Start by marking “The Everything Parent's Guide to the Strong-Willed Child: A Guide to Raising a Respectful, Cooperative, and Positive Child” as Want to Read:

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Strong-willed children push back against authority, exercise strong and oftwn unwavering opinions, and try to impose their own rules. By examining its causes and effects, The Everything Parent's Guide to the Strong-Willed Child enables parents to stop this pattern of behavior.
Published August 1st 2005 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Parent's Guide to the Strong-Willed Child

Lynn
Jan 17, 2014 Lynn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
The book had interesting tips on how to handle very strong-willed children. I got a few take-aways from the book but I see it as geared more towards older children although some of the advice seemed a bit far fetched when talking to children. I truly hope our little ones don't turn out to be as strong-willed as the book implies or we will have our hands full.
Rachael
for those who know my youngest child would have thought I would have read this way before now but, I think her tantrums need help to stop, and I feel pretty helpless in that department.
Sally Michelle
Kind of a pick up and read when you need it type book but also I just didn't find that it helped me as much as I hoped. It was a lot of things I already knew.
Stephanie Neal
Its not really what I thought it would be. I want straight forward answers. The book is so far telling me things I already know.
Julia DelSignore Peoples
I didn't find it very useful. It told me a lot of things I already knew.
Mom2jngncna~ Stephannie
More of a read as you need it...
Amber Kahnke
Amber Kahnke marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Stephani Hawkins
Stephani Hawkins is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2015
Michelle Newman
Michelle Newman marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Andrea
Andrea added it
May 20, 2015
Nadja
Nadja added it
Jul 08, 2014
Sian Nua
Sian Nua marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Mcm
Mcm marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Pao-Tang Kao
Pao-Tang Kao is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2014
Loewenb
Loewenb marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Chris Herring
Chris Herring marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Kaitiy
Kaitiy marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Shannon Goodrich
Shannon Goodrich is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2013
Jennifer Christian
Jennifer Christian marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Marcia Carr
Marcia Carr marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Marcia Carr
Marcia Carr marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Kim Ross
Kim Ross marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Future of Your Only Child: How to Guide Your Child to a Happy and Successful Life The Everything Parent's Guide to Positive Discipline: Professional Advice for Raising a Well-Behaved Child Keys to Successful Stepfathering Stop the Screaming: How to Turn Angry Conflict With Your Child into Positive Communication Keys to Developing a Child's Self-Esteem