Start by marking “National Geographic Image Collection” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Image Collection

National Geographic Image Collection

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Behind National Geographic’s worldwide reputation as a powerhouse of photography lies one of the finest, most extensive, and most unique graphic resources on Earth: the National Geographic Image Collection. For the first time ever, readers will plumb the fascinating depths of this immense archive from the earliest photographs collected in the late 19th century to the cutti ...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Focal Point

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Image Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Image Collection

Kathleen Messmer
Great book! Filled with such good information. And the images!!!! It's crazy how far we've come photographically in 150-ish years. Loving this book.
Catherine
Love the pictures in this book. Just wished that they had more information for each picture.
Rita Caldwell
Great coffee table book!!! I look at it at least once a week as do our guests.
Shannan
There are a number of stunning, amazing photos in this book and definitely worth looking through and admiring the evolving technology and vast subject matter. I didn't give it 5 stars because I was hoping for more historical and cultural pictures. The more modern, digital photos are beautiful and detailed, but part of the legacy of over 100 years of photography is the culture and societies the magazine captured that have since disappeared and I would have loved to see more of that.
Heidi
Such a great collection of images. I loved the historical and technical details of the photographic styles. I felt that presenting this book in a larger format (at least A4) rather than the 'pocket' size would have done the images their deserved justice.
Morgan Renae
National Geographic is a godsend. It makes me feel so worldly... without even leaving my house! I loved the science portion, and the animal photos were amazing. This would make a marvelous coffee table book!
Robopuppy
This is a fantastic image collection that makes me want to purchase NatGeo prints.
Zao
Excellent photographs in high quality.
Ellen
May 16, 2011 Ellen is currently reading it
What is NOT to love.
Amy
Phenomenal pictures!
Lee Mills
Lee Mills is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Teresa L DeCicco
Teresa L DeCicco marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Yousef
Yousef marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Scott Abrams
Scott Abrams is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2015
Sanju
Sanju marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Eric Boot
Eric Boot marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Simply Beautiful Photographs
  • Global Model Village
  • Monkey Portraits
  • Polar Obsession
  • i am neurotic: (and so are you)
  • In Focus: National Geographic Greatest Photographs
  • Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher
  • 101 Two-Letter Words
  • Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
  • A History of Photography: From 1839 to the Present; The George Eastman House Collection
  • Underwater Dogs
  • What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night
  • Twilight: Photographs by Gregory Crewdson
  • Northwest Coast Indian Art: An Analysis of Form, 50th Anniversary Edition
  • Non-Adhesive Binding: Books Without Paste or Glue
  • Art Now: Volume 2
  • Beyond Snapshots: How to Take That Fancy DSLR Camera Off "Auto" and Photograph Your Life like a Pro
  • The National Parks: America's Best Idea
Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips National Geographic: The Photographs Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States