Start by marking “The Circle” as Want to Read:
The Circle

The Circle

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The New York Times -- bestselling author of Practical Intuition shows readers how to use the power of one simple wish to transform their lives.
Published September 10th 2001 by Tarcher

To ask other readers questions about The Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circle

Jackie Morrison
My review in Dialect Magazine: http://dialectmagazine.com/2012/02/bo...

Most wishes come true in a simple fashion but this multi-layered book on how to master conscious creation is a simple but deep read. Laura Day is not too spiritual and not at all religious. She writes a 9-point plan to a wish turned into reality.

Her newer edition of “The Circle” includes a workbook which many find helpful in implementing Day’s techniques. Many things come true one way or another. Even when wishes don’t manife
k8beeZ
This is really beautiful book about intention setting and manifestation. It's a smaller book, but is really chock filled. THIS should have received all the attention, NOT THE SECRET. It's not hype and it's not just focused on manifesting like a huge coporation for yourself (like The Secret seemed to be tinged with-- big material successes. This turned me off to the Secret's vibe. Yes, it's nice to do well financially, but it seemed quite flaunted with the authors of The Secret.) The Circle is de ...more
Sandra
This book might be difficult to review -as it could be interpreted as a religion instead of a movement. The Circle is a place where all is well and you accept good/bad as life experiences. This teaches that everything can be reinterpreted to make even bad things seem better by finding a hidden learning possibility out of it.

I can try understand the "enlightment" or inner Chi experience of life, but it is not as easy to live this lifestyle. This book talked in the possibilities of achieving it, b
Tecla
Loved it so much that I'm going to reread it and I rarely reread books.
Gilbert Glenn
This book has a good concept, live in your dream world and it will become a reality. My problems are; it's too spiritual, some parts of the book come across as weird and ineffective to me, and the writing doesn't appeal to me. If you read it and filter out the spiritual stuff, you can get so good ideas. I liked the mental priorities it mentions, that can be useful along with much of the things in this book. I do not recommend this book but it all depends on the reader. I hope anyone who reads my ...more
Satia
Here is my review. I gave this book no stars. That should tell you how my review for this book will go.

I did, however, find a couple of nice quotes but they are more interesting out of context than they are when read within the pages of this thankfully slender book.
Teri
The is a very clear, very simple, solution base of thought efforts for self-realization to send our Spirit soaring, and swirling and centered in our own circle. A teaching of practical tools to see ourselves in our best space, our best light, where we offer up our best self. It is short and sweet.
Akemi G
I used to have the book -- the original simple format without the journaling part added at the end.
It's my favorite by Laura Day. Yes, it's basically the Law of Attraction, but put in a magically attractive way. I love the book design and organization, too -- makes great gift. <3
Vennittah
Very similar to the secret and the alchemist. a very quick read. Actually just found it laying around the house picked it up and finished it in one sitting. If you ever think of giving someone the secret but you know they would read it, recommend this book instead.
Venkataraman Kumbakonam S.
This is a wonderful guide book for practicing the Circle Meditation. Some of the ideas are no doubt radical and could be fully understood and assimilated only in due course by sincere practice.

The power and clarity behind the writing is amazing.
Karen
This book contains information and exercises for self-discovery. The author, Laura Day, used the "logical" approach in her teachings on the use of intuition. I will most likely work my way through it more than once.
Amanda
I enjoy a good book on intention, and Laura Day is very succinct with her advice. I recommend this book for anyone looking to shift their thinking, especially in today's discombobulated world.
Yvette
I like the idea, and I like some of the quotes if they are taken out of context, but this whole book brings something to be desired.
Karen Holmes
A beautifully simple and elegant book with a powerful message. Reading it and working it really did change my life -- profoundly.
Rachel
So far it seems very "The Secret" to me! I really enjoy this kind of information
Ammu
The secret was way more compelling for me...
Elise
Elise added it
Apr 08, 2015
CJ Romberger
CJ Romberger marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Amanda McCrohan
Amanda McCrohan marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Kimberly Sacchetti
Kimberly Sacchetti marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Polina53151
Polina53151 marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
  • Zeno and the Tortoise: How to Think Like a Philosopher
  • Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness: A Self-help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • The New Diary: How to use a journal for self-guidance and expanded creativity.
  • Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics
  • The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now
  • Soar with Your Strengths: A Simple Yet Revolutionary Philosophy of Business and Management
  • Reflections in a Jaundiced Eye
  • How To Say It for Women
  • The Truth about You: Your Secret to Success [With DVD and Note Pad]
  • What Do I Do When I Want To Do Everything?: A Revolutionary Programme For Doing Everything That You Love
  • Get Everything Done And Still Have Time to Play
  • Crones Don't Whine: Concentrated Wisdom for Juicy Women
  • The Life Coaching Handbook: Everything You Need to Be an Effective Life Coach
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing your Life
  • The Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment
  • Three Black Skirts: All You Need to Survive
  • The Wind Is My Mother
Practical Intuition Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want How to Rule the World from Your Couch Practical Intuition: How to Harness the Power of Your Instinct and Make It Work for You Practical Intuition in Love: Let Your Intuition Guide You to the Love of Your Life