The CleanUp Woman

The CleanUp Woman

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When Karma Jolley spots the man of her dreams, she sets in motion to have him. The fact that he's married really isn't a factor at all. What Karma wants, Karma gets, even if she has to get blood on her hands. Never since the beginning of time has anyone had to deal with so much trash, all brought by The CleanUp Woman.
Published January 25th 2012 by Ebony Literary Grace Publishing (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The CleanUp Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The CleanUp Woman

Ama Major
Although very predictable, this book was very entertaining. At times I felt bad for Cole (Colby) but most of the times I thought he was so stupid. Karma was a crazy bitch, no pun intended. From the beginning I knew she was a nut bag and what she did to her parents confirmed it. She made such sloppy mistakes, she was lucky Cole was so stupid or she would have been caught a long time before the ending.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a story with plenty of twists and turns.
Leona Romich
OBSESSED…

On the night of their wedding anniversary a fatal tragedy occurs. Leaving Colby Patterson a widower and single father.

When Colby meets the young and beautiful Karma Jolly, he thinks she may be a Godsend. Passing out flyers in hope of employment, Karma offers such services from cleaning the house to babysitting. Colby shortly hires her for her services and day to day things slowly begin to become easier for Colby and the children.

What Karma wants more than anything is Mr. Colby Patterso...more
Ericka
First let me state that it was truly a pleasure getting inside of this book. I say inside because this story was so intriguing to the point where it had me on the edge of my seat screaming at the characters. Yes this book pulled me in from the very beginning and when it got to the end I was mad it was over I just wanted it to go on and on. Karma Jolley a.k.a the clean up woman was a beautiful , charming, and sincere twenty something year old. That is until someone stood in the way of what she wa...more
Yvonne Nicolas
It’s difficult to sit back and read a book when I’m writing all the time, but I do it when I can. I’ll read articles, blog posts and books for about an hour and half and then get back to my writing.

Well, The CleanUp Woman by Alisha Yvonne kept my eyes glued to my e-reader for more than the allotted time. In short, this book was difficult to put down.

I will admit, it’s incredibly predictable. I’ve seen the movie several times with different characters, different scenes and different titles. You k...more
Tiffany
Karma Jolley is a woman who knows what she wants and goes after it by any means necessary. From the outside Karma Jolley seems to have it together, she is young smart and very beautiful which makes her hard to resist to any man looking her way. When Karma sets her eyes on a man she knows she will not stop until he is hers, it doesnt matter that the man she has her eyes on is already married with a family. Again what Karma wants Karma gets even if things have to get messy for her to get what she...more
Phoenix Brown
Karma Jolley is a young woman who knows what she wants and will do anything to get it. She has her heart set on being with Colby and nothing is going to get in her way of getting her man. I don't want to give too much of the story away but let me say this...there are secrets from Karma's past that will reveal why she is the way that she is, there are moments that you will be shaking your head and moments that you will be ready to kill Karma yourself!
The author did a great job of pulling me into...more
Carmen
I'm reading this book on Kindle. I'm about 27% complete, and all I know is I cannot stand Karma. Surely, Cole cannot be that clueless. Hopefully, he wises up quickly or else this story is going to be hard for me to stomach.

Okay,so I completed the book,and I am more confused than ever. By the end of the book,I felt like Cole needed to be confined to crazy house as well. How was it possible for him to overlook/ignore so many of the signs that Karma displayed? After his wife's murder you'd think th...more
Maxie
Cleanup Woman by Alisha Yvonne

Cleanup Woman is a fun yet realistic story of woman with ODC for Cole, hot sex and dialogue you can actually hear and relate to. The story elements of the Cleanup Woman were funny and others sad. Everyone in the neighborhood knows a Cleanup Woman is not the one to be toyed with. I heard the song Clean Up Woman by Betty Wright playing in the background of my mind as I consumed this tale. Thanks for the entertainment/distraction from the stressful world we live in.
I c...more
Marci
uuuuummmmm wow crazy is all I can say. Karma Jolly gets a gold star for being coo coo.. lol
Camille
A very straight forward read which allowed me not to think for a couple hours, which was exactly what I wanted.

Basic overview - crazy woman wants man, she does what ever she has to get him (and by whatever you can guess).

A very average book, but was "okay" if you want to just blow through something quickly.

Oh yeah, this book was free on amazon a couple weeks back, that's how I stumbled across it. And of course my motto is: if it's free, it's for me and I'll take THREE!
Pearl
This was a very well written novel. Enjoyed the characters especially the crazy and deranged Karma Jolley. It was truly amazing how Cole was so gullible and easy to deceived. This was a page turner from the beginning to the end, with plenty of drama. Can't wait to read "The Clean Up Woman 2"
Kendell (luvVee)
just finished reading The cleanup woman. And all I can say was wow!!..Karma was a real piece of work straight CRAZY!.To me colby (cole) was a fool took him to long to realize she was mentality disturb. The ending was unexpected About to start part 2 now!!
Dm
this was a OK read for me it had it crazy stalker girl moments but i was just a little disappointed in Colby(Cole),What i did like is the flow of the storyline,Even with there being a book 2 there is no need for me to read it I like the way the story ended.
Yvette
This was a pretty good read although I felt like the story was never going to end, it seemed to start to drag on a bit for me as it neared the end. It was very entertaining but I am not in a rush to read part 2.
Mary
omg I finished this book in 1 day! Karma was a complete nut and I was getting annoyed at Colby for not seeing it. I definitely have to read part 2 to see what craziness Karma is gonna do next
Vernessa Fernandes
This was my 1st time reading something from Ms. Yvonne and I enjoyed it very much.

I will have to look into other books she has written.
Queen Brown
The Cleanup Woman is a very interesting & action packed read. It was definitely hard to put down. Karma was absolutely insane!!!
Laquisha
Dis Karma chick is as nutty as a fruitcake!! Overall great storyline #psycho
Sherry
This was a good book also. My first book by the author.
Tasha Parker
Great book, if you like crazy, drama this is your book
KaTrina
This was actually a good book. Karma ia one sick chick.
Tysha
Tysha marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Alisha's novels further showcase her vast literary talent and skills. She penned her first self-published novel in 2003. Upon capturing the attention of Urban Books, LLC, her self-published title, Lovin' You Is Wrong was re-released under this mega publisher, and then soon earned the title of Essence® Bestseller. Since her stroke of success, she has penned her second Essence® Bestseller, I Don't W...more
More about Alisha Yvonne...
The CleanUp Woman 2: Bound and Determined Naughty Girls Lovin' You Is Wrong I Don't Wanna Be Right Around the Way Girls 3: Double Trouble