Start by marking “Little Bo: The Story of Bonnie Boadicea” as Want to Read:
Little Bo: The Story of Bonnie Boadicea

Little Bo: The Story of Bonnie Boadicea

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When a spunky, curious little kitten narrowly escapes being dropped in the river by an unsympathetic butler, she finds herself at the beginning of an adventurous new life. It isn't long before Bo is paired up with a young sailor who promises to show her the world, and she is off. Bo is a good luck charm to her new master, Billy, but more than that, this beautiful amethyst- ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about Little Bo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bo

Samantha
I really loved this little chapter book. Little Bo was a sweet, wonderfully descriptive tale about Little Bo, the smallest kitten in a litter, who has many adventures. The story begins on a stormy night, when the litter of kittens are born to a pure-bred Persian cat. The owner of this cat, Mrs. Edge, doesn't want the kittens because their father is the stray cat Bounder and they aren't pure-bread. The six kittens explore her mansion and bask in their mother's love until, by a twist of fate, they ...more
Alex
This is a cute little chapter book about the life of Little Bo, a tiny gray kitten who was the runt of the litter. The six kittens are born at the beginning to their mother who is a pure-bread Persian champion cat. Their father is a stray black cat named Bounder which makes the owner of the mother cat mad because he isn’t purebred. The owner, Mrs. Edge has a large mansion and the cats loved to play around, however, this won’t last for long because they are plotting to get rid of the kittens. Eve ...more
Sarah Sammis
On one of our recent trips to the library, Sean picked out Little Bo by Julie Andrews Edwards for me to read to Harriet. Although she loves books about cats she took one look at the book's length and decided it wasn't for her. I don't blame her. It's a 96 page chapter book (that's the same length as the early Magic Tree House books). She's still at the stage where she wants her books to be done quickly.

I still thought Little Bo looked like a cute book with it's lovely illustrations by Henry Cole
Cheryl
The hardcover is shaped like a picture book, but this story is long, episodic, and at times quite intense. Lots of loose ends, too - but maybe that's ok because real life has similar ones?
G.E. Porier
A great story for an early reader. A short chapter book full of kitten sized adventures! The illustrations capture the story.
Logan
Julie Andrews (yes, the singer/actress) wrote this sweet story of a little gray kitten with a white chest marking shaped like a heart. She's shy, so her father gives her a big name to help her feel brave. (Boadicea was a queen of a British tribe who led an uprising against the occupying Romans). From the rocky beginning of being abandoned in the snow to her rescue by a kind young sailor named Billy Bates, Logan was captivated. Lots of cute pictures and it's always nice when we can find books abo ...more
Danielle Martinez
A cute story about a little kitten who gets lost in the big scary world. You follow him through his many adventures and ups and downs. A great bedtime story.
Carole
Written by singer and actress Julie Andrews Edwards, Little Bo is the story of the smallest kitten of the litter that must be disposed of. An accident separates her from her littermates; it seems like she is at an end of her very short life. Fortunately a kind sailor rescues her and so begins a very adventerous life on the high seas.
Samantha
Our whole family loves this book. As each child has grown into reading, this is one book that every kid choses to read out loud to their siblings. We now have a Bo, although she is not the sweetheart of the story. I guess the name did not impart the sweetness of the story cat. This rose did not smell as sweet.
Tiffany
I read this aloud to my daughters, 6,8, and 10-years-old, after reading about it online. We are big fans of Julie Andrews. The girls loved the story and begged to read several chapters at a time, so we finished it in three sittings. We can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series!
Yo Coleman
I love it! Dame Julie is such a great children's book writer. The artwork in Little Bo is brilliant. The story starts out a little sad because of Bo being separated from his family, but from there out it becomes a fun adventure.
Hilary
My copy has a CD with Julie Andrews reading -- her marvelous reading voice adds dimension to an otherwise predictable (in a very Disney style) story. The illustrations are charming.
Nick
My 8 year old son just read this book and was insistent that I read it. He LOVES all things cat. While it was a very cute story it wouldn't go down as one of my favorites.
Ms.Warshauer
This chapter book will take a few weeks to read to the second graders. Haven't had a second grader that didn't love this story.
Kristen
I only read this book a few times when I was a lot younger, but I remember it and love it to this day. A great children's book!
Heather
This was the book I always wanted my dad to read to me every night!!!
Charissa
Cute story with beautiful illustrations.
Photina
My daughters enjoyed the book.
Chris
loved this one - children's book
BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
Alyssa (The Shady Glade) marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • The Mousehole Cat
  • Blossom Comes Home
  • The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes
  • The Storm
Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews Edwards, DBE is an award-winning English actress, singer, author and cultural icon. She is the recipient of Golden Globe, Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA, People's Choice Award, Theatre World Award, Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award honours. Andrews rose to prominence after starring in Broadway musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, as well as musical films like Mary Poppi ...more
More about Julie Andrews Edwards...
Mandy Home: A Memoir of My Early Years The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles The Very Fairy Princess Dragon: Hound of Honor