Start by marking “The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)

The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #6)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  2,910 ratings  ·  21 reviews
When Keesha discovers mold on her sandwich, the class takes off on a tour of the mini microbe world, and they learn first hand that these little creatures can have Huge effects. Ms. Frizzle proves that there is always more than meets the eye in this Gigantic adventure.
Published June 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks

The Big Field by Anne MorddelIs a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is? by Robert E. WellsThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeThe Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor by Joanna ColeThe Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane by Joanna Cole
Science for Kids
151st out of 168 books — 38 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussEli the Minnow and The Coral Cave Adventure by David L. SterlingThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Olivia by Ian Falconer
Childrens
93rd out of 107 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Chak
Dec 09, 2009 Chak rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kid
This is a must-read book for everyone! I loved it. My son has been very into the Magic School Bus series lately and I've been impressed. They're educational, fun, and the characters are humorously predictable in ways that keep the reader entertained. I haven't been reviewing them or the Horrible Harry series books because we've been flying through them. However, I had to write a note about this one, because I think it is spectacular. Being a germaphobe, this was a great book to read with my son, ...more
Lindsay
Ms. Frizzle's class goes on an adventure exploring the microscopic world of microbes in this Magic School Bus science chapter book. Ms. Frizzle has a magic school bus that can take her students on amazing field trips anywhere in the universe, and this time, the start by shrinking down to explore the mold on the homemade bread in Keesha's lunch. From there, the class explored a compost heap and even the inside of poor, sick Jimmy's blood vessels and were nearly engulfed by a white blood cell! Thi ...more
Kayla Krecklow
I always loved watching The Magic School Bus when I was younger but don't think I ever read any of the books. Sad, because I probably would have really enjoyed them. I have never been any good at science or into it at all but these types of books make it fun for kids and don't really see that they are learning more about the subject through reading. The Giant Germ was all about the different types of microbes. It starts out by Keesha's sandwich bread being moldy and of course the Friz can't pass ...more
Dolly
Aug 31, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read most, if not all, of the Magic School Bus picture books and now we're starting to read through the Magic School Bus chapter books as well. This was a good book in the series, although it seemed to combine a few of the picture books into one story. It's a busy field trip as the Friz and class check out mold spores, go inside a body, get washed in a washing machine, get baked in bread and more. It's a very informative book about microbes, both good and bad, and it is wonderful how it st ...more
Sophie Muller
I didn't give it a 5 stars because I got a bit irritated with the complaining about having no luck! But I loved how detailed and yet not boring the information was. I specifically enjoyed the clear and unarguable explanation about why antibiotics are useless for viruses (that includes colds and the flu!).
Vertrees
Read this one with my 5 year old . She really enjoys the magic school bus books and shows. I like that it introduces science topics (in this case viruses, microbes, white blood cells, etc) in a great easy-to-grasp format and a realistic environment.
Luke Ewell
I learned a lot about gems. It was really good. The biggest fungi is forty acres and ten tons.
Shannon Obrien
After reading this book it brought me back to my childhood. I remember reading these books when I was younger and loving them. I could incorporate this book 'The Magic School Bus Chapter Book #06: The Giant Germ' into a science lesson. This book was about science and we could do an activity like they had in the magic school bus.
TamTam
I liked it and I finally understood why you don't get sick from the same cold virus or any virus twice. At first I was scared. I mean....GERMS!!!!! Glad there are lots of good microbes too.
Heather
Some topics were over Riley's head, but the concept of kids in a bus shrinking and being inside a body kept him interested. Love all the learning involved in this series!
Caleb
One thing I really liked about this book is when Keisha said: "oh bad, oh bad, oh bad!" This is a cool book and I liked it a lot it just wasn't my favorite.
Theresa
Read this to help my daughter prepare for her AR Quiz on it. I actually learned some things about Microbes! Silly, corny book, but very educational.
Kidsbookworm
The chapter book versions of The Magic School Bus books are terrific! IMHO, they are Much better, more developed, richer than the magic treehouse series.
Laela
I really liked this one because they traveled inside a body of a boy named Andrew.
Jaden
I learned that I have bugs on my skin called microbes.
Gray
Jul 04, 2011 Gray rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This was very good. I learned germs can be very dangeous.
Rohmah
Feb 14, 2008 Rohmah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: anak
Cara yang asyik dan mudah belajar sains buat anak-anak.
Theresa
science supplementary material for the classroom.
PWRL
Jun 14, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Lauren
It was ok
Sherry Locklear
Sherry Locklear marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
James Buckalew
James Buckalew marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14) Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11) The Magic School Bus Has a Heart The Magic School Bus Rides The Wind (Science Reader) Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #17)