Start by marking “The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  29,758 ratings  ·  1,029 reviews
Nikolai Wroth, once a ruthless human warlord in the 1700s and now a general in the rebel vampire army, needs to find his bride, the one woman who can render him truly alive. As a turned human, he doesn't enjoy a heartbeat or breathing and is consequently weaker than fully blooded vampires. He wants his bride for the power she will bring him and can hardly believe it when h ...more
Published 2006 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about The Warlord Wants Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warlord Wants Forever

Dark Lover by J.R. WardTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDarkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Best Paranormal Romance Series
27th out of 1,488 books — 9,639 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
89th out of 817 books — 2,693 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
Do you know a woman who's bitchy, non-compliant and difficult?

According to Cole, the answer to this is that she's just too damn empowered and has too many rights!

unempowered
Surely relinquishing her unappreciated freedoms and rights will make her abundantly happy... and compliant... and slutty...

I hear an objection from the Kresley Cole fans and in the interest of fair media representation, I'll relay it to the rest of you. "But Kat, the novels ends with Wroth and Myst in an equal relationship where Myst ha
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Reread Completed for Immortals After Dark 2013 Group Reread (July 5-7, 2013)

This is the one that started it all. It's been great to go and revisit the first book of one of my favorite paranormal romance series (and book series) of all time. Even after rereading again it so many years later, it still holds an enormous appeal. I just fell into this story head-first. I have to say that the world that Kresley Cole has built stands distinctive and very strongly in the genre. This book reads more lik
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for erotic content

"You're the most malicious bitch I've ever known."
"Flatterer," she chirped.

Waitress : Welcome to the Fetish Cafe. Please feel feel to browse our menu and I'll be back to take your order shortly.

Me : No need. I already know what I want. It's been a rough week and I could use some stress relief. Can you send over a man who has the ability to produce instant *cough* uh...you know...the big "O," on command?

Waitress : (raises an eyebrow) You do realize what you're
Sammy, Recovering Monster Sex Addict
"Get out of the Woods and get a Room"
4.25 Stars

woods

“Wroth! Don’t do this!”
“Five years of hell,” he sneered, palming her ass roughly.
“You deserve to be fucked till you can’t walk.”

Nikolai Wroth, Vampire Warrior

nikolai

Nikolai was a famous warlord, known for his courage and strength. Until he died on the battlefield over three hundred years ago. As he lay dying he was offered a second chance at life, as a vampire. Now he fights a different kind of war. A war against full blooded vampires that drink their f
Dina
The Warlord Wants Forever is the short story that introduces the Immortal After Dark series...

From Kresley Cole's website:

Nikolai Wroth, once a ruthless human warlord in the 1700s and now a general in the rebel vampire army, needs to find his Bride, the one woman who can render him truly alive. As a turned human, he doesn’t enjoy a heartbeat or breaths and is consequently weaker than fully blooded vampires. He wants his Bride for the power she will bring him and can hardly believe it when his he
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
5 stars

The Warlord Wants Forever is a fantastic beginning to a fabulous series!

Karla encourage me to go back and read the first book (novella) before starting the 8th book in the Immortals After Dark series, Deep Kiss of Winter. She said that reading this novella would help me fully understand the events that take place in the 8th book.

To be honest, I wasn't overly excited about reading this novella. I figured after seven books I had a fairly good understanding of the amazing but complex world K
Pam
Feb 25, 2014 Pam rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pam by: Pigi
Shelves: fantastical, 4, erotica, vamps
4 stars
Play at love and act at surrender.

Myst is a Valkyrie that is sent to lure and bait prey until her and her sisters can go for their kill. Wroth is a Forbearer, a Vampire Warlord who is respected for his cunning mind and fighting skills. Myst is unlike any creature he has ever met, she is beautiful, strong, and completely out of her ever loving mind!
“You’re mad, aren’t you?”

“As— a— hatter,” she whispered back conspiratorially.

Myst blooded Wroth but unlike her other conquests, she le
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

So. Paranormal Romance. A lot of readers don’t see a huge difference between PNR and Urban Fantasy. I do. And for the most part, I infinitely prefer UF—more save the world, less cheerleader.

Exhibit A: my sister and I were reading a well-known PNR a few years ago, our version of a buddy read (b/c I was like ten books ahead of her), and we’d shoot each other texts, snickering and generally carrying on, BUT the most often made comment was, “If someone hisses in pleasure one
Brittany B.
Updated Review:
For an IAD 1st short story, this is a 4.5 on my scale... But I could be biased.

Thus, I'm leaving my first review of this book below. It's how I felt at the time, and the male narrator honestly does a grating impression of the Count from Sesame Street for his performance of vampire, Nikolai Wroth.

However, after reading more of the series, and wishing for more audiobooks of the series (as performed by the full series narrator: Robert Petkoff, who is an unbelievable genius) I went
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Jessica Hatfield
Enjoyed this book so much.....

photo wall1_zps07dcfd67.jpg

Nikolai was a Super sexy, smart, General of a vampire army, but he was sweet too. Myst was a funny, sassy, kickass warrior who has been crushin on Nikolai since he was a Human warlord . They are great chemistry together. The book was smokin Hott and romantic

photo redgreen5_zps66fbcea4.jpg

photo nick1_zps8657322f.jpg

Can't wait for the next book.......
Alex is The Romance Fox

Immortals After Dark has become one of my favorite paranormal romance series.
I read this novella after I had read most of the books in this series and I found it a really entertaining story. I always wanted to find out more about Nikolai & Myst, after meeting them in other books and how the series began.

Nikolai, a human turned vampire general is on the lookout for his Bride, the one woman who can make him breathe again, make his heart beat and make him become stronger.
He’s just not expecting
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Stars - For a novella it is pretty solid

The best thing about reading the prequel to this series first is you can decide in 163 pages if this is a series that might be interesting to you without a huge commitment. I’m going to say that I’m in you had me at Valkyrie. Why, you might ask, it isn’t the normal PNR lore, I’ve only read one other book with a Valkyrie in it and I love it when different mythologies are used in books.

This has the typical alpha-male role that is almost over-the-top but
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
The Warlord Wants Forever: really short fun read by the romance master that is Kresley Cole

Alright, I am OFFICIALLY caught up with the whole Immortals After Dark series. It is so much fun to see how kresley cole's writing has improved. However, I must say the fact that she improved is a testament because she started off amazing anyways. This was a really awesome read. i couldn't give it 5 stars simply because I have been tainted by already haven read her later works. Therefore, it is near imposs
Iva
First time read: June 1st, 2011. (Maybe even before)
Re-read: 21st April, 2013. Stil the best!

"Five years of hell! You deserve to be fu*ked until you can't walk!"

Oh God, why does that line always get me excited?? :P Mmmm Nikolai Wroth, the warrior. Wish myself one warrior too *bites lip* And a good one like this too...

Now she felt frustration as she’d never known. "Wroth, don’t be stupid."
In a low, steady tone, he said, "I love you, Myst."
Feeling erupted in her chest to answer his words. Yes,
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Krelsey Cole knows how to write her Paranormal Romance. I love her Immortals After Dark series and this was the first book I read on it so you get my commitment to it.

Myst

Myst is a strong woman. She is used to being seen as "The Beautiful" one and everyone wanting her as their possession. They never expect it when she kills them and never blinks an eye. What nobody knows is that Myst wants someone to love her for what she is not what they want her to be. When she meets and bloodies Nikolai Wroth
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
A great beginning to a series! I liked the type of characters and the world being setup here.

I've been wanting to start this for such a long time! I wish the story could've been longer to develop better, but it was funny, entertaining, sexy, with just a little bit of action.

For the most part I liked the characters in this novel, although at times their emotions didn't feel believable. And I also liked the characters around them. The Valkyrie are a funny bunch!

With Wroth and Myst it was... love
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Stars!

Val Hall

Nikolai Wroth

Myst

Full review to come.
Merve  Özcan
Çok sevdiğim bir seri, gerçekten birçok mitolojik yaratık içeriyor.Her sayfası, her kitabı ayrı bir güzel.
Karakterlerin çelişkileri, aşkları, umutsuzluklarını... Kitabı okurken bende yaşıyorum. Yazarın dili sizi sıkmıyor. Her sayfa göz açıp kapayıncaya kadar geçiyor ve sonunda yüzünüzde bir gülümseme ile bittiği için üzülüyorsunuz.
Navessa
Jul 26, 2014 Navessa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Navessa by: Angela
No Angelas will be killed during the reading of this book. The blame lies solely with the reader.
Paula
Great start to a new (to me) series. Going right into the next book.
kristina

maybe I'll write a review . .
Angela
Buddy re-read with Sarah

Okay, I admit it - I should hate this book. Forced seduction? Check. Physical blows between heroine and hero? Check. Almost, could-be-described-as, rape? Double-Check. Strong woman waiting for a man to tame her? Check. Man jealous of woman's previous 'experience'? Check. In fact, you could put a check mark next to a lot of my pet-peeves in romance novels.

I should have read this and immediately ran in the other direction, screaming out warnings. I guess the most amazing th
Maria
It’s been some time that I wanted to read the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole and I thought that I should start with this novella. And I have to say that this book is a very promising start!

The story is about Wroth, a general in the vampire army and Myst, a Valkyrie. Vampires and Valkyries are mortal enemies so, as you can guess, nothing is easy with this couple. In the story we’ve been introduce to this world when all this of fantasy and mythology exist.

Wroth is clearly an alpha ma
Dee
Originally read in April 2011 and gave it ★★★★★

Having recently re-read Lothaire decided to go ahead and re-read the whole series again. I have used them as part of a group challenge to re-read a much loved series but can only read one book a month.....Not sure I am gonna be able to hold off reading the others but only time will tell :)

★★★★

I originally read this book April 2011 and rated it 5 stars. Obviously I still enjoyed it this time but know that this doesn't equal the quality of some of the
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Karla
Like all of the books in the IAD series, this one did not disappoint. I've read all the others and saved the first one for last...go figure. Nikolai and Myst are so good together. Kresley Cole just has a knack for pairing great characters. My only complaint is that they needed a longer story. I wish she would write a reference book to keep track of all the characters and events that take place.
Rachel ~ SnapDragoness
I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. The whole tough-as-nails immortal heroine usually puts me off, but I liked Myst. And the whole dubious consent thing? I can't believe I'm saying this, but it was acceptable here.

Ugh, I dunno. It's complicated...

But, I like Ms. Cole's writing style; despite this being just a novella, the content made it feel slightly epic at times. Though I could have done without the "Wroth has a giant schlong" subplot.

Myst is an f'ing Valkyrie. She can han
Mel
The Warlord Wants Forever is the first in the Immortal After Dark series by Kresley Cole. The story features the eldest of the Wroth brothers, Nikolai, and the most beautiful Valkyrie of them all: Myst the Coveted.

Myst is playing bait in a vampire dungeon when Nikolai, as general of a vampire rebel group, frees her. Nikolai is immediately intrigued by Myst. She however tries to play Nikolai like she does every man. When they find out Myst is Nikolai’s Bride, she does the worst thing imaginable
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7)
  • Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)

“How old are you?”
“Physiologically, I’m twenty-five. Chronologically, I’m…not.”
94 likes
“When she scooped up her clothes, opened his door, then snapped her fingers for a guard down the hall, Wroth watched like a bystander.

“Pssst. Minion. I need these laundered. Very little starch. Don’t just stand there gawking or you’ll anger my good frenemy General Wroth. We’re like this.”

He couldn’t see her but knew she was twining two fingers together.”
84 likes