Start by marking “Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)” as Want to Read:
Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)

Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A one-stop quilting reference for beginners and expertsBetter Homes and Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting shows readers how to master every technique, method, tool, fabric, block, seam, knot, and stitch. It's like a private "show me" quilt class designed to help quilters expand their skills.
Published August 1st 2003 by Better Homes & Gardens (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Complete Guide to Quilting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Guide to Quilting

Pilar
The best book I've found so far on quilting techniques. Clearly written instructions for all kinds of techniques, with helpful photography and even clean formatting, which makes the step-by-step articles even better. I've been quilting for a year, and this book has become my go-to paper and ink resource.
Melanie I
New to quilting, or old hand...this is THE best reference guide I've found. If you're a quilter, do NOT hesitate to pick up a copy.
Nonnie
2002

This is a comprehensive LEARN HOW TO MAKE A QUILT book. A must for every quilter's reference shelf. I do think they need to update the book as new techniques have been developed over the last 10 years that needs to be included. I also would like some chapters on fast piecing techniques because I am into making charity quilts and need faster techniques. But, as I said before it is a MUST HAVE BOOK.

Chapters:
Tools Notions and Supplies
Fabric and Color
Planning Pieced Blocks ( drafting)
Planning
Rachel Rogers
This book is so helpful. Practical advice about every step of quilting. Lots of photos of the steps being described. I cannot recommend this book enough for those interested in quilting.
Julie
This book is great with color photos and some step by step instructions. It is not dummy proof though and I still found myself rather thoroughly confused at times. Definitely not as easy as it looks!
This is a great reference book for both hand and machine quilting. It's not written in a particularly *fun* way, but it's never failed me when I looked something up in it.
Darlene
I refer to this book often as I work on my quilts and continue to learn my craft. This book is one of the only reference books necessary for any quilter.
Shannon
Excellent reference book. This book has the most clear, complete, and concise instructions of any quilting books that I've read.
Carey
Love this! It's so thorough re: quilting techniques. I wish that it had a bit more in here re: modern quilting, however.
Swhe641200
10/12 Check out of the library. Give a great over view So many things I do not know and so much to remember.
Lisa
A quilting Bible for the beginner or anyone who likes to quilt. I refer to it with evert new project I begin.
Catherine Woodman
This is a competent way to initially begin quilting with project design emphasis
Eileen
An excellent reference book for anything you want to know about making a quilt.
AJ
Great book, I want to come back to this when I'm ready to get started quilting.
Jessica
Good for beginners. A great precursor to Quilts A to Z.
Mary Chambers
a fun quilting read
Maureen
Good reference book
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Skeetor
Skeetor marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Patricia Atkinson
Patricia Atkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Vickimouse61
Vickimouse61 marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Kris
Kris added it
Dec 10, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker: 12 Quilt Projects
  • Complete guide to needlework
  • Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics
  • Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls
  • Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots
  • The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More
  • Stitch-opedia: The Only Embroidery Reference You'll Ever Need
  • Quilting For Dummies
  • Vogue Sewing: Revised and Updated
  • Benni Harper's Quilt Album: A Scrapbook of Quilt Projects, Photos & Never-Before-Told Stories with Pattern(s)
  • The Modern Quilt Workshop: Patterns, Techniques, and Designs from the FunQuilts Studio
  • Elm Creek Quilts: Quilt Projects Inspired by the Elm Creek Novels
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur ...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book  New Decorating Book, 10th Edition (Better Homes and Gardens) Anyone Can Cook: Step-By-Step Recipes Just for You 501 Decorating Ideas Under $100 2001 Cross Stitch Designs:: The Essential Reference Book (Better Homes and Gardens)