Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)

Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #9)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In Magic School Bus chapter book #9, Ms Frizzle and the gang find out they must become Dinosaur Detectives at the Museum of Natural History.
Ms Frizzles and the gang just want to study dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural History. But by mistake, they end up traveling through time to the actual Mesozoic era and come face to face with real meat-eaters! Yikes! They learn about...more
Published March 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur Detectives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur Detectives

Kristin
It was a fun way of learning more about dinosaurs. I read it to my 5 year old, and while some of the information was advanced for her, I liked the pairing of fiction and non-fiction.
Dolly
Oct 05, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We've read all of the Magic School Bus picture-books that we can find and now we're working our way through the chapter books, too. We just love the Friz and her class; the characters feel like old friends to us.

This story takes us to the age of the dinosaurs. It has a lot of factual information about the different dinosaurs that lived during different periods of time. There's a lot of excitement and danger in this tale and we enjoyed reading it together.
Morris
"My favorite part was Liz, the crazy lizard, rescued Ralphie from the giant dinosaur."
LuAnn
Always a good teaching tool but not alway effective for just reading, Magic School Bus sometimes takes too much time to stop the story and give information. All the sidebars can also be distracting, but elementary teachers seem to love the books anyway and I suppose the kids do too.
Melz (mele) manako
it was cool it had heaps of facts like the big plant eaters plants eggs are the same size as a football and its funny when phoebe plays with the tiny dinosaurs. :) a very good book hope u like it.
Plainfield Public Library District
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Daniel Ho
i want to go into to this book becuse i dinosaurs.
Theresa
science supplement to add to the classroom library
Zoya
Zoya marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Christina Wells
Christina Wells marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Willow Anderson
Willow Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Meghan
Meghan added it
Aug 12, 2014
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Danielle Smith
Danielle Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Mrsvvnhongmail.com
Mrsvvnhongmail.com marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Myrnie
Myrnie added it
Jun 03, 2014
Arnaud
Arnaud marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Joni Chism
Joni Chism marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15) Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8) Tales for the Midnight Hour Polar Bear Patrol (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #13) Rocky Road Trip (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #20)