Stargate Atlantis: Dead End (Stargate Atlantis, #12)

Stargate Atlantis: Dead End (Stargate Atlantis #12)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Dr. Rodney McKay must try and rescue his friends who are stranded on an icy world on the edge of the Pegasus Galaxy.
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published July 16th 2010 by Fandemonium Books (first published September 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stargate Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stargate Atlantis

Michelle
They discover an address almost at the edge of the gate range that the ancients were experimenting with and decide to investigate. They get stuck on a freezing icy planet and only survive because there are people who have managed to survive the harsh conditions. So try to save the people from the worsening weather and get home in one piece. [return][return]Ouch. This is one of the poorer SGA contributions. I really have to question whether this author knew anything about Atlantis. I think he may...more
Angela
Rodney finds evidence on Atlantis of a new gate address that would take them to an Ancient Outpost. It is further out than any other so far. The storyline is decent and has some nice plot points. The reason it only gets 2 stars is that a lot of the characters don't really talk like they do on TV. They are referred to as Tauri, and that never happens in Atlantis. There's a few other niggles with terminology, and I suspect that the author prefers SG1 to SGA. Carter is mentioned a lot, even though...more
Elaine
This was supposed to be a team story, and I thought I'd like it. It is good to see Teyla and Ronon get their due 'screen time' but if you're a Sheppard fan, you won't care for this book much, as the author apparently doesn't care much for Sheppard. Shame.
Meera Flame
I think this has been my favourite SGA book so far. The characters were all very true to form, which is very important coz, man, I love those guys!! Lots of Zelenka/Rodney competitive moments, albeit over a distance, still fun. I loved the cold, snowy setting and thought the whole place was very evocatively described, I could almost feel that snow and ice. And the tension building as the situation deteriorates, I felt that too. Great story, really exciting and full of interest. Deffo my favourit...more
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Another book about our favourite group of SG. Well for me anyway. I am a Stargate Atlantis guy... well was since it ended a couple of years back... unfortunally.

In this tale our adventurous group goes to a planet undergonig an ice age (or the beginning of one) after discovering that something was being research there by the Ancients.

Plainly this hasn't a plot per se. They enter a world where they are rescued due to a problem in the stargate that makes the puddle jumper crash.

As McKay and Shepp...more
T.S. Smead
This writer failed to capture the essence of the characters which is crucial in writing for a series where the fans know the characters inside and out, hanging on every joke, quirk, and so on. I had to reread the first chapter 5 times because I couldn't get into it, would put it down, and then forget everything about it. Once I got a several chapters in, I was still unimpressed with the story arc.

I'd definitely skip this read.
April Helms
was a fan of the Stargate Atlantis series. My best friend recommended this one to me. It was a nice way to get my Atlantis fix. Was the book perfect? No -- the plot was kind of thin. But it was a lot of fun, and the characters were spot on. It read like a typical episode. Fans looking for something in-depth might be disappointed, but those looking for a fast-paced read will enjoy it. Basically, the intrepid crew of Atlantis go to a forgotten planet whose population is being threatened by an out...more
Miss Clark
I. S.
Better characterization than the last one, but still off in places. And I'm kind of getting tired of Ronon & Teyla always being the ones who need rescuing... But overall, a good story - would have liked to see this as an episode.
Sally
It's always good to read a Stargate novel where a. the writer is a fan, b. the characterisation is decent, c. there's team (even if they do split up, which is realistic) and d. the plot is readable/understandable.
Beth - ;)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to anyone who liked the Atlantis series on TV.
Shendara
Very much in character, very well written and an entertaining, logical story.
Sarai
I have to admit I've missed the group glad I was able to finish this one!
Gene
Good read, would have made for a good episode.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Breeanna
Breeanna marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Shahar
Shahar marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Marta Okońska
Marta Okońska marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Alyisa
Alyisa added it
Jun 24, 2014
Joel Golden
Joel Golden marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Battle of the Fang Scars Wrath of Iron Brotherhood of the Storm Blood of Asaheim