Start by marking “The Hanged Man” as Want to Read:
The Hanged Man

The Hanged Man (Tango Key Mysteries #1)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In a quiet home in the Fort Lauderdale suburbs a woman writhes in agony, her senses filled with the vision of an intruder entering her home, threatening the life of her child and herself. In the morning, realizing that she has psychically witnessed a murder in someone else's home, she picks up the phone and calls the police... In a posh estate, a few miles away, a man lies ...more
Published May 1st 1999 by Pinnacle (first published June 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Hanged Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hanged Man

Debra
Mar 21, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it
Widow, Mira Morales owns a New Age bookstore, reads Tarot cards for customers, and is a gifted psychic. In fact, she had nightmares about her husband’s violent death before it occurred. Mira has done her best to move on with her life until a horrible psychic image shows one man shooting another. Mira has no idea why the image came through, as psychic revelations usually occur when there is some sort of personal connection. Feeling compelled to help the police, she tells them what she saw and soo ...more
Linda
Dec 28, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
Wow, this one was so good I forgot to list it as currently reading. But I'm finished now because I didn't want to stop reading. Parapsychology at it's best and used for the worst. Add in the government and oh boy, corruption galore. The further into this fiction I went the more it made me think. The crux of the writing is that it's all believable. Psychics, mind control, remote viewing, FBI, murder and yes a love connection all make this an in-depth look at the capabilities some humans possess a ...more
Kathy  Petersen
Jul 24, 2008 Kathy Petersen rated it really liked it
Writing about paranormalities can all too easily slide into improbable contrivance. MacGregor assiduously avoids such a facile plot device which, as a skeptic who likes the endless possibilities of the human mind and spirit, I very much appreciate.

Without that twist, The Hanged Man would have been just a standard mystery in an attractive setting with nicely drawn characters and a decent plot. And, really, what more does a reader ask of this genre?
Steven Zacharius
May 08, 2012 Steven Zacharius rated it it was amazing
I thought this book by Trish MacGregor was great. It was published a long time ago and it's probably difficult to find but it's definitely worth it. It deals with a secret government mind control experiment and you couldn't wait to find out how the book was going to end. Go get it.
Dolly
Jun 24, 2014 Dolly rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

An older series I just discovered and loving! Mystery with a paranormal twist!

What I liked: Yes, there are other paranormal mysteries out there but none I have found that grabbed my attention like The Hanged Man. The character in this first in the series are complex and multidimensional. I especially liked the care Ms MacGregor took to flesh out each of the characters.

The story is told from several points of view but it's not distracting. The author made the transitions with little con
Roxann
May 10, 2013 Roxann rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I am fan of mysteries and thrillers and do like when there is a psychic character in them, MacGregor definitely delivers a tale with psychic abilities. "Project Delphi" spawned seven psychics taken from prisons, trained by the FBI, and used as assassins and spies. Years later the project was dissolved when three of its members escaped, the apparently random murder of a criminal psychologist and kidnapping of his wife is anything but random after all.
A psychic, Mira Morales, who tuned in on the m
Corina
Apr 17, 2013 Corina rated it really liked it
This was quite good. The plot was engaging. The characters were likable, and the villains were truly hateful! I particularly enjoyed the tarot and psychic references and research.

A psychic sees a murder in her mind and contacts the police to report it, telling them everything she can about the scene. She tries to forget about the vision but she can't. It keeps bothering her. Soon, she is contacted by Wayne Sheppard, a local policeman working on a murder which turns out to be the same murder she
Karen
Mar 16, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
Pretty good psychic thriller...
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it liked it
I am not usually into psychics, et al, but this book was an OK read. It had enough real action to not be overwhelmed with the 'vision' conjured up by the main characters.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This is the first book I read from this writer since he/she stopped writing and went on a religious journey. Welcome back! Him a cop, her a physic. The FBI, a kidnapping, mind control, love affairs, good stuff!
Viccy
Jun 22, 2009 Viccy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise.
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Lisa McLean
Lisa McLean marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Chelsi Davis
Chelsi Davis rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Nicole
Nicole added it
Feb 08, 2016
Christianmarie
Christianmarie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Monica Hicks-Morrison
Monica Hicks-Morrison rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Crossroad Press: The Hanged Man T. J. Macgregor Free today and tomorow 1 7 Apr 11, 2013 05:50AM
Free today and tomorrow! 1 2 Apr 11, 2013 04:41AM
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Magdalene Scrolls
  • The Nonsuch Lure
  • Killer Karma (Blossom Benedict Mysteries #1)
  • Next Victim
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • The Magician's Tale
  • Murder with Reservations (Dead-End Job Mystery, #6)
  • Madeleine's Ghost
  • Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters #1)
  • Full Moon, Bloody Moon
  • Uncatalogued (A Booklover's Mystery, #6)
  • Catch Me
  • The Body Box (Cold Case Thriller, #1)
  • The Norths Meet Murder (Mr. & Mrs. North #1)
  • Anita Blake CD Collection: Narcissus in Chains, Cerulean Sins, Micah (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #10, 11, 13)
  • Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
  • Dangerous Denial
Patricia Janeshutz MacGregor. Also writes under the pseudonyms of Trish MacGregor, Trish Janeshutz, and Alison Drake.
More about T.J. MacGregor...

Tango Key Mysteries (5 books)
  • Black Water