, which made it easy to find the information again. Some of it was a bit too vague but for the most part it's a useful book on educational psychology.
Lisa
This book was organized well and had a lot of helpful tables and guides for use in teaching.
Annie
Covers the material in a clear but extremely basic manner.
W.K. Lawrence
Jan 01, 2010 W.K. Lawrence rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all teachers
Shelves: education
A great reference book for all teachers. A keeper!
Julie S.
Jan 07, 2012 Julie S. added it
Shelves: college
Educational Psychology class fall of my freshman year.
Erin
Pretty good...for a textbook.
Brian
This is the other one.
Rusti
Mar 28, 2012 Rusti added it
Shelves: textbooks
1 copy
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tong Zhenzhen
Tong Zhenzhen marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Khaba Sibonelo
Khaba Sibonelo marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Manish Saini
Manish Saini marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Tehmi Hussain
Tehmi Hussain marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Educational Psychology Child and Adolescent Development Educational Psychology: Modular Active Learning Edition, Student Value Edition Readings in Educational Psychology Educational Psychology: Student Value Edition