God Ain't Blind (God Don't Like Ugly, #4)

God Ain't Blind (God Don't Like Ugly #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  971 ratings  ·  56 reviews
In this gripping, unforgettable new novel by New York Times bestselling author Mary Monroe, forever friends Annette Goode Davis and Rhoda O'Toole are about to learn that even the rockiest relationships can survive just about anything—as long as you're there for each other when it matters most. . .

Annette Goode Davis is a survivor, and while life's obstacles have often knoc...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Dafina (first published September 2008)

To ask other readers questions about God Ain't Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Ain't Blind

Sharon
Just because family and friends can't see your secrets....God ain't blind...He sees everything!!!!!!!!!!!

BFFs Annette Davis and Rhoda O'Toole are back. In God Ain't Blind, Annette and Pee Wee have drifted apart, sexually. Annette loves her husband and wants to bring the fire back into their bedroom. She transform into a new woman; weight loss, beauty makeover and a new wadrobe. Everyone notices the new change in Annette, except Pee Wee. When Pee Wee begins to spend less time at home, Annette con...more
Suzanneparistina Johnsonkim
~Annette is so DUMB sometimes and so is her BFF, Rhoda, but I love the series^^~
African Americans on the Move Book Club
I absolutely love Mary Monroe but it is not a secret to say that this book fell off the radar completely. Let's take a look at the series. God Don't Like Ugly, God still don't like Ugly, and God don't Play. ALL great reads and I absolutely love the thriller ride. However I am so confused by this book. Annette is back and for the first three installments she had been considered ugly and fat, and dark. Even though she found love in a child hood friend the fact was she looked a certain way. It was...more
J
(FROM JACKET)Annette Goode Davis is a survivor, and while life's obstacles have often knocked her down, she's never let them keep her there for long. To Annette, life is all about family and old friends like Rhoda O'Toole. And right now, Annette needs all the friends she can get...because her marriage is in big trouble, and she has no idea why...

Lately, her husband Pee Wee barely has the time of day for Annette and she suspects he may have fallen for another woman. Desperate to regain his affect...more
Ama Major
Jan 15, 2012 Ama Major rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people familiar with the series.
Recommended to Ama by: I am already a fan of the series.
I enjoyed this installment in Mary's 'God' series. This one started out a little slow for me but in the end I was fully sucked in by the drama and the twists. Without spoiling the book for anybody I will say that I was very surprised by the turnout of the story behind what was really going on with Pee Wee, as well as Louis Barnes' true motives. In the end I was conflicted between feeling sorry for Annette and thinking that she made her bed and that she deserved some of what happened.

I didn't get...more
Pam
Like I said before, Mary Monroe has good intentions. I think her ability to put an engaging plot together is amazing. While reading this book, I truly did have trouble putting it down because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next.

Her problem is the characters. Her characters are about as flat and one-dimensional as a sheet of paper. In previous books, I certainly at least liked Annette more than this one. This was a completely different Annette than what I am used to. This Annette...more
Hmp mohanedi malaka
The day I was rushed into a family room
I realized something bad had happened to you
the doctor told us there was nothing to do
now you are gone and words can't explain how much I miss you

when I went home later that day I locked myself up
and cried away. you were my hero my best friend
now I can never see you again. It came as a shock
I can't describe you were so strong and now you have died

I was daddy's little girl and now you were gone what was I
to do this felt so wrong I was all alone in t...more
She
I struggled to get through this book. I'm new to Mary Monroe and this is book three in the series. I haven't read the others, (this one was recommended by a friend) so my lack of knowledge of the characters background may have something to do with my dislike. Regardless, I found the book to be disjointed and lacking in, well, everything! lol

I wanted to like this book but all of the characters seemed empty and self-absorbed. I had to shelve the book several times while reading and move on to othe...more
Sunny
This was one of my least favorites from Mary Monroe. I usually love her books and had not read her in a long time so I was seeking her former glory. This book was stupid for lack of a better word. I was annoyed by every character as they were one-dimensional and flat. No one had personality. It jumped all over the place. Annette's behavior was downright horrendous and I really hoped Pee Wee would have left her. Though Pee Wee was no different, at least he had a valid and very serious issue. It w...more
Tiana Freeman
I immediately hated this book when I first began reading it. I suppose I was taken aback by how quickly the action unfolded. After you read so many books in a series, you begin to root for specific characters, only to see their downfall as the series progresses. There were quite a bit of flashbacks through out the novel which were slightly annoying. The novel did get better and ended with a bang.
Damera Blincoe
I have to admit, out of the God Don't Like Ugly series, this one has been my least favorite. It was so off the mark for me. This one is about Annette having an affair on Pee Wee. The story was akward and made the characters seem so off the wall. And the ending was a little bit crazy as well. I will continue to read Mary Monroe because she is an awesome writer, but this one didn't do it for me :(
Kecia
Read this for book group...and the only reason I finished it was because I wanted to see how this mess would end. This is the second Mary Monroe novel I've read and the second time I've wondered whether she has an editor and, if so, whether he/she has read anything since high school. And this is the second time I'll add the disclaimer that I don't generally read mainstream fiction...
Tk
This book was ok, Also the rhythm was off she used profanity like it was going out of style, I know certain circles dont have an extensive vocabulary, but somehow it seemed over used and out of place. it could have went a few diff ways for me, especially the ending, I didn't like how it ended but she can't win em all. Nothing will ever touch God Don't like Ugly
Pamela
This is the worst Mary Monroe book I've picked up so far. If you're reading the "God" series, do yourself a favor and stop after #2.

I'd always liked Annette and her sense of values, however she's a completely different person in this book; after 1000 or so pages, there's too little explanation for such a drastic character change. Thumbs down.
Marjorie
Mary Monroe has created a modern urban, female Ethan Frome who wrecks her marriage due to an affair. Older women can relate to the situation of a woman in her forties who succumbs to the flattery of a younger man. The situations and characters are vivid but believable, but Monroe's writing is often trite, wordy, and heavy handed.
Belinda
I finally finished and I wasn't impressed as I have been with some of her books. Annette had an affair with Louis who played her like a fiddle. She called herself getting even with her hubby, PeeWee whom she thought was having an affair but had prostate cancer. Rhoda is still Rhoda. Jade is still her crazy self.
Cheri McLelland
I liked that this book was so real. It is the kind of story that really happens. The characters were authentic and well drawn. There are lessons taught in this book but they are not done in the usual preachy, better-than-thou way. I enjoyed the book as well as contemplating on the message of the story afterwords.
Lisa
In my opinion this installment is not the best in the series to say I was a little disappointment is an understatement. Annette and the gang are back in action. The story line's pace starts slow but it heats up midway through the novel. Spoiler alert the ending leaves a opening for another installment.
Lisa
I did finish this so I figured I had to give it 2 stars, 3 being my minimum to read it again. It is one of the only books that I permanently deleted from my amazon account. I seriously don't know why the average rating is over 3 stars.
Sharell Abrams
I enjoyed it. It started out slow but it was able to hold my attention.
Tanya
I almost stopped reading this book because it didn't seem to be going anywhere. But I kept on and it sucked me in like a cheesy soap-opera. I ended up liking the book and the quirky characters.
Kbrownhenry
I enjoyed this book as I have all the others in this series. I had been looking forward to this newest book. Annette is one of my favorite characters. I can relate to her in several ways.
Latasha
This particular book in this series is honestly the worst to me. I was very disappointed in the delivery and writing style. If you are expecting this book to be like the rest you are sadly mistaken.
M.C. Walker
I love this book and vivid characters. The main character Annette is so relate able and true to life that I feel as though I know her and understand her struggle as if we were best friends.
Sylvia Hester
It had its slow moments but overall a good read. Something you would take on vacation or spend a weekend reading. I love Mary Monroe's book but they all seem to have the same theme.
Tonya
It took my a long time to read this book, it started off kind of slow but got better towards the end I was laughing out loud. Still undecied if I would re-read.
Denise
I found the book very enjoyable. Just goes to show how important communication and honesty are in a marriage. I look forward to reading Mary Monroe next book.
Audrey
I did not expect Annette to be acting this way. I was disappointed in her. But I still enjoyed the book as I do all of her books.
Nicole Davis
This book was okay.It had some nice twist in it, but mainly predictable. it was kind of raunchy at some times. But it was a decent read
Angela Ray-shephard
The book was good with alot of twists that kept it interesting. However, part of it did drag on compared to the other's I've read.
  • A Deep Dark Secret
  • Torn Between Two Lovers
  • I Know I've Been Changed
  • Lady Jasmine
  • When Somebody Loves You Back
  • Mama Dearest
  • Jezebel
I am the third child of Alabama sharecroppers and the first and only member of my family to finish high school. I never attended college or any writing classes. I taught myself how to write and started writing short stories around age four. I spent the first part of my life in Alabama and Ohio and moved to Richmond, California in 1973. I have lived in Oakland since 1984.

My first novel THE UPPER RO...more
More about Mary Monroe...
God Don't Like Ugly (God Don't Like Ugly, #1) God Still Don't Like Ugly (God Don't Like Ugly, #2) God Don't Play (God Don't Like Ugly, #3) The Upper Room Mama Ruby