Start by marking “The Education of an American Dreamer: How a Son of Greek Immigrants Learned His Way from a Nebraska Diner to Washington, Wall Street, and Beyond” as Want to Read:

With insight and refreshing candor, Peter G. Peterson describes his remarkable life story beginning in Kearney, Nebraska as an eight-year-old manning the cash register at his father's Greek diner through his "Mad Men" advertising days, to Secretary of Commerce in Nixon's paranoid White House, to the tumultuous days of Lehman Brothers, and to the creation of The Blackstone ...more
Published June 8th 2009 by Twelve

To ask other readers questions about The Education of an American Dreamer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Education of an American Dreamer

Vera at LuxuryReading.Com
Feb 16, 2016 Vera at LuxuryReading.Com rated it it was amazing
Born to Greek immigrants and raised in Kearney, Nebraska in the 1930's, Peter Petersen learned the meaning of thrift and hard work from his father, who ran a 24-hour diner. From a young age, Peterson practiced his sales skills by selling meal cards to the diner's patrons; he did exceptionally well in his studies and set his sights on something bigger than the small town of Kearney. After a short stint at MIT and figuring out that he was not cut out for engineering, Peterson enrolled at Northwest ...more
Bobby
Jun 22, 2009 Bobby rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, own
A Goodreads Giveaway...

I thought this was an enlightening read although sometimes hard to read with big-wig, political words that required my full undivided attention just to keep up.

Author Peter G. Peterson seems to be a naturally positive person who's drive has seemed to make an impact on hard, scary issues including none other than the economic future of this great country, The United States.

The beginning and last chapters were by far my favorites as I truly felt I was learning something va
Holly
Jul 03, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a true American Dream story
Recommended to Holly by: First-Reads
I just finished last night (stayed up way past my bedtime). This was a very good book. I am going to re-read it as I tend to swallow books I enjoy whole in the first reading and sometimes miss the finer details. I will give a more in-depth review later. 4 stars is my first impression. A truely inspiring story and an aptly titled book!
Journeywoman
Jul 08, 2010 Journeywoman rated it really liked it
I'm astonished at how much I enjoyed this book. I had to read it for work and now I'm so glad I did.

This is extremely relevant and full of common sense.
Kenneth Lorence
Jul 29, 2012 Kenneth Lorence rated it it was amazing
This is a great autobiography from Peter Petersen. A good mentor and a very accomplished man.
Neil
Nov 01, 2009 Neil rated it really liked it
Thanks Chris.
Kenan
Kenan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Rui Yao
Rui Yao marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Benedict Baerst
Benedict Baerst rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2016
Sean
Sean added it
Aug 25, 2016
Ben Anderson
Ben Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Bowen
Bowen rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
myrsini
myrsini rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Brian Huff
Brian Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Rodrigo R. Coutinho
Rodrigo R. Coutinho rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
P
P rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Athena Kwan
Athena Kwan rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Piratheep Mahent
Piratheep Mahent is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2016
Emmanuel Gerardin
Emmanuel Gerardin rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Dr. Castillo
Dr. Castillo marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Edith Wilson
Edith Wilson rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Semere
Semere added it
Jan 27, 2016
Han
Han rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Kerry Lumbard
Kerry Lumbard marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
David Sutherland
David Sutherland marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016