Start by marking “Flawless” as Want to Read:
Flawless

Flawless

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  588 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Set in the world of international diamond-dealing, this novel follows the fortunes of Scarlett as she is plunged into a world of ruthless mine owners, shady diamond dealers and the stunningly beautiful women for whom they all compete. Everyone seems prepared to sacrifice everything in pursuit of that one, elusive, perfect stone.
Published May 23rd 2009 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Flawless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flawless

Luxie Ryder
Emma
In the glitteringly ruthless diamond business, Scarlett Drummond Murray is a force to be reckoned with. As stunningly beautiful as the diamonds she works with, Scarlett is determined to make her mark on the industry with her fabulous jewellery creations. But to do so she must battle through a world that is steeped in greed and corruption. Blazing a trail from London to Beverly Hills, Scarlett is plunged into the world of shady diamond dealers and the stunningly beautiful women for whom they all ...more
Melanie
The idea behind this book would make for a great tv show, but I don't know where this book went wrong, probably the 20th time I heard the SAME EXACT speech from Scarlett about the troubles in the diamond mines.
Problems I have with this book:
1. Every character is selfish and self-righteous and soooo annoying!
2. Long, unnecessary descriptions that have you thinking, "get on with it!"
3. Besides Jake and Diana, the characters don't grow or have any major revelations.
4. Scarlett is barely likeable
Paula
When I read the back cover of what it was about I thought it would a good read, but the minute I opened the book and started reading it, it was a bore, I had to force myself to finish the book! Despite it's appealing premise dictated on the back cover it was a complete snore, definitely not worth the 11$ I paid for it, I say pass on this and pick something else, preferable something that will hopefully be a lot better to read.
Meredith Schorr
I love Tilly Bagshawe's writing style - it's like a throwback to the 80s when I was reading books by Judith Krantz, Sydney Sheldon, and Jackie Collins - lots of sex, power struggles, greed, lust etc. Flawless was no exception and I really enjoyed it. I particularly loved the characters and the love stories. In my opinion, it wasn't the strongest of her books. I felt it lacked some development. Major plot lines were just announced without warning - for instance, when Jake and Danny entered into a ...more
Ajita
Scarlett Drummond Murray designs and sells her own jewelry in her store in Notting Hill. She also leads a campaign called 'Fair Trade' to prevent diamond traders from selling blood diamonds and to get better working conditions for those who work in the mines.
Jake Meyer, a diamond trader Scarlett dislikes, is a womanizer. He and his introvert twin brother Danny own Solomon Stones. Jake works on the east coast of the US and Danny on the west coast. They love each other but at the end there’s alwa
n all of my reviews, I say something about building characters and setting being the reason I love books. That's exactly what this book is. Honestly, the actual storyline of this book is awful. There is little plot development, which could make the book feel slow and tedious. You're not really attempting to find action throughout the book, you're focusing on the relationships between the five main characters. Oh what characters!

Tilly Bagshawe has fully gone into the lives of each one of these ch
Sam Still Reading
Nov 17, 2011 Sam Still Reading rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: liked the author's previous books
Flawless is a perfect book for the times when you need to escape the daily grind but don’t want to bog yourself down in a serious, convoluted book. This book is exaggerated fun – the hunks are hunky, the women beautiful, the baddies bad and the plot interesting but easy enough to be remembered. While not as much fun for me as Adored (which was perfect escapist fare), this book is still a very good beach read.

Flawless centres around the diamond industry – the heroine, Scarlett Drummond Murray des
Sanjeev
After reading Tilly Bagshawe's books Scandalous and Fame, Flawless came across as formulaic: Tall, beautiful British heroine; good looking American hero; a variety of American & British villains; and the story spread over the continents. Whereas her other two books were page turners, this one really dragged at times and the story seemed forced. It definitely is not like Scandalous where one scene begged the next.

The story of Scarlett growing up in Scottish estate, starting Jewelry store in L
Standards Malaysia
Set in the glittering world of international diamond dealing, FLAWLESS follows the fortunes of idealistic young designer Scarlett Drummond Murray as she battles her way through the snake pits of greed and corruption in the jewellery business. From London to Beverly Hills, New York to Cape Town, Scarlett finds herself plunged into a world of ruthless mine owners, shady diamond dealers, and the stunningly beautiful women for whom they all compete, in business and in bed. All of them, in their diff ...more
Di
Set in the glittering world of international diamond dealing, Flawless follows the fortunes of idealistic young designer Scarlett Drummond Murray as she battles her way through the snake pits of greed and corruption in the jewellery business. But is Scarlett also destined to be blinded by the brilliance of the temptation that surrounds her? Or can she keep her nerve - and her principles - and make it to the top with her heart and her business still intact?

This book is easy to read and full of g
Hsiau Wei
It was quite a thick book with over 500 pages telling the story of Scarlett, Diana and the Meyer's twin; Jake and Danny.

Scarlett who never in good terms with Jake found herself in collaboration with him to established Flawless after her own boutique was burnt down by Diana's husband. Thru Flawless, both of them started to work their way thru the famous celebrities and socialites.

Diana, who unknowingly involved in an implicit affairs with Danny found that love alone may not enough to make one rel
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Audiobook: Such a fun book with great characters. Really enjoyed this, and Jane Collingwood narrated brilliantly as usual. Definitely recommend if you want a fun, light, entertaining read/listen.
Kellie
This book frustrated me almost as much as level 100 in candy crush. It seemed to be about twice as long as it needed to be, and half the characters were irritating for some reason or another. I stuck with it until the end, but I wish I hadn't.
Ernest
It is surprising how thick this book is given what was, in effect, quite a light story. The book is very escapist, with even the most serious aspects failing to ground this book in sufficient reality. This is a book about various characters in the diamond industry. Containing far too explicit descriptions for my liking, this book may best interest those who don’t mind lighter reads with a Sex in the City like tone (this coming from someone who has not seen the TV series or the film).
Kathy Chung
reviewed at :Mama Kucing Meow : Flawless by Tilly Bagshawe

Reviewed on : 18 February 2011

Anyone who loves Sidney Sheldon's book would certainly love this book. It have a good dose of charm, suspense, mystery, drama and romance.

I have read two of Tilly Bagshawe's books. I love "Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of The Game" but did not like "Do Not Disturb".
Eman14
I enjoyed it ...though not my favourite....I wonder about Diana's character and her relationship (could be more convincing) and can't believe that Jake mayer will just abondon his old life style for the sake of gorgeous Scarlette who was beatifully portrayed.............I liked how she describes the stressing events affecting the characters and how they handle on different situations.........looking forward to read more of her novels
Jade
As far as chick-lits go this one isn't that bad. I'd been reading some heavier books of late and this was quite a nice respite. However, as most books of this genre I wouldn't exactly say that it was a work of literary genius. I was also quite annoyed that after all the melodrama of the book all problems seemed to be resolved in about 2 pages at the end.
Jess
Wow! I loved this book, I mean there was some parts that I just wanted to scream at Scarlett in, like the fact that she risks her life to stand up for others, but when SHES getting screamed at by her family she doesnt stand up for herself.
Other than that its a great book, a bit slow going at the beginning but it DOES get better!
Maryellen
Flawless reminded me of books like Judith Krantz and Olivia Goldsmith used to write - romps through a rich and powerful world where everything turns out okay in the end. I couldn't put it down, glad these are becoming available on Kindle - I'll be looking for the next ones.
Gemma
Good once you got into it first couple of chapters really dragged I wanted to give up reading it but i never let myself do that if I start a book I have to finish it and I'm glad I did once it got going was a really good read and strangely not as long a book as it looks
Beverley
Another goodie from Bagshawe, this is perfect chick lit! The lovely heroine, bad boys turned good, the evil villain, overbearing mothers, the kind old aunt and LA darlings... All the characters you need for a satisfying escapist read! And it's all about diamonds...
Denyce
This book for me was the equivalent to a tawdry little tabloid that I just coudn't put down and couldn't wait to turn the page and get a look-see at what would happen next. I was looking for a fun, girly piece of chick-lit escapism and this book delivered.
Christina Szymanski
I did enjoy the book. It was easy reading, but I did find a mistake in a sentence. Tilly Bagshawe wrote that JACK folded the paper about the house and it should have been DANNY. It is the first time I ever found a mistake in a book I was reading.
Chantal
Good book. Liked it a lot. Reminded me why I love the writing style of Tilly so much. The story is nice and sweet, yet not too romantic. It was more about the diamond industry and the story around it, then about a romantic love affrair. It was good!
Helen
This started off as a chore but got better as it went along. Honestly, towards the end I was racing through just to finish because it took me SO LONG to get through this one! (only due to my busy schedule as opposed to poor writing)
Anne Berryly
Characters had no depth. Main protagonist is a bore. Nothing exciting. I had to force myself to finish the book.. two stars is almost over rated. Not sure if I'm going to give L.bagshawe another shot.
Patty
Too much time jumping and POV was not established before they start talking or thinking. It was all over the place. Never Finished the book... Bummer though, it was a nice concept.
Deb Cutler
I felt like I was watching a tv miniseries. I would have enjoyed watching it as a guilty pleasure, but reading it was eh. I have too much other stuff on my to read pile to bother.
Tara
This does exactly what it says on the tin - it's typical chick lit, with the typical love story all in there. I enjoyed reading this - it was a nice bit of escapism!
  • Glamour
  • Gold Diggers
  • Luxury
  • Divas
  • California Dreamers
  • Platino
  • It Happened in Venice
Matilda Emily N. Bagshawe was born on 12 June 1973 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey. She was a single mother at 17, but she won a place at Cambridge University and took Persephone, her ten-month-old baby daughter with her. As a journalist, she went on to enjoy a successful career in London, and contributed regularly to The Sunday Times, D ...more
More about Tilly Bagshawe...
Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness Adored Scandalous