Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)

Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  913 ratings  ·  27 reviews
These books combine fun stories with neat facts, humor, illustrations-and they all feature the fabulous Ms. Fizzle!
Published January 1st 2000 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Truth About Bats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth About Bats

Silverwing by Kenneth OppelStellaluna by Janell CannonFirewing by Kenneth OppelDarkwing by Kenneth OppelSunwing by Kenneth Oppel
Best books about bats
10th out of 24 books — 20 voters
The Big Field by Anne MorddelNeurology by April Chloe TerrazasCellular Biology by April Chloe TerrazasChemistry by April Chloe TerrazasIs a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is? by Robert E. Wells
Science for Kids
142nd out of 167 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Dena (Batch of Books)
My daughter picked this book because she is fascinated by vampires, bats, and monsters. It was a very "informative" type of book that focused more on delivering information than an actual story or plot line.

I wasn't sure how she would take to it, but she loved it! We read a couple of chapters and she kept asking for more until we had read the entire book in one sitting. She seemed to enjoy the facts about bats more than the story.

Once we had finished reading, we talked about the story what we ha...more
Leiera Monae
Children's Reading Adventures Book Club, Summer 2014

*D.E.A.R. Time -- Read with 8 & 9 year olds*

06.27.2014
Mlh346comcast.net
J PBK M Magic School Bus chapter book. Interesting facts with meaningful illustrations
Dolly
Jun 11, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore Magic School Bus and we've read every book we can get our hands on. This is a great chapter book; it is not too long, and still has lots of pictures. It offers a unique look at bats in North America, stopping at a few places to show the interesting creatures in their habitat. It shows the differences between some of the species in size, coloration, amount of fur, diet, etc.
Kristi
Gordon: "My favorite part was the spotted bat because I would have liked to catch it. I also liked the part when the class was camping and they got to eat hot dogs, hamburgers, marshmallows, beans and chips. I learned that bats use echolocation to hunt. "

Davey: "I liked that Mr. Frizzle turned the Magic School Bus into a log cabin for the class to sleep in. I didn't like that Ralphie got stuck in a cave. I learned that bats live a long time. I also learned that the mom and baby bat can call each...more
Soso8678
May 25, 2014 Soso8678 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: س
Talking about bats
Kelly
All magic school bus books are a fun way to learn
*Queen Diva*
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't mind this book! I'm excited to have some educational books at my disposal to read to my kids at school for rest time or otherwise in a way that is fun and interesting to them! I've always liked the Magic School Bus books, but they are hard to read because of all the side facts to a large group and the picture books are very long. This format is nice because it puts it all in a chapter book where you can stop and read later.
June
I didn't know much about the bats but when I read this book, I
knew the facts about the bats. There are 1,000 different kinds of
bats in the world, only about 45 kinds of bats live in North
America and the smallest bat is the bumblebee bat of Thailand,
it is the smallest mammal on the Earth. Also, bats like to hang
out in dark, quiet places. I became know about these facts and
I knew there is a bat what it has spots.
Rebecca
Enjoyable adventure of the Magic School Bus class and Ms. Frizzle all while learning about bats.
Carolyn
Did you know that the Magic School Bus had chapter books too? My kids love these. In fact, my only complaint is that they are hard for my kids to "sort" when they get to school and the teacher wants them to identify fiction/non-fiction. (Explain to them: if there is anything fictional, then it's fiction.) Either way, they love learning from Mrs. Frizzle!
Stacie
My daughter and I love the Magic School Bus books. There is such great information given in an easy to understand and entertaining way. My daughter is now obsessed with all things bat and wants to know more and more about them.
Stacey
Everyone loves the magic school bus!!!! This is such a fun and easy way to teach any science topic to my students. This book is all about bats. Students can go on a journey and learn about the wonderful facts on bats.
Eric
It is about bats and you learn about them. Did you know bats eat incests that are dangerous to food,animals and humans. Since i read this book i have learnt a lot about bats.
Lori
This was very interesting. I read it to my 5 yr old and she really liked it. She couldn't wait to get the next book. Very fun for kids, yet teaches them a lot and adult too =)
Melissa Bell
I read this with my 5 year old daughter and she loved it. I like that she enjoyed the book, but I prefer non-fiction to learn info on bats to using a chapter book.
Heather
4 yo son is constantly talking about echolocation now & pretending to be a vampire bat! Great learning for me as well as my son!
Vicki Riddiough
This is a great book to read aloud with kids; informative, good pictures; highly recommend for kids age 6 and up!
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2014 Stephanie marked it as to-read
Another great resource for our science curriculum in the 1st 2nd ish years.
Robin
An enjoyable book I read with my brother. Loved this show when I was a kid.
Malcolm says, "I want to build a bat house. And I want to get a film camera."
Theresa
the life and activities of bats with a scientific approach
Sam
It was okay, but I didn't learn anything.
Audra Green
I love bats! And this was accurate and fun.
Hameet
i was a good book but not my type!!!
Troy
Jun 02, 2011 Troy added it
Recommends it for: write a blog about this book called the magic school bus
Recommended to Troy by: goodreads
Namuuka
Dec 24, 2007 Namuuka added it
Recommends it for: funny
funny
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2) Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3) Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4) Lucky Ducklings The Story Of George Washington Carver