Start by marking “The Education of an American Dreamer: How a Son of Greek Immigrants Learned His Way from a Nebraska Diner to Washington, Wall Street, and Beyond” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With insight and refreshing candor, Peter G. Peterson describes his remarkable life story beginning in Kearney, Nebraska as an eight-year-old manning the cash register at his father's Greek diner through his "Mad Men" advertising days, to Secretary of Commerce in Nixon's paranoid White House, to the tumultuous days of Lehman Brothers, and to the creation of The Blackstone ...more
Published June 8th 2009 by Twelve

To ask other readers questions about The Education of an American Dreamer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Education of an American Dreamer

Bobby
A Goodreads Giveaway...

I thought this was an enlightening read although sometimes hard to read with big-wig, political words that required my full undivided attention just to keep up.

Author Peter G. Peterson seems to be a naturally positive person who's drive has seemed to make an impact on hard, scary issues including none other than the economic future of this great country, The United States.

The beginning and last chapters were by far my favorites as I truly felt I was learning something va
Holly
Jul 03, 2009 Holly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a true American Dream story
Recommended to Holly by: First-Reads
I just finished last night (stayed up way past my bedtime). This was a very good book. I am going to re-read it as I tend to swallow books I enjoy whole in the first reading and sometimes miss the finer details. I will give a more in-depth review later. 4 stars is my first impression. A truely inspiring story and an aptly titled book!
Journeywoman
I'm astonished at how much I enjoyed this book. I had to read it for work and now I'm so glad I did.

This is extremely relevant and full of common sense.
Kenneth Lorence
This is a great autobiography from Peter Petersen. A good mentor and a very accomplished man.
Neil
Thanks Chris.
Peter Yuexin
Peter Yuexin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Eliot Molling
Eliot Molling marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Cici
Cici is currently reading it
May 11, 2015
- marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Paul
Paul added it
Mar 31, 2015
James
James marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Omer Dor
Omer Dor marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Prashanth Jnanendra
Prashanth Jnanendra marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Paul Wedgwood
Paul Wedgwood marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Running on Empty: How the Democratic and Republican Parties Are Bankrupting Our Future and What Americans Can Do About It Gray Dawn: How the Coming Age Wave Will Transform America--and the World Will America Grow up Before it Grows Old: How the Coming Social Security Crisis Threatens You, Your Family and Your Countr y Facing Up: How to Rescue the Economy From Crushing Debt & Restore the American Dream Finding America's Voice: A Strategy for Reinvigorating U.S. Public Diplomacy