Start by marking “The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga, #1)

The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  13 reviews
“Stephen has created worlds that enthralled me and characters that intrigued me – the kind of thing that every writer aspires to do. I give The Exodus Gate a resounding 8 / 10 – incredibly imaginative and highly enjoyable, and I really looking forward to Book 2, The Storm Guardians.”-DaveBrendon’s Fantasy and SciFi Weblog (review)

“With The Exodus Gate author Stephen Zimmer
Kindle Edition, First edition, 578 pages
Published March 6th 2009 by Seventh Star Press (first published February 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Exodus Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exodus Gate

D. Alexx Miller
The Exodus Gate, by Stephen Zimmer, is a modern fantasy novel that is the first release in the Rising Dawn Saga. The story unfolds around Benedict Darwin, host of a popular late night radio show that deals with the paranormal. Benedict comes into possession of a virtual reality simulator that turns out to be something far greater and more powerful than he ever expected. Meanwhile, supernatural powers from the depths of the Abyss and their human allies are working tirelessly to bring about a One ...more
Daniel Cann
3 1/2 STARS

This urban fantasy novel is the first entry in the Rising Dawn Saga and sees the host of a popular late night radio show Benedict Darwin coming into possession of a virtual reality simulator that turns out to be something far greater than he ever expected.

‘Supernatural powers from the depths of the Abyss and their human allies are working tirelessly to bring about a One World Government. They are also labouring to bridge the boundaries between time and space to bring back the Nephil
Orchid
Rebecca
The Exodus Gate is an urban fantasy and I have to say that I really enjoyed the story. Mr. Zimmer uses a formal language style that I found refreshing and interesting. The main characters have access to what they believe is a cool Virtual Reality game which takes them to a world before the Great Flood . . . Noah’s world. There they meet a race of wolf people who are like nothing they have ever encountered before. This is just the beginning. Evil forces have big plans and that is where the story ...more
Shan Winslow
Excellent setup for what surely will be a very epic scale series. Zimmer really makes you care about the characters in this alternate world, as well as the struggles they face in the battle between the forces of good and evil. Furthermore, he does a great job of creating different races of beings on both sides of the arena. I, for one, really enjoyed the sections devoted to the An-Ki and their continuing involvement in the scheme of things. Can't wait to dive into the next one, to see where it t ...more
Kim Justice
Jul 27, 2013 Kim Justice rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all my fantasy readers
Shelves: reviewed
Un-like any other book that I have read, this book took me a little bit to actually get deep in to it. And on that note... I AM SO GLAD I KEPT READING!!

Author Stephen Zimmer writes to the point where there is no doubt what the place, characters, story is all about. The detail with in the pages of this unique amazing book is so vivid you feel....

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Chase
Apr 26, 2011 Chase rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Coast to Coast AM listeners
Exodus Gate was truly a joy to read. I am definitely one of those who could not put this book down. This book is a very interesting mix of Science Fiction and Fantasy set in the end times(religion) that draws parallels of current and past events in our time.

Also if you are a regular listener of Coast to Coast AM and enjoy this genre you owe it to yourself to read this book!
edifanob
Unfortunately it was not my taste.

The Exodus Gate is a solid start of an end of time story mixed of adventure, history, science, fantasy and an obvious trace of religion. If you like this kind of mix then read it.

Full review
Robin Blankenship
I loved this book. I love modern fantasy stories. It was a pretty in depth story but Stephen Zimmer did an amazing job of weaving the tell with the right amount of detail and back story as well as the plot progressing. It was the right balance of fantasy, myth, supernatural and contemporary themes.
Yagiz Erkan
The Exodus Gate is an enjoyable modern fantasy story. In my opinion, the book has its flaws but I can see why a lot of people would like it very much.

For a full review: http://speculativebookreview.blogspot...
Leslie King
I was taken on a wonderous journy and introduce to some amazing characters that have enlightened me to the wonders of an alternate realm!

Can"t wait to see how they converge upon each others lives.

Lindsey
See my reviews at the Las Vegas Review-Journal's Book Nook at www.lvrj.com/blogs/booknook.
David
did not hold my attention, stopped reading it
Steve Mckinney
Steve Mckinney marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Denise Belt
Denise Belt marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Hollowstone
  • Redheart (Leland Dragon #1)
  • Splinter (Whisper Walker Series #1)
  • Shadows of Penumbra (Apocalypse Exalted, #1)
  • Ice Diaries
  • Eternal Vigilance (Eternal Vigilance #1)
  • Broken Butterflies
  • The Scent of Jade
  • Ninth Crossing: Discovery
  • Soul Catcher (Soul Saga, #1)
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Once We Were Kings
  • Changes (The Randall Lee Mysteries #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3)
  • Angelus (The Human Genus, #1)
  • Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Niki Slobodian, #3)
Born in Denver Colorado in 1974, Stephen Zimmer is an author and filmmaker currently residing in Lexington, Kentucky.

The Exodus Gate, the first book in the Rising Dawn Saga, was Stephen's debut novel, published through Seventh Star Press.

Stephen's independent films as a writer/director include the indie feature Shadows Light (Modern Fantasy/Supernatural Thriller) and the horror short film The Sir
More about Stephen Zimmer...

The Rising Dawn Saga (3 books)
  • The Storm Guardians  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #2)
  • The Seventh Throne  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #3)
Crown of Vengeance The Storm Guardians  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #2) Dream of Legends Spirit of Fire (Fires in Eden, #3) The Seventh Throne  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #3)