Start by marking “Educational Psychology (MyEducationLab Series)” as Want to Read:
Educational Psychology (MyEducationLab Series)

Educational Psychology (MyEducationLab Series)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Educational Psychology, 11/e, is still the most applied text on the market, this text is replete with examples, lesson segments, case studies, and practical ideas from experienced teachers. The text provides solid, up-to-date coverage of the foundational areas within educational psychology: learning, development, motivation, teaching, and assessment, combined with intelli

Paperback, 11th Edition, 648 pages
Published December 28th 2008 by Pearson (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Educational Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Educational Psychology

Sara
I added this to my list of read books because I felt I needed some recognition of the pain and suffering I went through in reading this for a college course.
While I did learn a little, I didn't even know it was possible to fit so many words on one page. I read the first few chapters word for word, and by chapter 8, I gave up and just started using the study guide my professor gave.
If you must read this book for class, I hope that you are offered study hints like I was. If you are reading this
Blabberwart
The information is great and I would even say that Woolfolk's writing is okay. However, the text itself is every student's worst nightmare. The chapters are quite long and the pages are filled with tiny text that is hard enough to read sometimes, just because of the subject matter, without the added intimidation from the layout! I did not get to look at the modular edition but I feel like that would be a huge benefit to anyone trying to work through this text. If you are serious about reading th ...more
Mel
Feb 21, 2013 Mel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Libro de texto requerido en la clase
Recommended to Mel by: Futuros maestros
Libro de texto de la clase Psicología del Aprendizaje con el profesor Jorge H. Larrache.

Un buen libro sobre la psicología educativa. Explica las diferentes teorías del aprendizaje que actualmente se utilizan. Da ejemplos de situaciones que se puedan presentar en el salón de clase o que le puedan estar ocurriendo a los estudiantes y posibles soluciones de como manejar las mismas.

Adicional a esto, cada capítulo tiene una sección llamada "Aprobar PRAXIS" la cual está dedicada a proveerle las herra
Jo
Maybe the book I read? There are quite a few texts called Educational Psychology!
Jana
This is a very valuable textbook for those going into teaching. There is so much information in this book, which made it hard, but also will be a very good reference to go back to in the future. I liked the way the author wrote it, with lots of examples and personalized it at times, referring to herself and those she teaches.

My teacher told us to memorize everything in this textbook. Although she was kidding, I almost wish I could because there are so many concepts and ideas and helps that would
Anna
Feb 09, 2008 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers!
Recommended to Anna by: my professor
I read most of this book while sitting in my educational psychology class (pretending to listen to my boring professor). I found it to be both interesting and insightful since it balanced facts and theory with practical "how-to" solutions for dealing with particular kinds of adolescent behaviors. I also liked that the book focused more on concepts than actual science of how the brain works -- the scientific crap is what put me to sleep in my undergrad psych classes.
Tyler
This is the second and primary required text for my current online class. It's way too big! Thankfully I don't have to read it in its entirety. Insightful and fairly interesting so far, but I'd rather be spending my reading time on other books.

Finally finished w/ the class! (A+) The professor wasn't very good, but the material was pretty helpful. A lot of redundancy w/ other classes I've already taken though.
Wolfe Tone
Boring and shallow, skimming over interesting points, not taking any stands and treating its readers as complete morons. This is one of those typical standard works for many social studies, because it contains most of the theories in a certain field of work. But I would sooner pick a few of those theories based on wikipedia for all I care, and study the original works, because this just doesn't cut it.
Catharina Lenny
May 01, 2008 Catharina Lenny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yang mo jadi guru...
Shelves: education
belum baca seluruhnya, karena bahasa inggris. tapi yang pasti ini buku tutop lah. biar kita dituntun jadi guru yang baik, istilahnya dia penuntunnya.. biar kita tetep di rel kita... hai guru guru. bacalah.. biar kita jadi guru yang MANUSIAWI. gimana kita bantu mahasiswa untuk bisa meraih tujuannya yang di awang2 dengan selangkah-selangkah. dan tentunya bisa menghasilkan sesuatu yang lebih baik.
Jien
For a textbook, this was pretty good. The information was actually relevant and at the end of each chapter was a summary of the key points of the chapter, which made it easy to find the information again. Some of it was a bit too vague but for the most part it's a useful book on educational psychology.
Ali Bottorff
Dec 29, 2009 Ali Bottorff rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All teachers
Shelves: 2009
This was a very well organized and practical book. It was very useful for studying for the Praxis as well as feeling more prepared for teaching in general. It was easy to read and did not feel like a chore, I can see myself turning back to this book again and again.
Lisa
This book was organized well and had a lot of helpful tables and guides for use in teaching.
Heather
This textbook was easier to follow than most that I have used.
Annie
Covers the material in a clear but extremely basic manner.
W.K. Lawrence
Jan 01, 2010 W.K. Lawrence rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all teachers
Shelves: education
A great reference book for all teachers. A keeper!
Julie S.
Jan 07, 2012 Julie S. added it
Shelves: college
Educational Psychology class fall of my freshman year.
Erin
Pretty good...for a textbook.
Brian
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 21, 2015
Strawberryblonde
Strawberryblonde is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2015
Terry-Ann Marsh
Terry-Ann Marsh marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Padma
Padma marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
John Oakley
John Oakley marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Jesse Whitson
Jesse Whitson marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Dilani
Dilani marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2015
  • A Pocket Style Manual
  • Compendio Historia y Filosofía de la Educación
  • How Languages Are Learned
  • La fe cristiana en búsqueda de nuevos entendimientos: Una introducción al estudio del cristianismo
  • Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
  • Human Development
  • A Handbook of Critical Approaches to Literature
  • Historia General De Puerto Rico (Huracan Academia Series)
  • An Introduction to Language
  • A Dash of Style: The Art and Mastery of Punctuation
  • Biology of Plants
  • Integrated Principles of Zoology
  • Girl
Child and Adolescent Development Readings in Educational Psychology Vango notes on educational psycholohy Instructional Leadership: A Research-Based Guide to Learning in Schools Psychology In Education: And " The Smarter Student, Study Skills And Strategies For Success At University "