Start by marking “Mistress to the Beast (Urban Fairytales #1)” as Want to Read:
Mistress to the Beast (Urban Fairytales #1)

Mistress to the Beast (Urban Fairytales #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  1,642 ratings  ·  81 reviews

Can this beauty tame the beast?

Her father's shop is more than just a family business. It's the place they lovingly call home. When a powerful property development company stoops to barely legal tactics to force them to sell, Lila's outrage spurs her straight to the source to fight the injustice.

A serious accident left Hunter Jamison's body scarred. A bitter split from hi

Published June 17th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Mistress to the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress to the Beast

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Best Interracial Reads
13th out of 475 books — 392 voters
The Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonBeast by Pepper PaceDestino by Sienna MynxGo Fetch! by Shelly LaurenstonDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson
Love Story (BW/WM)
21st out of 318 books — 293 voters

More lists with this book...

Charisma Knight
This book was hot, and sexy as hell. Hunter Jamison, a property developer. He was also deemed The Beast because of his business tactics. Hunter used to be a player, that is until he had a horrible car accident that left him scarred for life. I'm no good at book reviews, so I'm just writing this straight from the heart.

Lila's father, James Saunders was in danger of losing his business to Hunter, and was hell bent on saving her father's business. After sending letters and calling the company in v
Nile Princess
My guilty pleasure....

Ok, so I know the premise was slightly ridiculous. And I know that Lila pretty much prostituted herself out to Hunter to save her father's business but, surprisingly, I really enjoyed this book. It was just a well written story. Parts that would normally make me roll my eyes somehow didn't. Even though Hunter is demanding and seemingly merciless to Lila in the beginning, the author does a good job of getting us inside his head so we know he's not just being a jerk for being
This just didn't capture me like I expected it to. I liked the idea of modern day beauty and the beast, but I just couldn't get into it. I think part of it was that the girl was black and I thought she was latin American. On my kindle the cover model looked lighter skinned and so I started the book with the image of her having a more mediterranean look, italian or spanish. So every time she was described I was thrown for a loop. Throughout the book I kept fighting the original image in my head, ...more
I didn't really care for this book. I don't know if it was because I was expecting something a little more historical (the word "mistress" makes me think of flouncy dresses, demure ladies who are caught in the web of a scandalous life and rakish men who undoubtedly hold a title and own a large house with plenty of land and horses) or what, but I never really connected to the characters.

For starters, Lila spends the first half of the book angry and ashamed that she's basically whoring herself out
Since Hunter Jamison’s accident that scarred half his face, he’s turned his back on the social life he once lived and has hardened his heart. His women can’t look at him in the face and only want his money.

When Lila Saunders barges into his office, furious over his company using force to buy her father’s store, she claims she’ll do anything to get him to stop. Her father’s fragile health is connected to the stress of potentially losing his livelihood.

With his most recent woman leaving him, he
Alexis *Reality Bites*
I say this gets 3 1/2 stars!
This was a quick read for me with just a little over 200pgs. It has the Classic Beauty and the Beast theme where two unlikely people find love in an unlikely situation!

Book Summary below from Goodreads
Her father-s shop is more than just a family business. It-s the place they lovingly call home. When a powerful property development company stoops to barely legal tactics to force them to sell, Lila-s outrage spurs her straight to the source to fight the injustice.

A ser
When I picked this book up, I was expecting kind of a real life beauty and the beast, but instead I got this.
Honestly, I hated this book. I can't think of a single thing that I enjoyed.
There was the semi-abusive main male character who had major anger management problems and who seems to have no problem with basically raping a girl who he has brought in as basically a prostitute.
He was annoying. She was annoying. Their relationship came out of nowhere...I'm stopping there because I could go on
Way too predictable

Okay, the story itself isn't bad, but this is so formulaic and predictable that it's kinda annoying. I actually thought I was reading "Run" for a minute. If you're looking for a generic love story, then this is it. The H is not truly an alpha but is just an asshole. The h on the other hand, is not a wilting violet. She's strong. Unfortunately the transition from hate to love was handled very clumsily and did not make much sense. I suggest grabbing "Run" instead. It may be me,
What can I say the beast was really a beast and the beauty was just that . When you treat people with love and respect wonderful things happen, In this story a man deemed the beast turned into a prince and his beauty became his princess this erotic fairytale is a wonderful story.
D+/C-- read

I liked how ... whatever Lila was about her looks, and how Hunter fell in love - but it just seemed to rely on the romance tropes/genre itself - you believe/know the hero and heroine will fall in love so you're just going to go with it. There were a lot of holes for me.

I did appreciate how Lila was still her own person and fought with Hunter; I just don't believe someone who disgusts you, that you hate and/or fear leads to the best mind blowing sex you've ever had - so I guess it was
Lady Raven RAVE!
LOVEDDDDDDD IT couldn't put this book down from start to finish had to get up early the next morning and finish reading 1:30am thats how good it was for ME. this book for me was a surprise didnt think it would be this good great read must have for a collection.
I can't begin to express how much I disliked this book. The main couple was juvenile, plot predictable. Lila is physically perfect and Hunter has facial scars. A lot of emphasis is placed on physical appearances in the story, it's all they talk about. I knew this book was in trouble when Lilia fainted at the sight of Hunter's scars. They enter into a strange contract, which is actually Hunter paying to have sex with Lila. The first night they are together he practically rapes her, but it's ok be ...more
This is the first book I have read by author Eve Vaughn. I absolutely loved this book.

The story, a contemporary, has a beauty and the beast type feel to it but very well done. The Heroine, Lila, is a nurse who has taken some time off to help her ailing father run his shop which is more than just a family business. It's the place they lovingly call home. When a powerful property development company stoops to barely legal tactics to force them to sell, Lila's outrage spurs her straight to the sou
I know a number of people seem to like this book, but it didn't work for me at all. Lila effectively does prostitute herself for her father, and Hunter blackmails her into it and is forceful and demeaning to her the first few times he does take her. Not to mention I found it utterly ridiculous that Hunter changes around from being a complete a-hole about everything in life to a tender loving partner in one quick moment of revelation. People don't work that way.
I had my misgivings about this. Obviously, its a turn at Beauty and the Beast. And a pretty good one. Hunter, aka. The Beast, is scarred physically and emotionally, and is unable to trust women. Lila, starts off to save her father, by signing for 3 months as the Mistress of the Beast, but then she is compelled to heal the Beast.

Its a sweet story. Short and emotional, with only one nasty rejection part. Worth a read.
Genney Blass
4. stars. This book was very interesting. How harsh Hunter was but it was understandable he have been going with his trauma of faced scarred and didn't want pity. But Lila looked the inside of this man, and brought him so much happiness in those days with him, than in his lifetimes.

Two Mottos on this book for me are:
(1) Don't judge the book by is cover
(2) Enjoy life to the fullest.
For a shorter story it was good. I enjoyed most of the interaction between the two characters. The only thing I didn't care for was the anger towards the beginning of the book between them; but thankfully it didn't last too long.
Sam Crescent
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was hot and sweet and everything in between.

It was nice to have the hero turn sweet and for the one woman.

An excellent read.
disregarding the preposterous plot, their were so many errors in this book, no character development and a rushed storyline. I would not recommend this book.
Well, if this was meant to be a sexed up version of Beauty and the Beast, I think that it did a pretty good job of it. The Beast makes sure that Beauty has to stay with him in order for her father to "live", she falls in love with him because he is transformed by her "inner" beauty and then he sends her home because her father needs her and she realises she is in love with the Beast. Then they all live Happily Ever After.
I enjoyed this version and I rarely look to deeply into details in stories.
it is a interracial modern day of beauty and the best, very good read i though it was a wolf shifting book.
I really enjoyed this book! A woman (Lila) is in need of help for her father's failing business so she goes to find it. When she sees the cruel man (Hunter) who can either save or sink her she faints! As Lila comes to, the man has a deal for her, be his mistress or no help! Hunter feels this is the only way out since his face was left horribly scared in an accident, causing him to feel hideous and alone.

I suggest you pick this up and read it. It's a quick read and can be read on a short flight.
Ragatnia Clara
Nice reading for a quick read.
Lila Sanders marah akan pembangunan mega mall yang akan menggusur toko ayahnya. Toko kecil itu merupakan hasil kerja keras ayahnya dan sekarang ayahnya sedang jatuh sakit. Tidak bisa tinggal diam, Lila mendatangi perusahaan Ramsey dan bertemu dengan pemiliknya yang terkenal Beast, Hunter Jamison. Pria itu begitu arogan, kasar, temperamen, dan di wajahnya terdapat luka mengerikan akibat suatu kecelakaan mobil. Lila tidak gentar dan memohon agar Hunter tidak membeli toko ayahnnya.
Hunter menyadari
I read this book a few weeks ago and I guess I forgot to write a review. Shame on me. Anyway, I loved this book. Hunter may have appeared to be a beast, however not because of his looks. It was his beastly attitude, but I loved him anyway. I was able to see behind the facade and so was Lila. This was a modern days spin of Beauty and the Beast and Indecent Proposal. I loved it. Eve Vaughn wove a wonderful story of two people with their own issues and demons who come together for selfish purposes ...more
it's not that i didn't like the book or the story as a whole, but i certainly hated the beginning of it. where the premise of this modern twist of the original beauty and the beast story was ok, it was also very risky. and kindof atounding. my mouth was gaping open more than half the time because the author left nothing to the imagination when it came to constructing the male MC's brazen ways. i guess i shouldn't have been that shocked but i just couldn't help myself. plus i thought that the fem ...more
Laverne Brewster
3 stars. This is a sexier rendering of "Beauty and the Beast". Here : beauty, Lila, is a nurse, beast, is Hunter, a rich and powerful businessman... they play lets make a deal, beauty becomes his property, they have mind blowing sex, fall in love and live happily ever after.
Neisau *Loves Alpha Males in any form*
Im sorry but I wasn't sold with the story line!

I just felt like the dialogue between the main characters wasn't believeable as well as some of the situations like the first time they slept together I thought that was a bit hard to swallow.

Eloivene Blake

I tired but nope - it was just not for me. The hero is a shallow horndog and the heroine a misguided ornament with pretend backbone - didn't like them and their relationship is just tons of sex - hot sex mind you but I read for more than a few steamy sex scenes
  • Winning Dawn
  • The Blacker the Berry
  • Love Script
  • Trolling Nights
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • The Grunt (The Lonely Hearts, #3)
  • Her Russian Billionaire (50 Loving States #2)
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Juicy
  • Special Forces
  • Something Unexpected
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
NYT and USA Today Bestselling Author Eve Vaughn has enjoyed creating characters and making up stories from an early age. As a child she was always getting into mischief, so when she lost her television privileges (which was often), writing was her outlet. Her stories have gotten quite a bit spicier since then! Eve likes to read, bake, make crafts, travel, and spend time with her family. She lives ...more
More about Eve Vaughn...

Urban Fairytales (2 books)
  • Laid Bear (Urban Fairytales, #2)

“Finally, the damn meeting was over and Hunter couldn’t wait to get the hell out there. If he left now, he could make it home in under an hour. Home to Lila.” 1 likes
“He finally knew the meaning of the word love—letting someone go, even though it was killing you inside.” 1 likes