National Geographic Image Collection

National Geographic Image Collection

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Behind National Geographic’s worldwide reputation as a powerhouse of photography lies one of the finest, most extensive, and most unique graphic resources on Earth: the National Geographic Image Collection. For the first time ever, readers will plumb the fascinating depths of this immense archive from the earliest photographs collected in the late 19th century to the cutti...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Focal Point

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Image Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Image Collection

Shannan
There are a number of stunning, amazing photos in this book and definitely worth looking through and admiring the evolving technology and vast subject matter. I didn't give it 5 stars because I was hoping for more historical and cultural pictures. The more modern, digital photos are beautiful and detailed, but part of the legacy of over 100 years of photography is the culture and societies the magazine captured that have since disappeared and I would have loved to see more of that.
Heidi
Such a great collection of images. I loved the historical and technical details of the photographic styles. I felt that presenting this book in a larger format (at least A4) rather than the 'pocket' size would have done the images their deserved justice.
Morgan Renae
National Geographic is a godsend. It makes me feel so worldly... without even leaving my house! I loved the science portion, and the animal photos were amazing. This would make a marvelous coffee table book!
Robopuppy
This is a fantastic image collection that makes me want to purchase NatGeo prints.
Zao Han
Excellent photographs in high quality.
Ellen
May 16, 2011 Ellen is currently reading it
What is NOT to love.
Amy
Phenomenal pictures!
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Ken Freeman
Ken Freeman marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Lauryn Halver
Lauryn Halver is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Vivek
Vivek added it
Jul 26, 2014
Ashkan
Ashkan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Jul 02, 2014
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Natasha Watzka
Natasha Watzka marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Stepfanie
Stepfanie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Z
Z marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
National Geographic: The Photographs Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts