Start by marking “The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)

The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #6)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  3,720 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When Keesha discovers mold on her sandwich, the class takes off on a tour of the mini microbe world, and they learn first hand that these little creatures can have Huge effects. Ms. Frizzle proves that there is always more than meets the eye in this Gigantic adventure.
Published June 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published May 1st 2001)

Scratch 2.0 Programming by Denis GolikovArchaeologists Dig for Clues by Kate DukeThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeThe Magic School Bus On the Ocean Floor by Joanna ColeThe Big Field by Anne Morddel
Science for Kids
255 books — 61 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussEli the Minnow and The Coral Cave Adventure by David L. SterlingThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Olivia by Ian Falconer
Childrens
108 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
Dec 01, 2014 Lindsay rated it liked it
Ms. Frizzle's class goes on an adventure exploring the microscopic world of microbes in this Magic School Bus science chapter book. Ms. Frizzle has a magic school bus that can take her students on amazing field trips anywhere in the universe, and this time, the start by shrinking down to explore the mold on the homemade bread in Keesha's lunch. From there, the class explored a compost heap and even the inside of poor, sick Jimmy's blood vessels and were nearly engulfed by a white blood cell! Thi ...more
Chak
Dec 09, 2009 Chak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid
This is a must-read book for everyone! I loved it. My son has been very into the Magic School Bus series lately and I've been impressed. They're educational, fun, and the characters are humorously predictable in ways that keep the reader entertained. I haven't been reviewing them or the Horrible Harry series books because we've been flying through them. However, I had to write a note about this one, because I think it is spectacular. Being a germaphobe, this was a great book to read with my son, ...more
Will Squires Mosher
In The Giant Germ, Keesha's the narrator. She tells a story about her sandwich being moldy. Then, Miss Frizzle explains that it is because of microbes. So they used the Magic School Bus to shrink themselves and go inside the sandwich. After a while, another class starts cleaning up, but they don't realize that the Magic School Bus is on the sandwich. Keesha and her classmates are worried they will get thrown away.

I would recommend this book because it helped me learn a lot about microbes. I lear
Emily
Dec 05, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-time
Oh my god, THE MEMORIES.
Kayla Krecklow
Nov 29, 2012 Kayla Krecklow rated it it was ok
I always loved watching The Magic School Bus when I was younger but don't think I ever read any of the books. Sad, because I probably would have really enjoyed them. I have never been any good at science or into it at all but these types of books make it fun for kids and don't really see that they are learning more about the subject through reading. The Giant Germ was all about the different types of microbes. It starts out by Keesha's sandwich bread being moldy and of course the Friz can't pass ...more
Dolly
Aug 31, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read most, if not all, of the Magic School Bus picture books and now we're starting to read through the Magic School Bus chapter books as well. This was a good book in the series, although it seemed to combine a few of the picture books into one story. It's a busy field trip as the Friz and class check out mold spores, go inside a body, get washed in a washing machine, get baked in bread and more. It's a very informative book about microbes, both good and bad, and it is wonderful how it st ...more
Shannon Obrien
Nov 23, 2011 Shannon Obrien rated it it was amazing
After reading this book it brought me back to my childhood. I remember reading these books when I was younger and loving them. I could incorporate this book 'The Magic School Bus Chapter Book #06: The Giant Germ' into a science lesson. This book was about science and we could do an activity like they had in the magic school bus.
Sophie Muller
Oct 21, 2014 Sophie Muller rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-literature
I didn't give it a 5 stars because I got a bit irritated with the complaining about having no luck! But I loved how detailed and yet not boring the information was. I specifically enjoyed the clear and unarguable explanation about why antibiotics are useless for viruses (that includes colds and the flu!).
Vertrees
Aug 27, 2014 Vertrees rated it it was amazing
Read this one with my 5 year old . She really enjoys the magic school bus books and shows. I like that it introduces science topics (in this case viruses, microbes, white blood cells, etc) in a great easy-to-grasp format and a realistic environment.
Amanda Hively
Feb 19, 2015 Amanda Hively rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This series of books is great for the classroom. This one in particular is good for younger students, who need to understand germs, and how that is what causes them to get sick. Also, it is a fun way to introduce the topic in the classroom.
Caleb
Mar 26, 2010 Caleb rated it really liked it
One thing I really liked about this book is when Keisha said: "oh bad, oh bad, oh bad!" This is a cool book and I liked it a lot it just wasn't my favorite.
Theresa
Nov 13, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: layla
Read this to help my daughter prepare for her AR Quiz on it. I actually learned some things about Microbes! Silly, corny book, but very educational.
TamTam
Oct 19, 2011 TamTam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, 2011-reads
I liked it and I finally understood why you don't get sick from the same cold virus or any virus twice. At first I was scared. I mean....GERMS!!!!! Glad there are lots of good microbes too.
Kidsbookworm
Jan 04, 2012 Kidsbookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, family
The chapter book versions of The Magic School Bus books are terrific! IMHO, they are Much better, more developed, richer than the magic treehouse series.
Heather
Apr 20, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Some topics were over Riley's head, but the concept of kids in a bus shrinking and being inside a body kept him interested. Love all the learning involved in this series!
Theresa
Jul 09, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
Capeci, Anne
science supplementary material for the classroom.
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2012
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
Tori
Tori rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Hannah Fine
Hannah Fine rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Cynthia Roman
Cynthia Roman rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Jerusalen Castaneda
Jerusalen Castaneda rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2013
Natasha Campbell
Natasha Campbell rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Heidi Spruill
Heidi Spruill rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Callie Johnson
Callie Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Richard Gonzales
Richard Gonzales rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2014
Miranda Leiphart
Miranda Leiphart rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)