Start by marking “The Little Book of Curses and Maledictions for Everyday Use” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Curses and Maledictions for Everyday Use

The Little Book of Curses and Maledictions for Everyday Use

Gas prices, traffic. “Fresh” produce, “wholesome” food. Your boss. Your former boss. Your coworkers. Your crush. Doctors. Customer service. Who can you call to get that monkey off your back? You can’t call anyone because they won’t return your calls. Isn’t it time to have a little ammo of your own? Here you go: fifty custom maledictions for situations you run into every ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Skyhorse Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Curses and Maledictions for Everyday Use

Tim
Nov 30, 2010 Tim rated it liked it
Shelves: occult-magick
The "secret" behind this type of Magick or any, really, is hidden in plain sight. Some of these rituals seem hokey, but substitution for some of the really easy to obtain 'ingredients' is somewhat encouraged. As of yet, I have not had any reason to try any of these and the warning is put forth to NOT perform a malediction just to see what happens....advice that should be heeded, whether you are a seasoned practitioner or a fresh 'Chaos Magician', use only when all other routes have failed.
Then b
Acacia
Jul 11, 2015 Acacia rated it liked it
Shelves: the-craft
Cutesy, humorous, and believing in karma. I recently took an interest in curses because everyone seems so afraid to use them and afraid that they are cursed at the same time. I felt like there was a good deal of repetition in here, especially with cautioning people not to throw out hexes on a whim. I found that a little annoying since the author devoted a portion of the beginning of the text to that, and didn't see a need for the disclaimer throughout the book as well.
Stephanie
Entertaining

This book is by no means based on real historical contexts and even the basic tenets of magic seem to be overlooked here. Please take the "curses" in this book as a grain of salt. I gave this book 3 stars simply because I found it extremely entertaining, especially as a practicing witch of over 20 years. From that standpoint (and that standpoint alone) it does not disappoint!
Denise
Oct 29, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: strange, cooking
Confession, I didn't read this and I do not believe in magic or spell casting. I'm giving it five stars for the cover and because I would love to have it in my kitchen next to my recipe books. Would also make a lovely Halloween prop. Sadly, I can't justify the purchase.
Jan Wilkes
Jan Wilkes rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Michele Croston
Michele Croston rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Charity Melchor-stophel
Charity Melchor-stophel rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Kathy Wilks
Kathy Wilks rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Serena Goode
Serena Goode rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Mimi
Mimi rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Nausicaä  Nausicaä
Nausicaä Nausicaä rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Annirose
Annirose rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2014
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
bacabuku
bacabuku rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Jet Taylor
Jet Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Isabella  Collan
Isabella Collan rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Ricardo Gigante
Ricardo Gigante rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Mandy D
Mandy D rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2012
Jacquelyn Lee
Jacquelyn Lee rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Lori Basiewicz
Lori Basiewicz rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Patricia A. Davidson
Patricia A. Davidson rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Tracey Gerber
Tracey Gerber rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2015
Jadell
Jadell rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014