Start by marking “Dead End (Stargate Atlantis, #12)” as Want to Read:
Dead End (Stargate Atlantis, #12)

Dead End (Stargate Atlantis #12)

Dr. Rodney McKay must try and rescue his friends who are stranded on an icy world on the edge of the Pegasus Galaxy.
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published July 16th 2010 by Fandemonium Books (first published September 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dead End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead End

Michelle
Nov 29, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
They discover an address almost at the edge of the gate range that the ancients were experimenting with and decide to investigate. They get stuck on a freezing icy planet and only survive because there are people who have managed to survive the harsh conditions. So try to save the people from the worsening weather and get home in one piece. [return][return]Ouch. This is one of the poorer SGA contributions. I really have to question whether this author knew anything about Atlantis. I think he may ...more
Angela
Jan 22, 2014 Angela rated it it was ok
Rodney finds evidence on Atlantis of a new gate address that would take them to an Ancient Outpost. It is further out than any other so far. The storyline is decent and has some nice plot points. The reason it only gets 2 stars is that a lot of the characters don't really talk like they do on TV. They are referred to as Tauri, and that never happens in Atlantis. There's a few other niggles with terminology, and I suspect that the author prefers SG1 to SGA. Carter is mentioned a lot, even though ...more
Denise
Feb 02, 2015 Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
While attempting to investigate an Ancient experiment, Shepherd and his team end up stranded on an ice planet with a busted jumper, no way to call home and no way to return to Atlantis. An okay storyline with decent character voices - Not one of the better SGA books, but made for an entertaining enough read.
Elaine
May 11, 2013 Elaine rated it it was ok
This was supposed to be a team story, and I thought I'd like it. It is good to see Teyla and Ronon get their due 'screen time' but if you're a Sheppard fan, you won't care for this book much, as the author apparently doesn't care much for Sheppard. Shame.
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Another book about our favourite group of SG. Well for me anyway. I am a Stargate Atlantis guy... well was since it ended a couple of years back... unfortunally.

In this tale our adventurous group goes to a planet undergonig an ice age (or the beginning of one) after discovering that something was being research there by the Ancients.

Plainly this hasn't a plot per se. They enter a world where they are rescued due to a problem in the stargate that makes the puddle jumper crash.

As McKay and Shepp
Kati
Sep 30, 2009 Kati rated it liked it
A whole star off for hinky 'gate science - you can't materialize in the plasma tunnel, because there's no plasma tunnel, you disintegrate in the first gate and then reintegrate again on the other end! - and another one down for rather illogical decisions, mostly made by Sheppard. Also, the characters felt more like two-dimensional versions of themselves, especially Ronon and Teyla: Ronon the Hunter! Teyla the "let's talk about mat-weaving" Cultural Attache! It's like the author put every charact ...more
Miss Clark
Sep 30, 2010 Miss Clark rated it did not like it
April Helms
Jan 02, 2011 April Helms rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
was a fan of the Stargate Atlantis series. My best friend recommended this one to me. It was a nice way to get my Atlantis fix. Was the book perfect? No -- the plot was kind of thin. But it was a lot of fun, and the characters were spot on. It read like a typical episode. Fans looking for something in-depth might be disappointed, but those looking for a fast-paced read will enjoy it. Basically, the intrepid crew of Atlantis go to a forgotten planet whose population is being threatened by an out ...more
Luci Ann Keenagh
Feb 22, 2014 Luci Ann Keenagh rated it it was amazing
I think this has been my favourite SGA book so far. The characters were all very true to form, which is very important coz, man, I love those guys!! Lots of Zelenka/Rodney competitive moments, albeit over a distance, still fun. I loved the cold, snowy setting and thought the whole place was very evocatively described, I could almost feel that snow and ice. And the tension building as the situation deteriorates, I felt that too. Great story, really exciting and full of interest. Deffo my favourit ...more
Tiffany Smead
Jan 30, 2014 Tiffany Smead rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi
This writer failed to capture the essence of the characters which is crucial in writing for a series where the fans know the characters inside and out, hanging on every joke, quirk, and so on. I had to reread the first chapter 5 times because I couldn't get into it, would put it down, and then forget everything about it. Once I got a several chapters in, I was still unimpressed with the story arc.

I'd definitely skip this read.
Sally
Jul 08, 2010 Sally rated it really liked it
Shelves: stargate
It's always good to read a Stargate novel where a. the writer is a fan, b. the characterisation is decent, c. there's team (even if they do split up, which is realistic) and d. the plot is readable/understandable.
I. S.
Feb 02, 2011 I. S. rated it liked it
Better characterization than the last one, but still off in places. And I'm kind of getting tired of Ronon & Teyla always being the ones who need rescuing... But overall, a good story - would have liked to see this as an episode.
Beth - ;)
Jul 17, 2010 Beth - ;) rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to anyone who liked the Atlantis series on TV.
Shendara
Jun 27, 2010 Shendara rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Very much in character, very well written and an entertaining, logical story.
Gene
Oct 20, 2010 Gene rated it liked it
Good read, would have made for a good episode.
Mariah Walton
Mariah Walton rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Aaron Demidoff
Aaron Demidoff rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
Joann
Joann rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
Karen Kaiser
Karen Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Viktoria Orha
Viktoria Orha rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2017
Chad Davis
Chad Davis rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Bigcstyle
Bigcstyle rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Erina
Erina rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Marichee
Marichee rated it liked it
May 19, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
C. S.
C. S. rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)
  • Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Brimstone (Stargate Atlantis, #15)
  • Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
  • Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Siren Song (Stargate SG-1, #6)
  • The Barque of Heaven (Stargate SG-1, #11)
  • Allegiance  (Stargate Atlantis, #18)
Chris Wraight is a British author of fantasy and science fiction.

His first novel was published in 2008; since then, he has published books set in the Warhammer Fantasy and Stargate:Atlantis universes, and has upcoming titles in the Warhammer 40K setting.

He is based in the south-west of England.
More about Chris Wraight...

Stargate Atlantis (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)
  • Halcyon (Stargate Atlantis, #4)
  • Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Blood Ties (Stargate Atlantis, #8)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)